Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,369

NightMoon

@Spoony_Tech Hmmm... I don't know if I want to do that. I might though.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

FGPackers

meleebrawler wrote:

The Tri-Shot? That's not a shock weapon, it's "Stun". It just causes a longer than usual flinch (which does go through armour as you described). Shock weapons are the ones that instantly disable opponent's arms when they hit.

Yeah you're right. I have to learn english terms! By the way yeah, both are really good!

Dev wrote:

Speed characters or characters that can just jump more or move quickly are good for this kind of fighting game. I have a feeling Kid Cobra's going to be a monster.

Yeah i can't wait to try him. He can easily be my main along Spring Man!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's changing up the "extra" modes in the next wave of Testpunch sessions, Skillshot is confirmed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThomGee

@Spoony_Tech I was just about to post that! I think that'll be pretty useful for people who didn't play that much in the Testpunch, and for anyone waiting for the next sessions.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

erv

I played one of the testpunch sessions yesterday. I had a lot of fun playing - kind of surprised how kinda violent it is lol.

From waggle to understanding when you can do what, this game has a lot of potential to grow on you. I like it a lot.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Maxz

@meleebrawler Yeah, I never found Ninjara particularly different from any of the other characters really. His poof of spoke thing just seems like a fancy visual effect, and he only gets one per jump (I think, could be wrong), unlike Ribbon Girl who can string together quite a few jumps and air-dashes. I know we're in the early stages where people like to immediately declare anything they're unfamiliar with as 'broken' or 'haxx', but I don't think Ninjara's that bad. Otherwise I'd play as him.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

erv

Dude has a review copy of arms on his machine right there.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

NightMoon

@Dev Yeah I've been fighting a lot of them during the testpunch. Good thing their good character, its just most people don't know how to use them correctly yet.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

ThomGee

Apparently the "play the Testpunch forever" exploit isn't working on my Switch. When I try to do it, it takes me to a page that I think is on the internal internet browser and displays an error message.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

meleebrawler

@Maxz Ninjara's most unique trait is his guard-warp. I can't really speak for it's effectiveness at the moment, since most people are inclined to move and dodge instead.

Every character can only do one air-dash per jump, including Ribbon Girl (who has multiple jumps and a fast-fall followup from said dash, minimizing her landing vulnerability).

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JaxonH

I fought a guy playing Ninjara who kept warp dashing, and at first it threw me for a loop. Then halfway through the match I caught on and just pummeled him. Curving punches is a must, and waiting for openings when they attack. Soon as his Arms came flying I would skirt around and go for a grab throw.

Needless to say, he got wrecked.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zyrac

@DiscoGentleman My thoughts exactly. I actually think win rate tends to be inversely proportional to popularity, because the popular characters are the ones inexperienced players flock to, often because of their effectiveness against other inexperienced players.

Zyrac

Twitter:

-Green-

Ninjara was probably one of the most popular because he was a Ninja, and everyone loves Ninjas. Not to mention people tend to flock to the faster characters in fighting games, and Ninjara himself is pretty friendly with a fairly spammable technique in poofing + grabbing which does wonders on the more inexperienced players.

Min Min is likely because people seem to be enamored with her appearance and she has pretty unique traits.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Maxz

Thing is, people seemed to be sorta down on Ninjara for being a generic ninja dude when the site did that character poll. But people seem to remembered how much they like generic ninja dudes since then. Or maybe NL's poll isn't representative of the entire Earth. Not surprised by Min-Min though. She's a flippin ramen martial artist with a fantastic design. I think she came at the top of the poll for the available characters (bested only by Twintelle)

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

-Green-

The reddit survey had similar results to what the tweet stated. With Ninjara and Min Min being in the top 3, out of of about 3600 responses compared to the 800 responses here. Of course, there are differences here as the NLife one was done before the Test Punch and included the other 3 characters . So take it for what you will, neither are particularly scientific.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

Spring Man, Ninjara and Min-Min are probably the three most straightforward fighters at the moment (heck, Ninjara's arms are practically carbon copies of Spring Man's). Spring Man likely is the least popular of the three since his benefits aren't immediately obvious like the other two, not to mention the slight stigma against comeback mechanics present in fighting communities. Min-min has fans with her design and getting a buff with the popular tactic of grabbing, but her standard arms are a bit unorthodox and slow to use. Thus Ninjara takes the lead since both his mechanics and arms are simple.

Personally, I much prefer Spring Man's ARMs to Ninjara's, except maybe Tri-Blast.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

KirbyTheVampire

It'll be interesting to see what the most played characters are once people are able to use any arm with any character in the full game. Strategy will also likely become a lot deeper at that point as well, since the potential arm combinations won't be nearly as limited.

KirbyTheVampire

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic