Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,369

Ralizah

Wow! Still not sure if I'm a day one, but this youtube video is a way better advertisement for the game than any of Ninty's marketing. Look how fast and intense these matches are!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

meleebrawler

@Ralizah The more surprising part of that video is that those players happen to be competitive Smashers. And they seemed to control their characters just fine, despite lacking experience with the game and it's controls. Now if they'd just learn to incorporate blocking...

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JoeDiddley

I was already intested in this but hearing it's Kosuke Yabuki'a next project after Mario Kart 8 has certainly piqued my interest.

I'd not be very surprised if this game isn't accessible on the surface but also very deep.
I'm less worried it will be shallow like a lot of people have feared.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Haru17

After playing the Global Testfire, I'm much more interested in playing ARMS than a multiplayer shooter. I definitely prioritize story and survival / action-adventure types of games like Nier, Gravity Rush, Horizon, and everything else on PS4 right now; however the Switch is like having extra time to play around the house and on the bus. To that end the seemingly more network-optional nature of Arms really suits the platform more than something like Splatoon where you have to sit down, be super tuned into the game because it's so fast and that screen is so busy, and also set up the phone app for team chat.

Especially after nothing was said in the direct, I would be really surprised if they announced a whole different singleplayer mode at E3. However, if there's enough stage diversity in the modes and multiplayer, I don't think that will be a problem. Besides perhaps Mario Kart 8, I think this will be the perfect Nintendo game for the platform.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 I think ARMS in Nintendo's E3 will be the launch trailer in the main event and a lot of treehouse live gameplay during the rest of E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think ARMS in Nintendo's E3 will be the launch trailer in the main event and a lot of treehouse live gameplay during the rest of E3.

I don't think so because it will launch less than a week after it. I expect a trailer and maybe another video like in the last Direct, possibly explaining game modes. What i expect a lote of gameplay is Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, a possible surprise (Retro?) and most of all Odissey

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

@FGPackers It launching on the same week as E3 is exactly why I think there'll be a lot of treehouse live gameplay. Let's not forget that there's a lot of time available, both E3 2014 and E3 2015 had 3 8 hour streams from Nintendo so if Nintendo goes for that again there's plenty of time for significant ARMS gameplay.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

A new weapon-arm attachment thingy has been shown as well as alternative colours for the fighters has been unveiled.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FGPackers

Interesting, kind of. This can be a way to expend in-game currency. Can't wait to discover more!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

@Pigeon 2v2 was confirmed in the Direct.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano @FGPackers I think if Nintendo really wants to sell this game, they are going to need much more than more gameplay footage. A proper demo would go a long way, though I am not sure Nintendo will go down this route. I think this will be more of a niche market in terms of sales unless they can really turn people's general views on the game around.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Pigeon

@Grumblevolcano OK, thanks. Sorry, I don't bother watching those. Would be nice if they showed some footage of this mode.

Pigeon

Haru17

@jump That is one dark, saturated piece of The Wind Waker concept art.

I wonder how often the 4 person mode just devolves into a group hug.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

@Dev
Really? That's great news! If they get the roster up to 12, 15 fighters that would definitely be acceptable. Anything more would be exceptional.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

@Dev Superb news. I thought we might get 12 to 16 characters but he makes it sounds like there'll be even more than that. I think they'll take the Splatoon approach with it, announcing new fighter's, stages, modes etc every few days in the weeks before release. Worked great for Splatoon and helped build hype for a new IP. A demo would be ideal.

I'm so hyped for this game,possibly even more so than Mario. I know Mario will be phenomenal, that is guaranteed. But this is is something completely unique. I love motion controls when done right, they can add a whole other level of immersion to the right game. Grandslam Tennis and Tiger Woods 09/10 have to be my favourite use of them so far. Those games had my blood pumping when I played them like no other,especially when playing online. What better game for advanced motion controls than long arm boxing though, it's perfect. Those graphics too. My only concern is online.As long as it's as good as MK8 I'm fine. Smash gave me some problems though. 1v1 was fine 80% of the time but any more than that was a lottery. Splatoon had its issues too.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

yokokazuo
DNA Man has been announced! Err... I guess Helix is in English
He seems... rather interesting.
Looks like he can change the form of his body too, from being really tall and thin to squishing down to the ground.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic