Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 3,493

Zkibu

@GrailUK Thanks! gonna join the Pinball tournament. Incredible contest between you guys. I have no idea how do you manage to score over 100000 points.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

hybridseed

@GrailUK Terra Cresta, Moon Cresta, Double Dragon and Armed F are all without Caravan Mode, but Contra which if I remember rightly was one of the first ACA titles has got it! Seems like the series gets more love on Switch!

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Steveovig

Untitled

I hope I did the embedding right above. If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is 4735-7738-5485

Edited on by Steveovig

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

GrailUK

Oh...so if you reset the game in standard mode...it wipes your caravan score too. Good to know lol!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

masterLEON

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

GFoyle

I really wish Zerodiv would build similar restore point support to the ports they make to what Hamster does or at least would give the option to select the level order in all of the games as they did with Tengai. When you add that randomization (which affects the difficult of each stage depending when it comes) to these already super hard games it makes horribly difficult to improve without those aids to help in practicing.

I have been playing Dragon Blaze, Tengai occasionally after the challenges ended, trying to improve, but I feel I'm not really going anywhere in any significant degree (especially with Dragon Blaze). With the current setup of random order, not being able to focus practicing on any specific part at all, it would take forever to learn those parts and it's getting a bit frustrating. Great games, but I really would wish for tools to help with the practicing (and I have no interest of going with the MAME route). Maybe somebody who speaks japanese here could drop them a line a requests for these things?

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

Got a group of us playing SPLATOON 2 now if you fancy joining? Head over to the Adult Switch Gamers thread on here for up to date details.

Currently have a private battle room open. Simply go to main lobby and click private. Password is 1234.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Daftbomb

Fierce competition for top in the FX3 leaderboard, good game all.

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

GrailUK

2 more shmups 'announced' for Switch. Game Paradise (YAY!!!) and Plus Alpha Beta (never played.) Both by Jaleco.

I've had a radical rethink about Terra Cresta...we will see...

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Steveovig

I don't believe this has been mentioned but the Psyvariar physical editions are on dispatchgames.com.

RetroGamerAndrew

@Daftbomb nice score mate! I'm sitting somewhere below at 25MIL-ish, it's weird to think that a couple of connected flips could have pushed me to the top 3! I'm going to practice a little more tonight

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@Steveovig thnk for letting us know, I see Psyvariar shipped would be 37.99$... not bad!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

meppi64

@GrailUK That's really great.
While Game Tengoku isn't a very serious shooter, it sure is an incredibly fun one. Possible the best game Jaleco ever made.
Never even heard of Plus Alpha though. That ship is super familiar to me so I had to look it up and it turns out that it was included in Game Tengoku along with ships from their other shoot em ups.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

With the release of Ikaruga next week,a shooter that will have been high on many of the fine folk from this thread's wish lists,I'm curious ,if you could choose one other shoot 'em up that you would you like to see come to Switch,what would it be?

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie Tricky one. Maybe BATSUGUN or DoDonPachi or hell that long awaited R-TYPE release would be super nice. I'd also like DARIUS GAIDEN (think that's the one).

meppi64

@OorWullie @Lroy
All brilliant picks. Although I could do without R-Type, I guess.
Classic game, no doubt but I enjoyed Delta a ton more for instance.

One I would certainly put on the list is Layer Section/Galactic Attack.
Oh and since I just got Raiden V on Xbox last night for 12€, I'm gonna gave to add Raiden 1,2 and DX. As well as the Raiden Fighters games.
Besides that, anything by Cave really. As well as some Takumi classics like Gigawing and Mars Matrix.
Oh and Progear no Arashi should finally get a home port.

In an unrelated note, that Guille avatar threw me off. Had no idea at first why your name popped up when I clicked quote. Lol

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Daftbomb

@OorWullie The amiga classic Project X by Team 17, that was the first shooter I ever played and had such a classy aesthetic and upgade system. It'll never happen, but thats the one Id choose to accompany Ikaruga.

That or a Cave bullethell game I had on ipad years ago...

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

Steveovig

I'd love to see Hamster release some Gradius or Salamander games finally. I should just give up and buy the PS4 versions but I'd rather have them on the Switch.

Lroy

@meppi64 Yeah, gone from MARIO +RABBIDS: KINGDOM BATTLE avatar to Blinky from PAC-MAN and now to Guile in prep for SF ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION. Basically, haven't found an avatar I want to stick with yet, lol! ☺️

Zkibu

I think that the most obvious one is Radiant Silvergun. Besides it whole Gradius series would be great, but if I have to pick one I would take Gradius V. I mentioned Layer Section in another topic, what a brilliant underrated gem. Finally M2stg should bring atleast Battle Garegga to the console...and maybe some Cave games please

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic