Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,369

meleebrawler

Speaking of getting arms, it appears that you unlock them on a per-character basis, completely at random (the boxes you hit to get them in the game have character logos on them). Seems to be a way to encourage experimentation with different characters.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

FGPackers

meleebrawler wrote:

Speaking of getting arms, it appears that you unlock them on a per-character basis, completely at random (the boxes you hit to get them in the game have character logos on them). Seems to be a way to encourage experimentation with different characters.

REALLY interesting. If so, that's a nice move to me.

@DiscoGentleman you can read it in the help menu. If i remember right you have, while jumping, to charge and move both joy-cons towards enemy

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

veeflames

@DiscoGentleman Hold the dodge button (L with motion controls Joy Cons, Y with traditional controls).

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Aozz101x

FGPackers wrote:

Nintendo published it minutes ago, that's a nice one!

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

JoyBoy

I was playing as Mechanica so I like to think I made the difference

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Spoony_Tech

That doesn't surprise me. From what I saw she was always winning from what little I played.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

I tried all the characters, Mechanica was the one I won with the most

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

NightMoon

@Dev That's surprising for me. Every time I played against one I always win.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

FGPackers

I won almost every match against Mechanica...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

SMODomite

I played for about 40 minutes over the weekend and it was definitely a lot of fun, even if my arms were hurting a bit by the end haha...I gotta get used to the way the camera angles change and was getting frustrated when one user on a one on one fight just did the grab/punch over and over every time I stood up and there really wasn't much I could do about it...Definitely going to be picking this up though once I can get my hands on another set of joy cons (going to get the red/blue since I have the grey)

SMODomite

meleebrawler

I'm sure Mechanica is very good at preying on the impatience of new players, once you grow accustomed to using her hover and charge strafe.

nuzthemonkey

Ribbon Girl is amazing...... I want to buy the game but I have no switch:(

ribbon girl is bae:)

Haru17

Maybe block is button-mapped so weirdly because they don't want people using standard controls to have an advantage over motion control players in certain areas.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Zyrac

@Haru17 Now that you mention it, this kinda makes sense. With motion controls, you have to tilt the Joy-Cons inward to block, so if you want to stop blocking and throw a punch outwards, it's going to take you a moment to tilt the other way. Making button players press the control stick inward to block may be intended to emulate that limitation.

Zyrac

Twitter:

TuVictus

As far as music goes, I don't find it very memorable. Though I suppose their focus isn't on that aspect of the game anyway, so it's forgivable on my end.

TuVictus

meleebrawler

Well, you never listen to any of it for that long, except for the much more vibrant title theme when watching the attract mode (or just sitting at the main menu). Yet, it still transitions nicely through other selections. So even if the music doesn't really stand out (like a lot of the presentation aspects in the game), it still accentuates the mood of whatever you're doing. Such as the pleasant beach-time music of V-Ball (a version of beach volleyball).

Edited on by meleebrawler

Haru17

I think the music is incredible. It's not amazingly diverse, but the other seven stages probably have better themes than the ones in the test punch (and even then stages like the lab still have pretty good tracks). Moreover, few other games have soundtracks that focus on upbeat opera, as opposed to singing just used to dramatize boss fights and story sequences.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

ThomGee

@Pigeon I absolutely love the music style and some of the tracks, but I do agree that a lot of the tracks are forgettable. I actually turned off the sound after a point just because I'm so used to listening to YouTube while playing video games.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic