Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 3,493

AgentLA

@OorWullie

I want some R Types!!

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

OorWullie

Some great picks! I haven't played most of them but I've watched gameplay videos and they all look brilliant to me.

Having my Saturn stolen ,moving on from the Dreamcast after it "died" and never owning a Playstation or Xbox means I missed out on most of the classics from the late 90's,early 2000's. It was never really a genre I played much of in the arcades either for some reason. Most of the shooters I played were from the Master System/Megadrive/Mega CD era.

I'm so glad I just wrote that sentence because I've finally remembered my favourite shoot 'em up that I could never remember the name of. I've spent so much time in the past trying to find the name of this game that I absolutely loved and all this time I've been looking in the wrong place. I was sure it was a Saturn or Dreamcast game but nope,it was actually a Mega CD game and its name was Robo Aleste. Amazing game so that's the one I'd like to see come to Switch. Give me some Hellfire too and make it the arcade version as I've never played that.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

meppi64

@Lroy Well it might just be me, but I'm very partial to this one.

Untitled

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

GrailUK

@Lroy I want a Monkeyball game more than anything, so until one releases on Switch (I'd happily take a HD remaster of the cube games hint hint!) I'm stuck with this avatar

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

RetroGamerAndrew

Well it seems like my Switch is going bananas, had a couple of "SD card not recognized" error in the past months but yesterday the issue has worsened to the point it took me half an hour of microSD swapping to finally get it working.
This really sucks. Now I'm left with the choice to either keep an almost broken-console until online & cloud saves land (and September is nowhere near) or send it to Nintendo for repair right now, with a good chance to have my all my saves obliterated.
Dammit

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

OorWullie

I decided last night that I wanted a new avatar too,I've been using the same one for nearly 3 years now. I wanted my new one to have a space shoot 'em up theme but at the same time didn't want to leave out Oor Wullie. Oor Wullie with a rocket powered bucket shooting some πŸ‘½ scum in space I was thinking but with little clue to how I was going to pull it off. With zero confidence, I searched for "Oor Wullie in a space suit" and unbelievably there he was,a life size model that had been made for an exhibition sitting on his bucket in a space suit.I slapped him on an HD space background ,stuck a rocket up his bucket,added some Galaga/Galaga 88/Asteroids box art with some shooting action for extra drama then added some filters on top to give it that retro look.I was at it for ages but I think it's come out pretty well

Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@RetroGamerAndrew Sorry to hear that , nightmare!

Just an idea, try clearing the cache then formatting the SD card actually in the system. These options are under 'System/Formatting Options'. I have no idea if this will work and I've never read it being given as advice anywhere but you never know. If it's a software issue that's causing the system to not recognise the SD card it might resolve it. Will be a pain to download all your games onto the SD card again though.

SW-6101-8403-1640

RetroGamerAndrew

@OorWullie
Well that's definitely a road I'm going to try, thanks for the heads-up mate. Tonight my wife's out so at least I'll have some time to experiment, lol.
But you know what? I'm going to open up the whole thing first, just to make sure the SD card reader is correctly sitting in its socket... judging by this video:

SD card slot inspection should be trivial.
Extrema ratio, I think I'm going to buy a spare SD card reader module for Switch to swap. They go by 10/12 euros on eBay so it'll definitely be worth a try.
Fingers crossed... if all else fail at least I have some PSP/3DS backlog to go back to

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Really sorry to hear you are having these issues. Is this a common problem? Vaguely recall hearing other stories of people's SD cards suddenly not being recognised or perhaps that was actually the Game Cart reader? I know my physical cart of ARMS regularly gives an error message when I first put it into the Switch. I have to take it out and put it back in half a dozen times to get it to read on some occasions. Pain in the arse. Fingers crossed it only seems to affect that particular game cartridge.

Anyway, I really hope you get this matter sorted without having to send you Switch in for repair buddy.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@OorWullie Nice art skills buddy. If you ever fancy designing me a custom one I'd be delighted 😜

Lroy

@OorWullie Yeah, I'll have think or am open to suggestions of what game to use as the basis of inspiration. Thanks buddy πŸ‘

GrailUK

Wow! Well, I knew 115K was doable, and I almost had it. Gratz to my Japanese chum, whoever you are. Well played and I'm glad I could push him. I'll have to sacrifice farm animals to beat that...

Lroy

@GrailUK Noticed the other night you had played TERRA CRESTA for 40 HOURS!!! Insane. Game has only been out about what 2 weeks?

AgentLA

@OorWullie

You did that yourself?? Great job, looks awesome!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Agent721 Thanks mate. Yes I did,well everything except for the art. There's a few apps that make it easier to do images like this than ever before but it still takes times to get it to all blend in and look like part of the same image.

SW-6101-8403-1640

AgentLA

@GrailUK

Back on top, well done! Funny to imagine a Japanese gamer somewhere constantly checking the leaderboards to see where they stand!

GrailUK

@Agent721 I'm certainly doing my best for Western representation in the top 6!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic