Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 3,493

Corneel

@GrailUK Congratulations on a well deserved win. It was amazing to see you and the unknown Japanese person trade the top spot (and also leaving a huge gap to the number 3).

@OorWullie Two for the open leaderboards: Strikers 1945 and Tengai
Untitled
Untitled

Looking forward to Ikaruga!

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

GrailUK

@Corneel Thank you ^^ Every time I drop to second I start thinking I'm missing something lol.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

meppi64

@masterLEON Damnit, I had no idea that you broke 30 million on Zen Pinball. Otherwise I would have played a bit more.
Just checked on my Switch and noticed the tournament was already completed.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 Congrats to @MasterLeon Had forgotten when the Pinball FX Tourney closed.

@Oorwullie Fancy creating another one for this week?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

I've posted the final leaderboards for Terra Cresta and the Pinball tournament. For some reason it's only showing me 13 names on the leaderboard but 14 took part and it showed all 14 names the other day. I can't tell who is missing though?

@Lroy I was going to ask about that. I'm not sure what tables everyone has. When the game launched 2 new tables were available for free ,Adventure Land and Son of Zeus. I assume many will have those and they're decent tables but not the best. For those who don't have them I couldn't recommend buying those before others just to take part in the tournament. Castlestorm is a really good table and fairly easy to learn ,that would be a great table for a tournament. It's part of a $5 two pack that also includes a Wild West table which is also pretty good.

@Corneel Some nice score there. I was going to make the open leaderboard for those games single credit scores though. Really sorry ,I should have been clearer about that. I've been holding off making it up as there hasn't been enough single credit scores submitted. I can add a 2 credit open leaderboard too though underneath and include your scores on that.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Corneel

@OorWullie No problem at all. Single credit has my preference also, so that's fine. So let's see if we can get that single credit leaderboard going, especially now that we have a few days until Ikaruga.

Edited on by Corneel

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

Lroy

@OorWullie I've those three free tables. Happy to play a tournament on any of those. Obviously, others can express their interest or lack of it too.

NinChocolate

What does anyone think the chances are for Capcom reissuing on switch the shooters they published? They are among my favorite ones

NinChocolate

Lroy

Capcom's Arcade back catalogue on Switch would be the most important E3 announcement ever for me personally. But that is dream land.

GrailUK

@NinChocolate Mars Matrix would be lovely!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GFoyle

I would just wish that we would get tons of shmups from those different companies which were known of making great one's, like Toaplan, Cave, Konami, Taito, Namco, Irem, Raizing etc.

Out of nostalgia, I personally would like to see Dragon Spirit (Namco) and Truxton (Toaplan), just because those were the first ones for me. Not sure would I like them now, but I would be really happy to see if I do...

I have been trying/buying most of the one's which have come to switch and from that I have learned that I'm not too keen on the earlier ones like Terra Cresta (feel's strange, hard to see the bullets etc.), Alpha Mission II or the newer Danmaku Unlimited style, which to me feels a bit too abstract. This far the Psikyo shooters have been the ones I enjoy the most, but not perfect as they are too difficult for casual play.

I have Ikaruga on my XBone, but haven't really played it... I think I I will get it for switch too, but not sure if it's too close to the DM3 style for my liking.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Steveovig

Untitled

There's my final score from Terra Cresta. I might have to dust off Strikers 1 since I'm just now realizing there's an open leaderboard for it.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

OorWullie

@Steveovig Just added you to the Terra Cresta leaderboard. Apologies for leaving you off of it initially, I was in a rush when I was making it up.

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

Just opened a new Pinball FX3 tournament. The table is Son of Zeus and rules are same as before,5 minutes table time.

Mr Mustard
Password - NLife2018

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

CW13

Great scores to all in Terra Cresta!! Sat this one out. Waiting on Ikaruga Tuesday. Just recently purchased Shantae Half Genie Hero, Runner 3, Bloodstained and have Fallen Legion coming Tuesday also. Need to slow down and enjoy! That'll never happen! I'm in for the pinball tourney again. Could've done better last one, was trying to hard. I have a bunch of tables for pinball fx3.

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@CW13 I turned the dot matrix off during the last tournament so I would have no idea how much I scored until times up. Despite not being able to beat my own score I found things to be much less tense. I always panic when I know my score is high.

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

I've awarded medals to the top 3 scorers on every Weekly Challenge Leaderboard. Later today I'll make up a medal leaderboard and always include it in the last post of the Leaderboard Thread.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

AgentLA

@Steveovig

Dang, I’m right below you, you just nicked me.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@OorWullie

Very cool! I don’t have one yet but that is a brilliant idea. Cheers!

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic