Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 2,925

wasilewski

I bet Billy Mitchell wouldn't be able to beat @GrailUK's score on Donkey Kong.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

CroRock

Almost 1 million on GUNBIRD2 easiest difficulty.. on normal I can barely pass 200 000. To many bullets and cheap shot bosses. It’s much easier to play on iPhone. I wish Zerodiv could implement one hidden Switch feature nobody knows about - TOUCHSCREEN! But I guess it’s out of Zerodiv capability. I mean.. they didn’t even bother to make separate leaderboards for different difficulties. Not to mention going online with them.. but thats SI-FI in 2018 tho

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

meppi64

@wasilewski well yeah, the Switch is hacked after all... so he probably would.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

meppi64 wrote:

@wasilewski well yeah, the Switch is hacked after all... so he probably would.

😂

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀|
Retro Gamer

GrailUK

@meppi64 Haha

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GFoyle

My score in inversus castle level is 90 771 currently. Fun game.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

Hope folks don't mind? But would like to extend an invitation.

A fair few of us now have joined up to the NL Adult Switch Gamers Discord - set-up by @knownaslethal and overseen by @naviandmii , primarily as a means to organise and enable text and voice chat for our regular Game Nights.

However, it has also quickly become a great place to instant message and generally shoot the breeze about gaming, the World Cup and other stuff.

I had my reservations, thinking I can't really be bothered to figure out how to use another app/Forum/web thingy but I'm totally won over. It's like having a little off-shoot of NL but where each one of the members is a mate you actually participate in gaming sessions and chats with.

We'd love to see as many of you fellas over there as possible and be amazing if @Oorwullie could head-up an Arcade High-Score challenge thread on there.

Anyway, I'll leave the invite link here in case anyone wants to join us: https://discord.gg/ufMFfdr

Any issues signing up, tag in @NaviandMii as he's a whizz with Discord

Retro Gamer

riccyjay

@Steveovig I don't remember exactly who it was, but someone on here suggested this to me: use different profiles for 'practice' runs / 'real' runs. I have a couple of different profiles already to use for the different eshops so I keep one just for high score runs. Not as good as having them in game, but at least it's a workable solution.

SW-0900-9557-0996

GFoyle

It's bee a bit quiet on the challenge front it seems. I guess some fatigue is kicking in as participation has been a bit quiet lately (Ikaruga being popular and know got people playing initially at least, but even that was quite quiet at the end of the extended period). Inversus got hardly anybody participating.

Maybe it's too many games coming out lately, word cup and summer period too. Maybe it would be better to have some summer break from these challenges?

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

meppi64

@GFoyle
Might be because Inversus isn't really an arcade game perhaps.
I haven't picked it up myself as it looks like it's the most fun in multiplayer and since I have no one here to play with, I tend to go for other games.
As I saw a post about Gunbird 2, I mistakenly thought that this was the challenge for the week, so I started playing a bit yesterday. Very rusty at it as it's been since the Dreamcast days that I played it.
Only to find out the challenge was Inversus.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

hybridseed

@GFoyle Pretty sure you won the Inversus challenge? Well played! @meppi64 Its a great little game and I'd love some friendly games with you or anyone else here☺

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Zkibu

So what's the next game for the challenge?

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

CroRock

One ☝️ for GUNBIRD2.

I suggest 3 lives no continue on easiest difficulty since leaderboards are still broken and game on normal is quite challenging.

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

hybridseed

Shame the game didn't attract more interest within the group, I think most of us, myself included prefer our shmups more old school style, there are some great modern shmups out there and Inversus is definitely one of them.

hybridseed

@CroRock Don't think the first Gunbird has been done yet? The choice is GFoyle's but I think it's a bit soon for Gunbird 2 as probably only a few of us have bought it, I won't be able to buy it until Friday at the earliest as I spent the last of my money in the eShop today!

Also, I'd love to play with the settings you suggested but most of the players in here are die hard shmup junkies, normal difficulty, 3 lives and 1 credit is the standard..

I personally prefer a couple of credits but go with the majority in the challenge, then have more fun with the games afterwards ☺

CroRock

@hybridseed
Actually, I edited my post to 3 lives, no continue because I’m pretty sure I “mastered” Gunbird 2 on iPhone and finding myself struggling to complete it on Switch without using continue.
Also.. that way we could tell if someone cheated for competition (high unlikely but anyway) because last number on score.

Anyway, It’s just suggestion, I can wait for couple of weeks but it would be shame if we never do it. Great game it is! Didn’t get first one tbh because I already spent too much this month and was waiting for second.
Too much shmups on Switch.. I’m addicted and my social life is suffering 😩

Edit 2: or maybe even better... 3 lives no continue on ANY difficulty because with some characters you can bomb and get extra points if more bullets are on screen (which appears in higher difficulties ofc). So it would be high risk/better score for hard core players and at the same time more accessible for wider audience 😉

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

wasilewski

I saw @OorWullie was playing Strikers 1945 II tonight and I remembered watching this video from Stunfest 2108, so i thought I would share here. This guy is amazing.

wasilewski

Lroy

@wasilewski That video was great. That fella is incredible at STRIKERS!

Retro Gamer

wasilewski

@Lroy Yeah man, he has it down to a fine art.

wasilewski

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic