Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,090

Frosty_09

@kkslider5552000 Haha, dramatic finger pointing always makes everything better
Untitled

Octane wrote:

ARMS is a great example of AA done well. The game itself is only 720p, but the heavy use of AA makes it look a lot better.

lol Agreed, can't wait for the Fingers DLC where we shout verbal insults and one-liners at each other in a courtroom XD

Edited on by Frosty_09

Frosty_09

Octane

@OorWullie Yeah, it's pretty GPU heavy. Indeed, I think MK8 got away with it because it's hard to notice in motion, that blurs the background anyway. Screenshots don't look nearly as pretty though.

Octane

Frosty_09

Character profile/ bio UPDATED

Spring Man
Affiliation: Spring Gym*
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 168 lbs
Favorite things: Working out, pizza (my record is 12 pies)
Furious fighter with spring-shaped arms!
Acts like a goofball, but he’s no joke in the ring.
His indomitable spirit keeps him in a constantly charged state while he’s in a pinch, as he aims for the reigning champion’s belt!

Ribbon Girl
Affiliation: Ribbon Records*
Height: 5’6”
Weight: As much as my fans love me!
Favorite things: Singing, all of my fans!
A singing and fighting pop-star signed under Ribbon Records*!
Can perform multiple jumps in midair, as if she were dancing through the sky!
Majestically whirls her way through the Grand Prix, since she’s promised her fans a live performance in the finals ring!

Ninjara
Affiliation: Shino Beach Ninja University*
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 150lbs
Favorite things: Being concealed, reading
Calm and collected ninja student, in-training at SBNU!
Uses his secret technique, “Mist-ification”*, to disorient his opponents by disappearing into thin air!
He’ll strike from the shadows as he sneaks his way towards a passing final grade: victory in the ARMS Grand Prix!

Master Mummy
Affiliation: Mummy Hospital*
Height: 7’6”
Weight: 368lbs
Favorite things: My family (they’re missing…)
This bulky bruiser is bound by bandages!
His muscular un-mummy-like physique means he won’t be pushed around by his opponents’ paltry punches!
Nothing is known about him aside from his awakening at the Mummy Hospital, not even his reason for participating in the Grand Prix!

Min Min
Affiliation: Mentenhan Restaurant*
Height: 5’5”
Weight: I’m on a diet…
Favorite Things: My mother’s ramen
Customer magnet for Mentenhan Restaurant*, famous for their delicious ramen!
She’ll noodle through the Grand Prix by knocking away her opponent’s attacks with her harsh kicks and personality!
Will she win the champion’s belt, and send her parents’ restaurant into the spotlight?

Mechanica
Affiliation: Scrap Yard*
Height: 7’8” (5’2” on foot)
Weight: 1202lbs (99lbs on foot)
Favorite Things: ARMS fighters(especially Ribbon Girl!)
Genius workshop technician and ARMS fanatic!
Doesn’t possess the stretchy “ARMS Ability”* herself, so she fights in her self-made powered suit!
She uses her hover ability to soar around the stage of her dreams, the ARMS Grand Prix!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/278062-arms-character-profiles-...
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1360075
http://nintendoeverything.com/arms-updated-character-profiles/

Edited on by Frosty_09

Frosty_09

Octane

I guess that comfirms the theory that Mechanica is the only "human" character and the rest are some kind of android/different species.

Octane

Frosty_09

@Octane Some backstory would be great for detailing these characters and the world of ARMS. Their likes are surprisingly human, I'd like to think they're more biological than robotic.

Edited on by Frosty_09

Frosty_09

Octane

@Frosty_09 Yeah, context. I liked how they handled it in Splatoon. It was mainly an online shooter, but there was plenty of lore, story and context that made it feel more like a "complete" game. I'd like to see that in ARMS as well. Character design is great so far.

Octane

JaxonH

This looks very similar to Overwatch, or at least reminds me of its art style.

But the whole character bios and characters themselves (how they look, being humanoids but some strange) has a heavy F-Zero vibe to it.

I love this game already. Why? Because motion gaming got a bad rap during the Wii era. Thanks to inadequate technology and shoddy implementation, not to mention shoehorning it into every single game whether it improved the experience or not... everyone wrote off motion gaming.

But now, with Splatoon's motion integration. But now, with Zelda BotW motion integration... now we're seeing the true potential for motion to enhance the gaming experience. And Arms is the first game to fully embrace it because it fits perfectly. I want to throw punches and be able to twist in curve my arms in real time with the Joycons, which btw, are small and melt right into your hands so that throwing punches probably won't even feel like you're holding a controller at all. Something like that just wouldn't be possible with the traditional controller which means it wouldn't have been possible on any other system.

I love how there's parrying and status effects and 3D fighting (it's been too long since we've seen a GOOD 3D fighter that's different- Pokken Tournament wasn't it). I have high expectations for Arms

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Zelda Breath of the Wild [Switch] ..... Fast Racing RMX [Switch] ..... Persona 5 [PS4] ..... Mass Effect Andromeda [X1] ..... Metroid Other M [Wii]

Jesus is Lord.

Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

AlliMeadow

AA can be an abbreviation for over 200 things, can you please at least explain what it is in a thread when it is tedious to google?

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

OorWullie

@AlliMeadow It stands for Anti Aliasing.It used to smooth edges and reduce jaggies,flickering.

OorWullie

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

NaviAndMii

@AlliMeadow

Untitled

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

My Games Collection

Switch: SW-0427-7196-3801
MyNintendo: NaviAndMii ➝ Nickname: TomCat★

Twitter:

Ralizah

Wow! Still not sure if I'm a day one, but this youtube video is a way better advertisement for the game than any of Ninty's marketing. Look how fast and intense these matches are!

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794
Currently playing: Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (Vita)

Nintendo Network ID: Michael418

meleebrawler

@Ralizah The more surprising part of that video is that those players happen to be competitive Smashers. And they seemed to control their characters just fine, despite lacking experience with the game and it's controls. Now if they'd just learn to incorporate blocking...

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JoeDiddley

I was already intested in this but hearing it's Kosuke Yabuki'a next project after Mario Kart 8 has certainly piqued my interest.

I'd not be very surprised if this game isn't accessible on the surface but also very deep.
I'm less worried it will be shallow like a lot of people have feared.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
3DS: 5327-0913-7260

Haru17

After playing the Global Testfire, I'm much more interested in playing ARMS than a multiplayer shooter. I definitely prioritize story and survival / action-adventure types of games like Nier, Gravity Rush, Horizon, and everything else on PS4 right now; however the Switch is like having extra time to play around the house and on the bus. To that end the seemingly more network-optional nature of Arms really suits the platform more than something like Splatoon where you have to sit down, be super tuned into the game because it's so fast and that screen is so busy, and also set up the phone app for team chat.

Especially after nothing was said in the direct, I would be really surprised if they announced a whole different singleplayer mode at E3. However, if there's enough stage diversity in the modes and multiplayer, I don't think that will be a problem. Besides perhaps Mario Kart 8, I think this will be the perfect Nintendo game for the platform.

Zelda: Has goat, is GOAT.

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 I think ARMS in Nintendo's E3 will be the launch trailer in the main event and a lot of treehouse live gameplay during the rest of E3.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think ARMS in Nintendo's E3 will be the launch trailer in the main event and a lot of treehouse live gameplay during the rest of E3.

I don't think so because it will launch less than a week after it. I expect a trailer and maybe another video like in the last Direct, possibly explaining game modes. What i expect a lote of gameplay is Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, a possible surprise (Retro?) and most of all Odissey

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

@FGPackers It launching on the same week as E3 is exactly why I think there'll be a lot of treehouse live gameplay. Let's not forget that there's a lot of time available, both E3 2014 and E3 2015 had 3 8 hour streams from Nintendo so if Nintendo goes for that again there's plenty of time for significant ARMS gameplay.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic