Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,369

JaxonH

Gosh this game is a blast! I can't wait for the full release so I can play single player in comfort and train up to get good, and then go online once I've got the muscle memory down and have established a basic winning strategy.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Maxz

Aah man, I've definitely got to pick this up at some point. I'm super busy until August, so I'm going to try and hold off precisely because it's the kind of game I might play to death, and I should really be investing that time into study instead.

Still, it looks like it'll probably appear on most every "Games You MUST Play if You Own a Switch" list we're likely to read for the foreseeable future, as it's a really solid, inventive, and downright fun fighter. Hopefully by the time I do pick it up, it'll be a little cheaper, and also padded out with all the downloadable stuff.

The really hard game to miss out on in going to be Splatoon 2, as I'm absolutely in love with the original. I bought a Wii U just to play the first game, so it'll be tough not picking up the second despite already owning the console. And singleplayer looks aceballs. It might well break me.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I finally got the grasp of the controls today. I still stink but I'm getting better. My son is way better then me but he played almost every session while I played maybe 45 minutes total. I'm already planing on getting it and through Best Buy I'm getting it for free this time.

Got a 50$ gift card for them just for test driving a car at Chevy. Btw, that deal is going on through the end of the month in the US if any other want to get the game basically for free! They also have Amazon and others to choose from as well. Free money people.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@FGPackers The Tri-Shot? That's not a shock weapon, it's "Stun". It just causes a longer than usual flinch (which does go through armour as you described). Shock weapons are the ones that instantly disable opponent's arms when they hit.

Also, Ninjara players love their air warp way too much... they just end up being really predictable.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Zyrac

I'm finding the Ninjara players aggravating, I must admit. But it is indeed just a matter of being able to predict them. I imagine I'll get better at it.

The most predictable player I've seen so far was a Spring Man who just constantly went for grabs. Threw me off at first, but all I really had to do was keep punching.

Zyrac

Twitter:

ThomGee

@meleebrawler I can vouch for the Ninjara thing because I constantly use the air warp. It's really fun to use and you can use some interesting maneuvers with it. Strangely, the best strategies come from your opponent finding a pattern, as far as I can see. Once they can predict you, change it up for some good hits.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Haru17

Zyrac wrote:

I'm finding the Ninjara players aggravating, I must admit. But it is indeed just a matter of being able to predict them. I imagine I'll get better at it.

Not really, it's more a matter of him being a cheese character because the game's auto-locked camera doesn't follow him when he teleports even if you do predict the direction. You're forced to retreat or sit there helpless as he punches or grabs you because — as has been mentioned — he's a cheese character who the game does not allow you to look at while he is free to attack.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JasmineDragon

@Spoony_Tech I had the same kind of experience with my daughter. She started out totally uncoordinated and frustrated, but she played in every session and learned so fast. I was just getting comfortable with the controls in the last session I played. We both still kind of suck but we're getting there, and it was a hell of a lot of fun. My daughter is saying this might be her favorite game on the Switch. I wouldn't go that far myself, but definitely fun enough to buy Day One. And we haven't even seen Twintelle or Kid Cobra in action yet.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Nin10dad

Only got 9 mins in on the final test punch as my little one was stirring! She's only just gone down now!!! But overall, the weekend has been very enjoyable and really pleased with my 3x scores of 92.
I personally much prefer motion controls over pro controller, and yes, I main Ninjara, sorry folks!!
Won't be able to put much time in next week as have family over but very much looking forward to this dropping on the 16th.

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Sveakungen

I went from really interested to pure love after 2 Test Punch-sessions! It looks and plays beautifully, with loads of tactical options and really great looking 60 fps fighting. It felt like the one hour testplay was like 5 min, so much fun did I have. And then I only used one character during those two sessions. This game sure has e-sport written all over it!

Edited on by Sveakungen

Sveakungen

Joeynator3000

...I just missed a TestPunch again didn't I?...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Zyrac

Haru17 wrote:

Not really, it's more a matter of him being a cheese character because the game's auto-locked camera doesn't follow him when he teleports even if you do predict the direction. You're forced to retreat or sit there helpless as he punches or grabs you because — as has been mentioned — he's a cheese character who the game does not allow you to look at while he is free to attack.

@Haru17 This is what angling your punches is for, no?

Zyrac

Twitter:

Haru17

@Zyrac If you have premonition and a character who punches fast and curves dramatically enough to hit a target offscreen to the left or right. Cheese.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Zyrac

@Haru17 Offscreen? He doesn't go that far. And as for "premonition", weren't we already talking about predicting him? That's what you have to do in fighting games.

Zyrac

Twitter:

meleebrawler

Haru17 wrote:

Zyrac wrote:

Not really seeing your point. If you punch at ANYONE in the air and they dash away, your punch will go astray. It's no different for Ninjara. And it's not like he can throw punches while invisible, his air-dashes are really no different from anyone else's despite the visual trickery. He's also just as vulnerable when landing as anyone else.

You don't need to hard-predict where Ninjara will warp to in the air, just know what he plans to do next.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Joeynator3000

Bleh, well I'm having recording issues anyways, would like to try and fix that so I can record some matches. owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Kinoen

After playing all (minus one) testfires, I gotta say the game is fun...but I don't think I'll be picking it up. No hate for the game, it's just I'm not looking for a competitive focused game, already have enough of that with Overwatch. Plus the content that I have seen and or played doesn't warrant a $60 price tag, IMO. Wish the best for it though and hope to see Master Mummy in a Smash Bros game.

Kinoen

Spoony_Tech

For those of you that want to practice.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic