Forums

Topic: Arena of Valor for Nintendo Switch

Posts 101 to 112 of 112

Tasuki

@Azooooz ok thanks. Its seems.everyone likes to use him I guess he's the OP character for so many people using him but it's just annoying when 4 out of 5 matches I am facing him so annoying. I wish they told you want character your opponent was using or at least let you swap characters in the match like Overwatch does. The moment I see that I am facing that cheap cowboy I just pretty much expect to lose to him.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Diakuuji

Currently playing Arena of Valor, add me and join my Guild. SW-6276-4930-6217 Guild: DarksidE

Diakuuji

bluemage1989

Does this have an offline bot mode for practise??

Edited on by bluemage1989

bluemage1989

Tasuki

Just a heads up. Check your in game mailbox. Tencent is giving 200 gems (still haven't figured out what the gems do) to everyone for server problems the past few days.

My Backlog

Kinoen

@Tasuki
Right? Though I think he's just a pub/noob stomper, but as a noob, he's been very dominate.

Kinoen

Tasuki

Played several games today of 5v5 battles using Mgadala I think his name was. Had alot of fun playing him though he needs to be paired with someone if he goes at alone I usually die with him. Overall won most of my games. The game I lost lasted for almost an hour but I believe it was a bunch of new players playing. It was odd but most of the players just hung back in their spawn points and never really made a push towards the other teams core. When they I thought they would they would take out a tower and turn back. Then when we lost my team just refused to push and just hung out near our core letting the enemy come to us. Several times I tried to make a push towards their core but couldn't do it by myself. Such a fusterating lost. Especially when it's because people don't want to play the game right.

My Backlog

SonOfVon

if you're looking to play with someone and you're over 18, why not join the adult switch gamers discord? there's several people already playing the game and we're always looking for more. majority if not all the people on the discord are from this forum and frequent this site. links are in my sig, if you have any questions let me know

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

SViper

Does Custom Match vs 5v5 with AI gives exp and Practices gives exp?

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Nathanael

Here are some tips.

1) Hide behind your defence tower if you are outnumbered.
2) Early jungling will most likely cost your team the game.
3) Know your role if you are a tank like Astrid once you join the action don't flee; if you are harass like Kahlii don't try and tank anything, and just keep annoying your opponent with your spells or from behind a tank.
4) Some Classes are assist classes like Astrid and Kahlii but these assists can win your team the game as it is a team sport.
5) Pay attention to your team to see if anyone is outnumbered and try to coordinate someone to make up the numbers.
6) Killing defence towers gives the most experience to your team, its some times worth sacrificing yourself if you can take down a tower.
7) Be opportunistic and don't mess about, if you can destroy their base do so rather than destroying other towers.

Nathanael

Tasuki

Great tips!!

I need to get back into this game but have been so occupied with other games. I will be going out of town here in a few weeks for work so I will probably get back into it then since I will be taking my Switch.

My Backlog

ThatNyteDaez

Been playing this game since day one and I'll admit I'm actually addicted. Its gotten to a point where I can't go more than 2-3 days without playing it. That said, the game is broken in many, many ways. Not just bugs (though that is the main issue with the game) but the characters are broken in one way or another. Marksmen being able to out-range towers or take them down quickly, mages with absurd range or gimmicks, tank heroes who can't be taken down 1 vs 1 unless you're geared specifically for them and stupid heroes like Wu Kong who basically gets to stay invisible for the entire game if played well.

That said, I love this game so much. It has its issues, but its still bloody fun. If the devs actually took the time to balance it and fix the bugs, the game would be vastly more popular. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will be the case.

I am happy with the controls and gameplay in general - very addicting. I'd recommend anyone looking for a free game to play give it a shot. Just don't expect to be in for the long haul if you don't find yourself enjoying the matches.

Some things I've learned are that Marksmen are broken in damage when they get a certain item. I won't say which one since I don't need more competition (xD) but I'll say they deal the most damage of any class. Tank classes are the literal shields made to be able to take all hits and still live through it. If you're a tank, make sure you're the one ENGAGING. The rest of the team is waiting for YOU to attack first, take all the attacks and possibly catch the squishy heroes in place so they can swoop in safely. Mages have the best range - so use it. Spam those abilities as much as possible. You aren't doing your team any favours by not using them. Assassins - you need to be roaming and killing the enemy team wherever possible. An assassin that isn't jumping lone enemies and killing them off is going to fall off quickly. If the enemy team outnumber you - wait until you have a teammate who can engage first. And Warriors - it goes without saying that they have some of the best mobility and second-best defences of any class. If you get a 1 vs 1 duel going, its usually going to be in your favour. Consider starting fights and chipping away at enemy health until the tank/assassin/mage shows up.

There's so much more advice I could offer but at this point its turning into an essay. Just learn your roles, keep your eyes on every fight if you can and keep what you did/didn't do well in a match in mind.

And for the love of god, don't be toxic - use that energy to play better.

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

DannyBoi

I am just getting into this game. Does it have a story and how long is it?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.