Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 3,493

Lroy

@meppi64 Okay. Trying to join you. Says 'Standing By' waiting for a slot to open up. I'll warn you now, like most games, I've no clue what gear or weapons are best. I just play for fun, ha! ha!

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

meppi64

@Lroy that makes two of us then! Lol

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 I'm in - shudders at high rank of all other players - and somehow we won despite our team having you and me on it, lol! πŸ‘

Lroy

@meppi64 Gonna likely duck out after the next Turf War. Get a drink, take a loo break ☺️

Cheers for wiping the floor with me in most of the matches, ha! ha! Got to level up once though πŸ‘Œ

Definitely up for playing together another evening.

[UPDATE] @oorwullie has joined! The bladder can last a few more Turf Wars, lol!

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

Last match.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

@meppi64 @Lroy That's the last game for me,got something I need to do. Really enjoyed that. If we can get 1 more player perhaps we could do some Tower Control or Rainmaker one evening. Splat Zones can be alright sometimes but it's my weakest mode by far. The new mode I've only played once and didn't have a clue what was going on.

Salmon Run will be good though.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

meppi64

Lroy wrote:

@meppi64 I'm in - shudders at high rank of all other players - and somehow we won despite our team having you and me on it, lol! πŸ‘

Well if that isn't a vote of confidence, I don't know what is! ;P

That was the most fun I've had in an online game since last summer when I played a bunch of Arms and Spatoon as well.

@OorWullie You're really good, going up against you was very tough, especially one on one.
Felt like you always got the drop on me no matter what position I was in. lol

I gotta stop as I'm getting a pretty bad headache. Happens when I play online for a couple hours in games where I give it my all and get very concentrated. Ah, the joys of old age.
It's pretty late as it is, so I think I'll go to bed and play a bit of Picross on 3DS or some pinball to calm down a bit before going to sleep.

@Shiryu That's quite the run! It'll be a while before I get anywhere near that good on this game.
You really had no hope of surviving against that mothership with so little health.
Also lol at the codename for the mothership "sh..... pixel art". hehe

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

AgentLA

@wasilewski

I’m really digging blazing Star. Love it! Im at about 600,000 or so. I will put in more time this week.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@OorWullie @meppi64 Great fun. Hadn't played in months, so really enjoyed that.

AgentLA

I see you guys are doing some multiplayer stuff...I have Mariokart and ARMS, so if anyone wants to do some gaming, send me an invite. Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

@Agent721 Sounds good to me. Maybe we can do some 4 player Mario Kart tomorrow evening or whenever is suitable.

I'm in for MK8 DELUXE tomorrow evening. I'll be online from about 8pm UK time.

OorWullie

@Shiryu Superb run, watched all of that. The furthest I've made it to is the 4th boss, the carrier. Never made it past the 3rd one since then or even come close to matching my high score. Had a wee chuckle when the last boss appeared,that thing was massive.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Shiryu

@OorWullie I got mostly lucky in the weapon drops. This game is brutal!

Edited on by Shiryu

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

Lroy

Yes! Thought I'd close out the night with a run on BLAZING STAR. Just beat my previous score. Now into the Top 100 at 92nd on the Global Leaderboards with a score of 779, 280. Still loads of room for improvement but happy to place on the boards now.

AgentLA

@OorWullie @Lroy

Cool...I’m in LA but I can participate during my lunch break. We’re 7 hours apart so I’ll go to lunch at 1pm and look for you guys. I can game for about 2 hours or so.

Lroy

@Agent721 Perfect! @oorwullie and whoever else is joining in. What we gonna do? Some racing and some battle mode. Is that easy to set-up? Again, not been online with buddies in MK8 Deluxe for a while.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@Lroy

I’ve only played the multiplayer online races, but I can do battles as well. I’m not sure how you set it up with friends, but I assume it’s easy to do. Probably a code share or something similar?

RetroGamerAndrew

@Shiryu wow that's some serious score, I'll have to catch you up!
BTW, did you/anybody notice any crash playing Steredenn? I've experienced a few ones (3/4) in the last couple of days... well it could be my luck as always

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

meppi64 wrote:

I was just going through Rami's Twitter posts to see if there was any mention of Switch support yet and...

OMG OMG OMG!

@meppi64 still a little dubious about a switch port of NT, but it would be RAD (bad pun intended )
But just look at the plethora of cool GM games that could be ported... man, it's amazing...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic