Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 3,493

AgentLA

@Lroy

Nice suggestion, I will check that out!

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@oorwullie @agent721 @meppi64 @retrogamerandrew See you online for MK8 DELUXE. I'll be on around 8pm UK time.

Of course, anyone else reading this is welcome too. Just give me a holler in here.

@oorwullie Would you do the honours in terms of whatever set-up is necessary to get us all able to join each other. Is it a tournament or a room or something. Do we need a code?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

Another day, another shoot-em-up announced for Switch. Super Hydorah is on the way and it looks like another good one.

Love the look of SUPER HYDORAH. Vintage Konami shooters vibes.

Wow, it really does feel as though we are living through a true renaissance of the Shmup genre on Switch. Take a moment to enjoy it chaps, will soon be easy to take it for granted.

Now I'll cross my fingers and toes for a similar revival of other genres such as side scrolling beat 'em ups.

We have had some great examples of the form on the Switch already (DOUBLE DRAGON, WULVERBLADE, MUTATION NATION) with more on the horizon (SENGOKU 3, that GBA beat 'em up coming this month?)

What other popular arcade genres are you hoping return in a big way? Puzzle games and single screen platformers would be ace.

meppi64

OorWullie wrote:

Another day, another shoot-em-up announced for Switch. Super Hydorah is on the way and it looks like another good one.

This is becoming madness and I love it.
Seems like every single day there's an announcement for a game that I'm really looking forward to.
Just ordered Super Hydorah on PS4 from Limitedrungames, even though I knew that I should hold of for a possible Switch version.
Oh well, I'll pick this one up without a second thought. I vastly prefer playing on my Switch anyway.

@Lroy It's a bit early to give a serious recommendation right now, as I have to dig in a bit deeper into both magazines to give it an honest review.
But the first thoughts that come to mind is that Nintendo Force does feel like an actual classic magazine, both from the presentation and layout as well as the several sections it covers. Quite diverse and even has a retro section it seems. Then again, it's been going for 5 years now, so it shouldn't be surprising they have it down to a science by now.
Switch Player seems to be a bit more uniform in it's approach, more template based.
It's not a bad thing or anything, as content will always be much more important than presentation, but lots of plain white pages with black text and only a tiny bit of colour starts to grind after a while.
I can see some real future potential in that regard, and looking at the last 2 issues, it certainly is evolving and looking much better. But again, for it's first year on the market, there's nothing to really complain about, I'm just a very visual kinda person and I think that working on some of the best magazines of the 80 and 90s over the past 15 years now has made me a bit oversensitive in this regard.
Overall my first impression is that I really love the attention they give to eshop games. Two page spreads aren't uncommon, even for very niche games like Gunbarich, which they sadly didn't seem to like as much as I do.
I'm glad I bought the complete set of both magazines, and I'll continue to support both their patrions for sure. Already put a couple of issues on my iPad.

Just played a couple of games of Danmaku Unlimited as well and yep, this really is a terrific game.
First impression was that it's not quite up thee with the Cave games, but then again, what really is?
But playing it a bit more and getting used to the systems, the game starts to shine.
Normal mode is a bit on the easy side, but that's fine. Hard mode is proper fun and True Mode is complete madness, just as it should be.
No doubt about it, it gets a shining recommendation from me.

Now if only Cave could be convinced to get on board and let M2 port all those 360 games over to Switch.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

@Lroy We've got a new beat em up called Raging Justice coming in the 2nd quarter from Team 17 . I think it looks great and there seems to be quite a lot of variety to the moves and weapons. The graphics are great too but the animation is a little strange.

I'm just waiting for my dinner to be ready. Once I've had that a coffee and a smoke, I'm good to go. It's been a while since I played MK with friends but I'm sure it's pretty simple to join up with them. I think one person hosts and everybody else just joins through the lobby. I'll leave a comment on here when I'm ready, if not by 8pm then not long after.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

I'm online now, once I see you folks pop up on my Switch, I'll stick MARIO KART 8 DELUXE on.

AgentLA

I’m walking home for lunch and will boot up shortly.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

Hmm... looks like I'm buying DANMAKU 3 UNLIMITED while I wait ☺️

Edited on by Lroy

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy that's a good way to kill some time!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@Agent721 I've created a room. See if you can join me. Go to online and then friends and rivals.

EDIT: I see you!

Not sure I've set this up right. But will do for now.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@Lroy

Nice racing man...we tied. LoL!

Lroy

Any requests of what races or battles you wanna do? I'm not used to being the host, lol!

Lroy

Come join us @meppi64

meppi64

Anyone up for some salmon run?

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

AgentLA

That was a lot of fun guys! I wish I could keep going, but work calls. You guys enjoy the rest of the evening!

Lroy

Need to charge my Pro Controller and gonna put the kettle on. Let me know if you want to play anything else tonight.

Lroy

meppi64 wrote:

Anyone up for some salmon run?

Yeah. Give me 5 mins πŸ‘

AgentLA

@Lroy

You did well setting up the races. Perfect mix!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic