Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 3,493

Lroy

@mauhlin12 @retrogamerandrew Someone on my friend's list has already played Ys on Switch for about 20hrs. I hadn't even realised it launched yet?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

@Lroy I think I know the guy you mean,he's on my friendslist too.He has his own blog and reviews games ,so gets games to review before they're released. Spotted a few on his activity log

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie Ah I see. Cool. Yeah. He is a guy on these forums. @GodLike (?) maybe?

Edited on by Lroy

OorWullie

@hybridseed Yep,I play it in TATE mode on my TV and it's marvelous.

Here's that video I'm on about. After playing the game for the last 2 weeks ,the skill on show here is even more impressive than the last time I watched it. He doesn't break his combo with either ship.

SW-6101-8403-1640

mauhlin12

@OorWullie @Lroy RE: Ys VIII that makes sense that reviewers would already have a copy. It releases on June 26 in N. America and it's getting a physical release so it probably went gold a week or 2 ago. It's a long game too- 55 hours for me but probably still 35-40 hours to mainline it without touching any side quests or additional content. The only way I see this game not getting a 10/10 on N Life would be if there are technical issues with the game, which is possible given that the Steam version was pretty broken upon release. I had no technical issues with it on PS4 though. Or maybe it's possible that whoever reviews the game didn't like it as much as me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In this case mine is the correct one. Just wait until you see how fast your characters can roll. It might secretly be the best 3D Sonic game ever.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

@OorWullie You've got your TV rotated for TATE mode, tres cool 😎

wasilewski

I was watching some of the Ikaruga replays and they are very impressive, but I just can't get the chaining system under my fingers. I know it's destroy 3 enemies of the same colour, but that is really hard to do sometimes and dodge bullets. It takes a lot of brain power, it almost becomes a puzzle game.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

masterLEON

@meppi64 Now THAT is a 360 shmup collection! Mine's meager in comparison, though (I only have a US 360):
Untitled

I also had Mushihimesama Futari since early 2010. That was my first 360 import, and my almost $100 loss due to stupidity on my part. I remember when I moved back to New York City in the summer of '09. I had my computer set up, but I didn't unpack my 360 until I bought Futari in January. I was so excited, I hastily set up the 360 on the floor, standing up (you can see where I'm going with this). I must have played for like 20-30 minutes when I got up to take a break...and knocked the 360 over! I can't remember the exact noise it made, but it sounded like my heart being torn to shreds, LOL! The thick ring of white scratches on the disc looked like one of the rings of Saturn! I eventually went to get a GameDr. disc repair kit, after having a period of self-reflection, as a last resort. (I almost convinced myself to buy another one from Play-Asia and put it on a credit card at that point) After running the GameDr. for about an hour, and using up all the supplied fluid, I had ground up enough of the surface to make the disc playable again!
Untitled

As for the rest of the shmups:
Untitled

And not pictured:

Switch:
Ikaruga
Terra Cresta
Namco Museum (Galaga, ’88, Sky Kid)
Dragon Blaze
Strikers 1945
Tengai
Danmaku Unlimited 3
Gunbird
Alpha Mission II
Last Resort
Blazing Star
Pulstar
Aero Fighters 2

3DS:
Summer Carnival ’92 (NES)
Kokuga
Fantasy Zone II (Arc)
After Burner II (Arc)
Galaxy Force II (Arc)
Super Thunder Blade (Arc)
Space Harrier (Arc)
Twinbee (NES 3D Classics)
G.G. Series Wonder Land
Nano Assault EX

Steam:
Blue Revolver
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
Deathsmiles
DELTAZEAL
Gun Wings
GundeadliGne
Gundemonium Recollection
Hitogata Happa
Ikaruga
LUFTRAUSERS
Starr Mazer:DSP
XIIZEAL

Wii Shop:
Sin & Punishment (N64)
Star Soldier R (WiiWare)
Gradius Rebirth (WiiWare)
Gradius III (SNES)
Lords of Thunder (TG-CD)
Super Star Soldier (TG-16)
Soldier Blade (TG-CD)
Final Soldier (TG-16)
Gate of Thunder (TG-CD)
Blazing Lazers (TG-16)
Gradius II (PCE-CD)
Air Zonk (TG-16)
Psychosis (TG-16)
R-Type (TG-16)
M.U.S.H.A. (Gen)
Star Soldier (NES)
Zanac (NES)
Space Harrier (VCA)
Ironclad (NEOGEO CD)

WiiU:
Gradius (TG-16)

360 digital:
1942 Joint Strike
Aegis Wing
After Burner Climax
Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury
Deathsmiles 2X
Galaga Legions
Galaga Legions DX
Geometry Wars Evolved2
Guwange
Gyruss
Caladrius
Capcom Arcade Cabinet (1942, 1943, Exed Exes, Legendary Wings, Side Arms, Section Z)
KoF Sky Stage
Rez HD
Shooting Love 200X (Exzeal, Shmups Skill Test, Trizeal Remix, Minus Zero)
Space Invaders Extreme
Space Invaders Infinity Gene
Triggerheart Exelica
Trouble Witches Neo!

Playstation
Stirkers 1945 (II)
R-Type Delta
Tempest X3

DS:
Space Invaders Extreme 2
Nanostray
Nanostray 2
Little Red Riding Hood’s Zombie BBQ

GBA:
Gradius Galaxies
Iridion 3D
Star X

SNES:
Darius Twin

Jaguar:
Tempest 2000
Raiden

I have a lot of misplaced closet junk between me and my gaming TV at the moment (from a leftover plumbing problem in my closet) so I can't get to my collection easily. But here's the most recent pic I took of it from October. The only things missing are my more recent Switch games (Wild Guns and Bayonetta 2):
Untitled

Whew, that was a lot! I started this post on Friday, LOL!

Edited on by masterLEON

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

OorWullie

@wasilewski Try taking down enemies with the opposite colour, they go down quicker and there are far less bullets on the screen to worry about. It's when you take them down as the same colour, they fire back at you.

SW-6101-8403-1640

wasilewski

@OorWullie yeah I was watching your replay and noticed you were shooting enemies of the opposite colour. I didn't realise when white shoots white, or black shoots black, then those enemies fire back.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

hybridseed

@wasilewski It's such a confusing game right?!? I can mostly keep the chain going til around half way through stage 1, then I just try to destroy everything and stay alive! It's just too confusing to try to keep the chain going after a certain point for me, was hoping to get a couple million for the challenge but think I won't beat my current score of 1.7...

Thanks @OorWullie for sharing that video, amazing!

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

meppi64

@masterLEON
Oh man those are some great pics.
When I see something like that, my mind always immediately tries to fill in the story of each and every item and how you got them as well as how you felt when you played it for the first time.

Unbelievable how you were able to rescue that Mushihimesama Futari disc! That looked like a complete gonner to me!

One game that pops out for me, which might sound a bit strange since no one seems to remember it, or doesn't look back on it fondly, is Tempest X3 on PSone.
I LOVE that game! Simply perfect.
It was also one of the games that I picked up from my local Game Mania shop at the time where the shopkeeper was baffled why I was so excited for it, not to mention why I would even want to pay full price for it on release. lol
Same with Raider Project. He even tried to talk me out of it to get me to buy whatever hot 3D game was out at the time. Probably something like Medieval or something. I would have nothing of that though. ;P

Those pics inspired me to get together some games from my Dreamcast, Saturn and PC-Engine.
I decided to just go with shooting games for now since that is at least somewhat on topic.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

If people are interested I might have to do the same for PSone, PS2 and MegaDrive as well sometimes.

It's also probably quite obvious to see that when I see someone mention how the Sega Saturn was a worthless system, or compare it to the 3DO, Jaguar or Virtual Boy, their credibility is instantly shot for me.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

mauhlin12

@RetroGamerAndrew I noticed you were logged into your Switch and it looks like your activity log survived, did your save files make it?

mauhlin12

mauhlin12

@meppi64 That's a beautiful collection! I also had Thunder Force V and Radiant Silvergun imports for Saturn. My dad made business trips to Japan once a year so I'd give him a list and some cash and he'd bring games back. For a little over a year the Saturn was my only current for the time system, didn't get N64 and PS1 until later. Sega of America abandoned the Saturn early in its life cycle so I had to look to Japan for new games. Sold off my whole collection around 2001 though and still haven't picked up a Saturn again.

mauhlin12

masterLEON

@meppi64 I'd be down for seeing whatever you got Every system has it's redeeming gems! And Saturn is a 2D beast!

I also see a Space Fantasy Zone case there, I thought that didn't come out?

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

RetroGamerAndrew

@mauhlin12 I thought I made a post yesterday night about it but it seems it never actually made it to the forum
Anyway... yes they did! My activity log and save files are intact. I feel SO relieved right now... phew

Now I'm finally back in business

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

mauhlin12

@RetroGamerAndrew Nice! I've heard many horror stories about people losing hundreds of hours of progress due to getting their Switch repaired and losing their save files so it's good to hear you got lucky. Just in time for the DK Rabbids DLC too!

mauhlin12

RetroGamerAndrew

@mauhlin12 yeah I've heard 'em too... let's hope I won't need another repair before cloud saves come, I may not be this lucky next time
Man, you just reminded me that Rabbids DLC is coming... jeez, I'll never manage to get on par with all those late June-July releases...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

Who won the PINBALL FX3 challenge on Adventure Land? @daftbomb was leading last time I checked?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic