Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 2,926

GrailUK

@Agent721 Hell to the yeah mate

Well. Midnight. I couldn't beat the top score (it's far too exhausting lol! Purposefully skipping the third and fourth upgrade, grabbing the fifth, skipping the sixth and finally the seventh just so you can max the missiles / energy barriers and firebirding the boss in seconds so you can die to farm the orb at the start of the level (and the last life shot scores after the timer runs out! - It's as tiring as reading that lmao!)

Congratulations Japanese person. You never gave up. Amazing ^^

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Steveovig

My final score for Terra Cresta was 56100 that I set a couple days ago. I didn't really get a chance to play much today or I might have beaten it. My wifi isn't working now but I can post a pic in the morning to verify.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

OorWullie

Congratulations on another win @GrailUK It's been great to watch you do battle with the Japanese guy. I'm sure you're not finished yet,even though the challenge has. Are we just going to start the new challenge on the Ikaruga release day and let it run until until the 2nd Friday after?

@Steveovig Well played and I'm glad you could join us. Hope you can take part in future challenges.

I wasn't able to make time yesterday to try and better my score on Terra Cresta. I will be sure to go at it again for the open leaderboard.

I was able to better my scores for the open leaderboard on Tengai,Strikers 1945,Dragon Blaze and Galaga 88.I'm sure I already posted my Galaga 88 score but here it is again anyway.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GrailUK

@OorWullie Sounds good for Ikaruga. 1 credit/normal. And as for Terra Cresta...you are right.

Edited on by GrailUK

wasilewski

Ikaruga would be great for me! I'll have to divide my time between that and SF II.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

I'm sitting out IKARUGA. Been very lucky to buy or receive a lot of gaming related goodies over last few months. Most recent addition is a SNES Mini Classic, loving it!

IKARUGA will have to sit on my wish list for the next time I get some eShop credit. Best of luck to all who take part. I'll watch on enviously 😉

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀|
Retro Gamer

GrailUK

I reckon it's possible to tack another about 10k to my Terra Cresta score! 130K is definitely the ceiling.

Lroy

@Zkibu Well played mate. You beat me and @Agent721 in the end.

Retro Gamer

Corneel

@GrailUK Congratulations on a well deserved win. It was amazing to see you and the unknown Japanese person trade the top spot (and also leaving a huge gap to the number 3).

@OorWullie Two for the open leaderboards: Strikers 1945 and Tengai
Untitled
Untitled

Looking forward to Ikaruga!

Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697
3DS friend code: 5387-0557-5917

GrailUK

@Corneel Thank you ^^ Every time I drop to second I start thinking I'm missing something lol.

Edited on by GrailUK

meppi64

@masterLEON Damnit, I had no idea that you broke 30 million on Zen Pinball. Otherwise I would have played a bit more.
Just checked on my Switch and noticed the tournament was already completed.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 Congrats to @MasterLeon Had forgotten when the Pinball FX Tourney closed.

@Oorwullie Fancy creating another one for this week?

Retro Gamer

OorWullie

I've posted the final leaderboards for Terra Cresta and the Pinball tournament. For some reason it's only showing me 13 names on the leaderboard but 14 took part and it showed all 14 names the other day. I can't tell who is missing though?

@Lroy I was going to ask about that. I'm not sure what tables everyone has. When the game launched 2 new tables were available for free ,Adventure Land and Son of Zeus. I assume many will have those and they're decent tables but not the best. For those who don't have them I couldn't recommend buying those before others just to take part in the tournament. Castlestorm is a really good table and fairly easy to learn ,that would be a great table for a tournament. It's part of a $5 two pack that also includes a Wild West table which is also pretty good.

@Corneel Some nice score there. I was going to make the open leaderboard for those games single credit scores though. Really sorry ,I should have been clearer about that. I've been holding off making it up as there hasn't been enough single credit scores submitted. I can add a 2 credit open leaderboard too though underneath and include your scores on that.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Corneel

@OorWullie No problem at all. Single credit has my preference also, so that's fine. So let's see if we can get that single credit leaderboard going, especially now that we have a few days until Ikaruga.

Edited on by Corneel

Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697
3DS friend code: 5387-0557-5917

Lroy

@OorWullie I've those three free tables. Happy to play a tournament on any of those. Obviously, others can express their interest or lack of it too.

Retro Gamer

NinChocolate

What does anyone think the chances are for Capcom reissuing on switch the shooters they published? They are among my favorite ones

NinChocolate

Lroy

Capcom's Arcade back catalogue on Switch would be the most important E3 announcement ever for me personally. But that is dream land.

Retro Gamer

GrailUK

@NinChocolate Mars Matrix would be lovely!

GFoyle

I would just wish that we would get tons of shmups from those different companies which were known of making great one's, like Toaplan, Cave, Konami, Taito, Namco, Irem, Raizing etc.

Out of nostalgia, I personally would like to see Dragon Spirit (Namco) and Truxton (Toaplan), just because those were the first ones for me. Not sure would I like them now, but I would be really happy to see if I do...

I have been trying/buying most of the one's which have come to switch and from that I have learned that I'm not too keen on the earlier ones like Terra Cresta (feel's strange, hard to see the bullets etc.), Alpha Mission II or the newer Danmaku Unlimited style, which to me feels a bit too abstract. This far the Psikyo shooters have been the ones I enjoy the most, but not perfect as they are too difficult for casual play.

I have Ikaruga on my XBone, but haven't really played it... I think I I will get it for switch too, but not sure if it's too close to the DM3 style for my liking.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic