Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 3,493

Tatanak

@GFoyle Yes, I got to Mexico. I played with Hien FS-X plane, it was great in bonus stages.
@Moroboshi876 Great progress!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0707-1268-9888
Twitter: Tatanak

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 Nice one buddy!

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Moroboshi876

I see someone added me to the leaderboard (thanks), although I just said 59th. But the score is correct, my username is Toni (here it's a male name despite the i) and my initials are TRR.

Untitled

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Tatanak

I finally beat Metal Slug.
Untitled
Untitled

Moroboshi876

@tatanak You guys are a bunch of gods of arcade games... Kudos

Corneel

Well done on completing Metal Slug @Tatanak First one to beat it during the challenge. And not even using all 5 continues in the process. Excellent! Are you joining the Pac-man or Gunbird challenge also? @Zkibu could use some competition with the Pac-Man challenge.

@Moroboshi876 That was me who added you. I'm stalking the Aero Fighters 2 leaderboard every now and then to see if anybody made any progress. Cindy & Ellen is definitely the way to go. It got me a score of 450700 without much effort. Need to do a couple of runs to improve on that score. Goal is to make it to the second bonus stage.

Also, just one more week to go for the current challenges! Be sure to check out how you are doing in the challenge leaderboard and highscore leaderboards.

Edited on by Corneel

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

Tatanak

@Corneel Thanks. I've always liked the Metal Slug but only for this challenge I began to play it more intensively. I learned a few tricks from youtube videos and I'm able to complete mission 1 - 4 without loosing a single life. Mission 5 is ok too, but the final mission is a hell, I hate especially the bridge part.
I dont have other games and I dont like Pac-man too much. I think I´m done with this challenge. Thank you for organising this challenge and I´m looking forward to the next week.

Edited on by Tatanak

GFoyle

Nice one @Tatanak. That's not that far from 1cc.

I'v have had some break with the challenges for few days, but I'll do some during the last week. Not sure I'll play Metal Slug as I planned, depends how I do with the AF2 and Gunbird in the next sessions.

Yeah, Zkibu should get some competition for Pacman. There was clear initial interest when the challenge started, but maybe Zkibu's score killed the fighting sprit of others !

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Moroboshi876

Yesterday I got hooked on Puzzle Bobble 2, sorry, but after a few tries in Aero Fighters 2 I couldn't improve my score. I'll keep trying, though.

The thing is some parts I do better, I even finished the first stage above 100,000 mark, but then I lose stupid lives, which prevents me from getting higher. Or I get to Paris and that stage is more difficult than others, isn't it?

I also think I won't have the time to try Metal Slug. But I want to play this game that I bought quite some time ago on Switch, just haven't tried it. Whenever I played it on modern cabinets I saw I'm not very good, but I like it.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Lroy

@corneel I have posted photo evidence of my (generally poor) scores in all four games in this challenge, over on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord thread for these challenges. Is that okay? More fiddly getting images posted here.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

AgentLA

Here are my current scores:

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Corneel

Looking good! Competition is heating up! @RetroGamerAndrew has taken the lead in the overall challenge and we have had some shifts on the Aero Fighters 2 leaderboardas well. There are also some new entries on the Pac-man leaderboard. Still some points up for grabs in the Pac-man challenge though.

@Agent721 I love that you are playing on a mini Pac-man arcade cabinet. Very tempted to get one myself.

Edited on by Corneel

Moroboshi876

@Corneel Sorry about the off-topic, but I'd like to get one in Europe and pay the minimum shipping, aside from not having to worry about customs. Fangamer is the manufacturer, right? Can it be obtained anywhere else?

Corneel

@Moroboshi876 The off-topic no problem at all. I don't think Fangamer is the manufacturer, because it was a kickstarter-like project developed by someone else. Fangamer is the official seller for the product though.

Shipping to Europe is around $5 and below €22 there is no customs (edit: at least in the Netherlands that is), so you are fine ordering from there.

Edited on by Corneel

Moroboshi876

@Corneel Ouch. 22 euros is far more than 12 dollars suggests. Thanks for the info though. Well, it seems like Fangamer, whatever they are, is the only place to buy it.

AgentLA

@Moroboshi876

I got mine via the original Kickstarter campaign. I paid around $12, it was a no brainer at that price. You can also check eBay as some sellers have it there too. Just search flip grip switch. I’d highly recommend it, it’s great for shooters, old arcade games and the SNK Collection.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic