Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,369

JoyBoy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9ATQFgu9o

2. So she has normal arms now?

3. Why is the announcer also a fanboy?

4. People obsessed with lore in Nintendo games are gonna have a field day with this IP, I feel...

2. It seems she wrapped her arms up and holds it together with this yellow cloth on her wrists. You can still see some "gaps" in her ribbon arms? Either that or this is before IT happened! Whooo!

3. Biff was always a fanboy.

4. Oh yes.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haru17

Ribbon Girl tied — what else? — yellow ribbons around her wrists to have her Nightmare Murder Cords turn into the only thing in this game that can be accurately called 'arms.' I guess it would be too dark if everyone in the world with ARMS was disabled and had to get help performing precise tasks and even taking care of themselves (sans Mechanica and Twintelle of course, which would only hurt their competitors emotionally).

I wonder if condensed ARMS becoming plain ol' arms is canon now.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Stereoman

who else is dissapointed that online seems to be a big part even though is a bad payed service? i know ps4 and xobx eshop cost also but why? I mean steam works costs 0 its digital distribution for games on any computer , tablet or portable. And im sure they make big profits. I mean even servers cost 0 on steamworks.

Sure arms gameplay looks super fun and promising and im sure you will have alot of fun in local coop , couch coop or univerity sessions.
But as of now in 2017 Nintendos new digital platform and service seems rubbish and diminishng.

I mean come on wiiu and 3ds are last gen but got superior digital service and free game servers? Why do companies always go 5 steps back with new generations?

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

kkslider5552000

I don't entirely disagree, tbh. I don't have the expertise of online gaming in general, but considering how many times I hear about massive download times for updates that are REQUIRED to play a huge amount of games bought at a store, I am concerned. That does a lot to convince me the other 2 (especially Playstation) are just refusing to make their online service good enough for what is required. Things should be quicker on new consoles, no matter what.

If a single time it took me 4+ hours of downloading in order to play a 60 dollar game on a console that I bought on disk, literally ever, I would avoid buying almost any game that has similar issues ever again. I would refuse to get most retail PS4 games I want, or at least I would go download only. No wonder people want to give up on retail media if that's what's been going on (and it has!).

I'm not sure how much of an issue that will be on Switch but I feel the complaints on Nintendo have been less disappointing as much as they have been "not as many features as the competition". So if they add those without compromising the better online experiences of the past few years, it'll probably be justifiable. Somewhat. Maybe.

I think regardless though, this means even if I'm interested in online gaming on Switch, I'd probably just pay for a year of online, focus on the online games during that year, and then not pay for it the next year. Unfortunately after that, I would have to focus on paying less money and single player/local multiplayer games. How awful! shrugs forever

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

skywake had a great idea of turning those gold and platinum coins in towards your online sub. Either that, or we can hope the online only games cost less than the regular games. If Splatoon 2 is $40, I could see myself getting a one-year sub (assuming it's around $20). That means I'm paying $60 for Splatoon + a year of online play. Still sucks though and I'm not trying to sugar-coat it when it's free on PC.

Octane

Zyrac

FGPackers wrote:

The characters design, even though is overall very cool to me, does not have to have a precise and defined guideline. And with a game like this it is even a good enough choice. I think instead that made characters so particular and with all this variety, it can be a fantastic way to attach a wide number of people. Like it or not, this can be another really good sell point for this game, surely it is for me. I love the design of the characters and the game itself.

PS: excuse me if i did not explain well

Agreed on this. With a fighting game, it's important to get people attached to the characters and therefore good to have a wide variety of designs so everyone can find a character they like. And of course, it's just fun to have creative and outlandish fighters. I'd never ask for them to be more cohesive.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Haru17

Yeah, discs got weird this gen.

We'll see how robust Nintendo's online offering will be at E3. I've never been bothered by hours-long download times, though it's nice the Switch doesn't have many of them. I don't feel a huge urge to go online in Mario Kart, though ARMS and Monster Hunter seem more focused on that (MH is just as good in singleplayer, but offers a different experience). The presumable $30/year pricetag for online keeps me from being too worried about it because — really — that's not a lot of money if you can afford current gen gaming. PS+ though has been overpriced for probably upwards of a year with how the 'free' games have switched from a library to monthly exclusives and from AAA games to not even the highest profile $15 titles.

But yeah — I'm excited to get into a 3D fighting game like ARMS online. I've never been into competitive nonsense before, but this looks intuitive and well explained like most Nintendo games, so we'll see.

Haru17

Biff continues his rampage through the Helix laboratories: Now only three of the six subjects remain.

Nicolai

@Maxz I like the absurdity very much, too. My biggest concern, however, is that I'll get to the character select screen, and be at a compete loss for who to choose, after a few rounds of Min Min. I'm certainly not jumping to try any of them.

It's a small complaint, really. After all, when I first started playing SSB Brawl, I refused to try anybody but Yoshi, Link, and Pikachu, but now I try to get good at most of the roster of any smash game. The attachment to characters begins after you truly understand the game, when you start getting pummeled by other players, and you see them using moves that you just gotta try out, and when you really get a feel for what your style is.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

meleebrawler

I don't see how a ribbon on a wrist keeps the entire arm from stretching out. I'm pretty sure most of the cast have enough muscle in their arms to keep them compressed for daily activities, otherwise they'd just dangle uselessly everywhere like when they get shocked.

On another note, I like the look of the V-Ball game for it's various nuances and faithfulness to real volleyball (explosives aside). Simple punches are bumps, grabs are sets and a punch after that results in a spike (or even a super-spike if two punches hit simultaneously).

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Maxz

@Nicolaison I'm hoping the fact that they each have different mechanics and potential ARMS combinations will provide some reasons to test out different characters beyond the aesthetic. Ribbon Girl's got jumps, Min-Min's got kicks, Bute has Bark etc. They're perhaps not as pronounced st the character differences in Smash, but it should be enough to provide some impetus for mixing things up. Especially - as you say - if you get beaten up by a particular character using a particular strategy online.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

meleebrawler

You have to admire all the personal little touches given to characters, from their shoes to logos present on their blocks (which can be broken, incidentally) and grabs.

Haru17

It's nice that they use their symbols and all, but I wish the game would just show the character crossing their arms rather than popping up with this giant, obvious glowing junk. The same goes for the ring around juice bottles — it messes with the aesthetic and takes you out of the world. I like the health bar UI element though. It's better than just having a static bar at the top of the screen.

meleebrawler

@Haru17 Stuff like that is kind of important given the perspective. You want to focus your sight on the opponent at all times, and not knowing where the healing/boosting area is would result in needless fumbling. The shield aesthetic, just like in Smash and Pokken provides a clear indicator of how much strength it has remaining, and the green strip present in grabs helps identify them as such instead of two punches in quick succession.

-Green-

He looks so cute in the artwork they do for him.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

So is the event tomorrow?

-Green-

Luckily I'm in vacation with family, so we can probably try these out.

Haru17

@Vee_Flames Damn, someone made that on a timeline So soon after it was announced!

I am feeling the beta thirst, so maybe I'll try it out.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic