Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 3,493

mauhlin12

@OorWullie I didn't see my name on last week's Pinball FX tourney. I only gave it one run and maybe my score was too low haha?

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

masterLEON

(I had this mega-post all ready to go and what happens when I come back to it?...system hang So, here's a condensed version to the best of my memory. I also blame myself for not making time to post.)

@GrailUK Congrats! That back and forth rivalry was pretty awesome, it kept me in suspense wondering when the next score will be topped! (shoot him a friend request if you can, that deserves it) And to everyone else in the Terra Cresta board, well played! Here's my no-frills survival recording for my 70,500 (no way was I touching your score without a strat like that, Grail)

@meppi64 Sorry, man. My fault for being too cryptic when I posted that smiley earlier in the week. That's when I hit 27.4 Million. I followed that up on Wednesday with the 30 Million. Hope to see you in Son of Zeus!

@Lroy Thanks, man My basic strat was to complete a few modes and score jackpots in Multiball. Here's my run. It's a bit embarrassing when I kept missing shots, but it just tells me that the actual bar for a 5 minute game is way higher than I expected.

@sebasaturn @Stevovig Congrats on your scores and welcome!

@mauhlin12 Well played! Having one chance per day to play sounds very enticing! (I might have to get it soon)

@RetroGamerAndrew Man, that sucks. I hope you're able to fix it without sending it in. It's definitely a case for having cloud saves when the system came out rather than waiting for it.

@OorWullie I didn't know Oor Wullie was a comic strip! Great job on the avatar, it blends together nicely! Also, I saw some of the other statues on the Bucket Trail. That Dr. Manhattan Wullie made me LOL!

Edited on by masterLEON

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

RetroGamerAndrew

@masterLEON thanks mate... Didn't turn out well however so my Switch is on its way to the repair center. No ETA at this time. Let's hope it doesn't get reset, Ill have to take a break to recover from the loss (especially on EtG, Mario rabbids and Bayonettas) if that's the case.
For now I'm back enjoying some good Sega Rally And Valkyrie Profile Lenneth on my beloved PSP. Let's wait and see.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

GrailUK

@masterLEON Thanks mate. I couldn't help but notice he's still improving his score. So...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

@mauhlin12 Sorry about that. I knew there was a name missing , I mentioned that underneath the leaderboard. For some reason it's only letting me view 13 names in the game's leaderboard. When I scroll down then back up I'm then unable to view 1st place as well. Let me know your score please and I'll add it to the leaderboard. Cheers!

@masterLEON Cheers pal. I originally considered adding Dr Wullie Manhattan,he was going to be Space Suit Wullie's arch enemy but then decided against it. With all the Galaga and Asteroid action going on it would have been too cluttered.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

OorWullie

Just made up a medal leaderboard. Is everyone fine with that and how I've worked it out? I've added it to the leaderboard thread but here it is along with the rules for convenience.

1st - @masterLEON đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‡đŸĨˆđŸĨˆđŸĨˆđŸĨˆđŸĨˆđŸĨˆđŸĨ‰đŸĨ‰(23pts)
2nd - @GrailUK đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‰đŸĨ‰(20pts)
3rd - @RetroGamerAndrew đŸĨ‡đŸĨˆ đŸĨˆđŸĨˆ(9pts)
4th - @meppi64 đŸĨˆđŸĨˆđŸĨˆđŸĨ‰(7pts)
5th - @GFoyle đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‡ (6pts)
6th - @OorWullieđŸĨ‡đŸĨˆ (5pts)
7th - @Qualitybeats đŸĨ‡đŸĨ‰ (4pts)
7th - @Zkibu đŸĨˆđŸĨˆ (4pts)
9th - @wasilewski đŸĨ‡(3pts)
10th - @mauhlin12 đŸĨˆ(2pts)
10th - @DashKappei đŸĨ‰đŸĨ‰ (2pts)
10th - @Hybridseed đŸĨ‰đŸĨ‰ (2pts)
13th - @CaffeinatedGamerđŸĨ‰(1pts)
13th - @daftbomb đŸĨ‰ (1pts)
13th - @Snaplocket đŸĨ‰(1pts)
13th - @Spanjard đŸĨ‰(1pts)

15 challenges ,16 medal winners,that's quite impressive.

Gold = 3pts
Silver = 2pts
Bronze = 1pt

For member's tied on points,the value of the medal/medals won will determine their standing on the table,eg 1 silver beats 2 bronze.

If they still cannot be separated this way then members names will be presented alphabetically but will be tied on the same position,eg joint 10th.

I'm 95% sure I added this up correctly and haven't left anyone off that's won a medal,but there's a chance I have. If you spot a mistake or don't see your name on there when it should be please let me know.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

wasilewski

Thanks @OorWullie for adding these scores up. It must have taken a lot of time.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

GrailUK

@OorWullie I can't thank you enough for doing this! And there is certainly no shame in coming second to @masterLEON He is a great player!

wasilewski

Congrats to everyone! On laur.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

masterLEON

@GrailUK Aw, thanks! Although to be fair, you've come in first a few more times than I have. But it's rare that only one of us, or neither of us, are in the top 3, that must be where the points came from. In any case, it's been exciting just being able to compete with such a formidable gamer! Hats off to you! ( ^ ^)7

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

SegaRacer

@OorWullie Awesome! I like seeing an overall leaderboard as well. It looks like I have some work to do though starting with Ikaruga!

Edited on by SegaRacer

SegaRacer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

mauhlin12

@OorWullie My Sorcerer Lair score was 8495510. I see what you mean that the leaderboard only goes to 13.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

GFoyle

@GrailUK Great that you too managed to improve though! Btw gave you played the game in the normal mode at all?

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

GrailUK

@GFoyle Only for practice (You can create an interrupt save so you can practice sections and work out how to get the most from them!)

GrailUK

@OorWullie Well, it's been refreshing not having a video on YouTube showing you a perfect run! Hmmm, actually, I might have to look in to getting footage somehow because this 5 mins is some of the craziest gameplay ever played even by my standards (and I tear-ass through level 3 on Moon Patrol hahah) He can enjoy top place for a while. I'm all Terra Cresta'd out for now. I'm 1 button press way from about 128K but I the Nichibutsu Gods aren't smiling at the moment.

Lroy

@GrailUK What's happened to your game-play log? Can't see any of your played games on Switch now?

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GrailUK

@Lroy I deleted it. It's bad for my psyche knowing how many hours in to a game I plow!

Lroy

@GrailUK Ah that's a shame. I'm always checking in on you lot by looking at your game play stats. Oh well.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic