Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,369

Grumblevolcano

I wish the basics session before you go online in the Testpunch for the first time was accessible from the menu at any time after you've played it due to the different control schemes. Sure handheld and pro controller are virtually identical but motion controls are rather different.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JoeDiddley

@Grumblevolcano I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to play today. I also wish you could just replay the basics section with each character again and again and again until the game comes out.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Grumblevolcano

@JoeDiddley Well at least there's 6 Testpunch sessions next weekend at the same times as this weekend.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JoeDiddley

@Grumblevolcano that's true. It's just that they clash with my kids lunch and bath times. Hopefully I can play whilst settling my boy to sleep like I did last night. But 9pm would be more convenient for me than 1 & 7 in the U.K.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

meleebrawler

@FGPackers Well, I find the Blorbs quite decent. Their arc is useful in closer range for avoiding collisions (and for punching over the net in V-Ball) and are fairly straightforward otherwise, providing good mix-up opportunities when they land charged.

All the complaints about free-for-alls, has anybody ever brought them up in games like Smash? No, because nobody plays seriously in that mode, it's not meant to be taken that way and it's the same for ARMs.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

FGPackers

@meleebrawler i like brawls!! By the way i think i did not like Helix's blob weapon because i tend to fight more on distance then close combat, so enemies had time to avoid it. A good combo can be ice dragon to slow enemy, then get close with blinding blob. Strategy level in this game is something i love more every minute!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

I've been thinking about the E3 tournament, I wonder what control scheme people there will be using.

Grumblevolcano

Ralizah

@Nintendoer Yes, but the full game has grand prix, standard 1v1, 1v1v1, volleyball, and basketball in multiplayer and then... what else? That arm collecting minigame, I guess. Also, playing with friends and such.

It'll probably be fine. The lack of single-player content in MK8/MK8D didn't really bother me, and I doubt it'll bother me here, either, so long as the Grand Prix mode is as substantial as it was in MK8. The star of the show was always going to be multiplayer anyway.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@NightMoon And, for me, how much I enjoy a fighting game comes down to the depth of the arcade mode, and Grand Prix is the equivalent of Arcade Mode in this game.

Granted, this game is a good deal more fun than most fighting games just by default.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NightMoon

@Ralizah I think it's more fun in Arms because you don't need to know the combos of the character, what move work on which character, etc. Arms is more simple is easy to get into.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

meleebrawler

@FGPackers Mmm... you just have to mind the enemy getting knocked down if you land the second hit too quickly, thus "wasting" the blind effect. On the flip side waiting would give the enemy a chance to respond, but if they're frozen then they can only really attempt to punch or block to defend themselves.

By the way, I've noticed something about the three main elements (Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch, har har). Shock weapons have the strongest effect, not only reducing mobility like ice but also preventing punches, grabs and blocking (a total sitting duck, basically), but they deal lower damage. Fire effect doesn't allow for any direct followups, but weapons that use it tend to deal higher damage. Ice is the middle-ground.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Maxz

I've got way more into the 1v1v1s since discovering how to switch target. You still get ganging up going on, but sometimes it's weirdly satisfying when two players realise the third has just been hanging back for the entire game, so they both team up to pulverise the cunning coward. 2v2 is interesting. It's satisfying getting a grab on an opponent and throwing them both into the corner. I generally do a lot worse in it though, as my normal playstyle is quite dynamic, and the tethering puts a limit on the amount of jumping around you can do. I wonder if heavier characters have an advantage in this mode. Standard 1v1 is easily my favourite mode, but it's nice to have some variety.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

FGPackers

@meleebrawler i like shock weapons infact i found a really good combo with Spring Man: one arm the fire punch, the other the 3 hit shock (i don't know english names, all but the wind one to be more clear). Charge them and when enemy is defenseless (for example after avoiding a grab), just throw them in fast sequence so you first hit with the shock, so you can stun enemy, and right after it the fire weapon will hit for major damage. I won a match just by playing this combo against a Mechanica. It's perfect against her and Master Mummy (big ones who can resist normal punches)

FGPackers

Qwertyninty

Haven't had chance to try the global Test... so how is it guys. Give me your impressions for visual, gameplay, controlls, and replayability?

Edited on by Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

ThomGee

@Ralizah True, but I feel the p rogression of unlocking ARMS and the drip feeding way of giving content will be enough to keep people's attention. I still am playing MK8D just to unlock karts.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NightMoon

That's the end of the testpunch. I miss it already.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

FGPackers

Finished last weekend session. Unfortunately next weekend i will be able to play only during 1 hour span at best. But i have to say it is not that much needed for me on a buying decision. I'm more than sold!! I'll obviously maintain my pre-order waiting in hype after getting a rough start. I'm loving it more everytime, and it is also good to make some physical activity!! Again Nintendo has delivered!!

FGPackers

KirbyTheVampire

Only got to play the last 20 minutes or so of the last testfire. Did very well with Master Mummy again. He seems to have a pretty big disadvantage against people with dragon arms, though, especially in large arenas like the staircase one. He can't move very fast, so as long as people keep their distance and keep shooting him, he has a pretty difficult time getting close.

Or maybe I'm just a noob, which is probably the case, lol.

KirbyTheVampire

JoyBoy

Love this game. Once it clicks it's super fun! Also I went from meh volleyball to 2vs2 super exciting matches.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic