Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 3,493

OorWullie

I was all set to absolutely smash my Terra Cresta score there .66,500 with around a minute left on the clock.No lives lost and a half powered up ship. Then I absolutely collapsed in spectacular fashion,losing all my lives in a 20 second period and falling short of my previous best.Nightmare!

I done something crossing the water and received big points ,several thousand. Was from those little turrets that pop up. Not sure what I done.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GrailUK

@OorWullie There is a spinny orb that travels horizontally. If you shoot it, it fires 6 big bullets. These bullets can destroy ships and turrets and instead og getting 100-300pts, each will give you 1000pts! So when you see those, stop shooting, time a shot and let the bullets clear the screen.

At the second water area, you get a squadron of ships (which you can shoot), then some turrets then the orb THEN another squadron. So pick off a turret so you can have a clear shot at the orb, shoot it then dodge bullets. There is a huge scope for improving your chain

(There is another orb on the 4th land stage.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

@GrailUK Cheers pal ,good to know. I know I've got an 80k plus in me with this one. Making it to the 5th ship upgrade intact gives me the most problems. Those damn looping enemies right before it, I'd say they get me 8 times out of 10.When I do make it though I can go on a good run after that.

On another note,I emailed Hamster today and asked if they would consider adding TATE mode for Caravan and High Score mode. I'm sure they can make it fit and still have the leaderboard underneath. They emailed back saying

"Hello,thank you for your mail.
It will be a reference for development.

Kind regards"

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

AgentLA

Every time I hit the reply button today, I get sent back to the main NL page. Anyone else getting this problem?

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

GrailUK

Righty. I am genuinely out. 115k was my grail and I am bloody chuffed I managed to beat it. Doubling the score of half the leaderboard! (sorry @Lroy). If my Japanese friend can best it, then it's all his. I am obviously missing a trick and I want to play something else lol.

https://twitter.com/Grail59909020/status/999735858474315776

Edited on by GrailUK

mauhlin12

Another Steredenn high score, this time on the daily challenge so unfortunately doesn't count towards the overall leaderboard. 781M is pretty good though, I was hoping to break a billion but died on final boss 3rd loop.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

@GrailUK Bloody marvellous my good man. Well done. I've not put many runs in this week, football fever what with the end of the season and now the World Cup on the horizon has seen me glued to my Manager Mode Career in FIFA 18 (the game is on sale for £18 in the EU eShop right now, the cheapest price yet for anyone on the fence). I've read your recent tips to @oorwullie but still can't actually see what spinning things and bullets and what not I'm meant to focus on to increase me score, lol! So I'm stuck scorewise, where I was at the end of last week.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GFoyle

GrailUK wrote:

Righty. I am genuinely out. 115k was my grail and I am bloody chuffed I managed to beat it. Doubling the score of half the leaderboard! (sorry @Lroy). If my Japanese friend can best it, then it's all his. I am obviously missing a trick and I want to play something else lol.

Seems that he/she did it again by 1000... It's been kinda fun to follow this rivalry.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

GrailUK

@GFoyle ...I was slacking...

Edit. Oh no. I think I just found a way to smash that score. Ok, I'm not out. I'll play till midnight.

Edited on by GrailUK

AgentLA

@GrailUK

You win! I didn’t get a chance to play much this week, and even if I did, I’d never reached your score! Well done.

Ikaruga is next??

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

GrailUK

@Agent721 Hell to the yeah mate

Well. Midnight. I couldn't beat the top score (it's far too exhausting lol! Purposefully skipping the third and fourth upgrade, grabbing the fifth, skipping the sixth and finally the seventh just so you can max the missiles / energy barriers and firebirding the boss in seconds so you can die to farm the orb at the start of the level (and the last life shot scores after the timer runs out! - It's as tiring as reading that lmao!)

Congratulations Japanese person. You never gave up. Amazing ^^

Edited on by GrailUK

Steveovig

My final score for Terra Cresta was 56100 that I set a couple days ago. I didn't really get a chance to play much today or I might have beaten it. My wifi isn't working now but I can post a pic in the morning to verify.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

OorWullie

Congratulations on another win @GrailUK It's been great to watch you do battle with the Japanese guy. I'm sure you're not finished yet,even though the challenge has. Are we just going to start the new challenge on the Ikaruga release day and let it run until until the 2nd Friday after?

@Steveovig Well played and I'm glad you could join us. Hope you can take part in future challenges.

I wasn't able to make time yesterday to try and better my score on Terra Cresta. I will be sure to go at it again for the open leaderboard.

I was able to better my scores for the open leaderboard on Tengai,Strikers 1945,Dragon Blaze and Galaga 88.I'm sure I already posted my Galaga 88 score but here it is again anyway.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

GrailUK

@OorWullie Sounds good for Ikaruga. 1 credit/normal. And as for Terra Cresta...you are right.

Edited on by GrailUK

wasilewski

Ikaruga would be great for me! I'll have to divide my time between that and SF II.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

I'm sitting out IKARUGA. Been very lucky to buy or receive a lot of gaming related goodies over last few months. Most recent addition is a SNES Mini Classic, loving it!

IKARUGA will have to sit on my wish list for the next time I get some eShop credit. Best of luck to all who take part. I'll watch on enviously 😉

Edited on by Lroy

GrailUK

I reckon it's possible to tack another about 10k to my Terra Cresta score! 130K is definitely the ceiling.

Lroy

@Zkibu Well played mate. You beat me and @Agent721 in the end.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic