Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,493

AgentLA

@RetroGamerAndrew

That sucks. Ive only experienced the left joy con bluetooth issue. The only joysticks ive ever had that problem with are PS3 joysticks, but after a few years of use. I ended up buying new ones.

Good luck fixing it.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

Well played everyone. My personal top score for BLAZING STAR this week was 1, 067, 200. Placing me right behind @Agent721 on the Global Leaderboard at 38th.

I recognise some names above us such as [SNK*ROCK] - mate if you are playing along with these challenges please let us know. I've noticed your name on several of the chosen games and you've added some of us to your friends list, presumably from this site?

@MasterLeon and @wasilewski aka 'Heavy Metal' right up top.

So @wasilewski as our winner this week. What game is it to be next?

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

Put your controllers down folks, the weekly challenge has now ended.

I frustratingly could not better the score I set on the 2nd day. It wasn't for lack of trying but I just couldn't put all my good sections together into 1 run. Stupidly I didn't watch that high score video until half an hour ago. I learned a lot from that but felt the pressure of the clock as I tried to pull it off.

Anyway, big congratulations to @wasilewski , you set the benchmark that none of us could get close to except for that stellar effort by @masterLEON

I'll make up the leaderboard ASAP. I noticed @Snaplocket on the leaderboard. Were you taking part or was that a previously made score? Would be great to have you on board.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

GrailUK

@wasilewski Congratulations mate. Amazing score on an awesome shmup

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

wasilewski

Thanks @GrailUK mate. I hope to get number 1 one day!

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

OorWullie

@wasilewski Nice one, the original is my favourite. Glad I don't have to spend cash on buying NAM 1975 just yet, already spent too much this week haha.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@wasilewski METAL SLUG it is! I'll pick it up for Switch at some point over the weekend and have a crack at it next week. Only ever played a bit of number 1 here and there. Wii Metal Slug Collection and MAME/FinalBurnAlpha emulation.

Although actually, this is one I have played on authentic MVS hardware. Anyone living in the U.K. They actually have a two-slot MVS arcade cabinet at the National Videogame Museum in Nottingham. When I went last year, they had METAL SLUG and PUZZLE BOBBLE aka BUST-A-MOVE in it. Needless to say, I spent much of my visit on that machine and playing FATAL FURY on the AES they had set-up right next to it.

Edited on by Lroy

wasilewski

@OorWullie I find Nam 1975 incredibly difficult. It's a lot of fun though, but very hard. I have to bump the difficulty down to around 2 to get through it.

@Lroy Metal Slug is great, one of my favourite platform shmups, you will hopefully enjoy it once you get really into it.

wasilewski

masterLEON

@wasilewski Congrats, man! That makes 2 people I couldn't beat this week, the other being myself, lol! (I posted that score later in the night after Mutation Nation ended!)

Metal Slug it is, then! I'll buy it after I go grab some dinner (rather, breakfast for me). Time to look for all those hidden prisoners again!

Great job to everyone! Especially those picking up Blazing Star for the first time, as it can be pretty grueling if you're just starting out.

Here's my run of the week (yeah, I know I missed the Lucky Panel ):

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

wasilewski

@masterLEON impressive run! On BS I judge how good a run is by how high the score is by the end of the first level. Anything over 600000 is good.

wasilewski

Jbs-Dad

Well done everyone ,I'm just glad I'm on the leader board. I've been hammering rocket league last two days

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

DashKappei

Well I didn’t want to miss completely this challenge so I had ten or so tries before midnight. Man! I didn’t know Blazing Star was so deep and awesome! Well to be fair even Pulstar was a revelation to me and this one’s I’ve always liked more, but now I’m sad I didn’t get to participate during the week! You guys’ scores are insane, dropped my jaw at @wasilewski score! Grats mate and @masterLeon too! Just for the records, my obviously laughable score was
738830 you can find me atm at spot #100 of the Caravan leaderboard @OorWullie
I wasn’t sure I wanted to post it but you know what? I love the badge of honor you get in participating in as many of these challenges

Edit:
Metal Slug is a great pick, and good that you picked the best one (sorry MS3 fans, it’s good but <MS1). I mean, MS2 would be my favourite of the octalogy but performance is too bad and I don’t like the β€œfixed” MSX as much as 2.

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

OorWullie

@Snaplocket I added your score as I thought you might have been taking part. I recognised your name when I was going through the leaderboard. Sorry to ask but could you please delete your comment from the leaderboard thread. Just that thread is only for leaderboards and we keep comments here. Cheers

@DashKappei Glad you managed to squeeze in a few shots before the end. I added you to the leaderboard. The winner this week 'Heavy Metal' is actually @wasilewski. @Qualitybeats wasn't able to take part but he'll hopefully be back with his superb scoring for the weekly challenge

SW-6101-8403-1640

CW13

Well played all! (I need to learn how to put the picture of my score on here). Great challenges, love this idea. I've been adding people, fun comparing scores on other games too. You all are top notch!!!

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

Lroy

@wasilewski Sure will, METAL SLUG X and 3 are incredible games. So expecting more of the same from the first entry in the series.

monkeyspasm

My first challenge and I finished well down the order, but hugely enjoyed it!

Well done @wasilewski and to all who took part.

I love Metal Slug, buying it now, I've only had the Switch a few weeks and have bought tons already (including Star Force and Super Mario Bros last night)!

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

RetroGamerAndrew

Well I'm glad to say that the joycon problem seems to be resolved. Don't know what was causing it, I tried blowing while moving it, even using compressed air but nothing seemed to work. Then I put the stick under stress by moving it in circles multiple times, pressing/depressing it and after a good while it came back to full working condition!

It was a weird problem on the Y axis, when I pulled the stick up or down it took about half-second to come back in central position... I mean, the PHYSICAL stick was coming back just right but the inner sensor (or whatever it's inside the joycon...) wasn't reacting properly. Of course this meant the stick recorded the motion multiple times even after release.
TLDR: all's well that ends well. Phew

Sorry for panicking but the eventuality to spend another 50euro for a joycon and/or not being able to play 90% of my library while waiting for it to be repaired wasn't thrilling.

Back on topic, huge grats to @wasilewski and @masterLEON for taking the top places and to everybody else for keeping up the competition! I'm definitely participating in the next one, I'll download Metal Slug right now (excellent choice btw).

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@Snaplocket If you're game, put your Switch friend code in your forum sig and we can add you. Nice to have the crew here on each other's systems and know what names to look out for on the leaderboards πŸ‘

Lroy

Great to see so many new faces joining this arcade high-score community!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic