Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 3,493

GrailUK

Just tried 3 more games and Paris level 2 each time. There is either a trigger or something has bugged out. It's beyond a joke now!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

meppi64

Not even kidding. Did about 15 runs, only had 1 run where I didn't get Paris as the second level. Just the very first game.
Tried anything. No bombing, making sure I had no bombs by the end of the level. 99800 score, 56000 score, dying, not dying. Every single time: Paris. lol
Doing a normal playthough might be more fun that whatever this is turning into.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

wasilewski

Here is a scoring guide video made by the player with the highest score so far:

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

GrailUK

@wasilewski Awesome video! Have you ideas how to avoid Paris?

wasilewski

@GrailUK I wish I did, I think it's just completely random.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

GrailUK

@wasilewski I'm getting it level 2 every single time I play. Boooo

Lroy

GrailUK wrote:

@wasilewski Awesome video! Have you ideas how to avoid Paris?

In that video, about 6: 50 approx. The text says to get the best level order you need to 'reset the machine and don't let the demo play.'

No idea how that translates to Switch. Perhaps it means closing the game down and then opening it again. E.g. Your first run will be the correct order?

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. I've had the Paris level on virtually every run I've tried today.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

By the way, what are the Switch friend codes for folks talking part here? I know a lot of us already are friends on Switch but noticed a few names on last week's NL Leaderboard for PULSTAR I don't have on my Switch and some peeps taking part for AERO FIGHTERS 2.

I love turning my Switch on and seeing a bunch of us all playing these arcade games πŸ‘

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

FINALLY! Managed to get a run with no Paris at Level 2 or Level 4. Managed to bump my score up to 440, 200. I am currently 13th on the Global Leaderboard. Not sure about the NL community rankings. I can see @RetroGamerAndrew is at 11th and @GrailUK is 5th. Anyone else up there?

Edited on by Lroy

SeanyP

206,600 (SeanyP on the online leaderboards) is my highest in Aero Fighters 2 so far. I’ve got some work to do!

SeanyP

DashKappei

Way down to the 20th at 410k. I believe I'm 1.000 points away from Meppi64. Finally I've been getting non-Paris levels again, in fact now I keep having the Oil Refinery as a 2nd stage and NY as fourth.

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

GrailUK

I'm at an impasse. Maybe it's like Edge of Tomorrow and the game is trying to tell me where the mother brain is? Brb...just popping to the Louvre.

Edited on by GrailUK

masterLEON

Sorry I've been quiet, Splatfest stuff and all (Team Love won!) I'm now seeing what some of you are seeing with the Paris stage. It's weird, I was getting New York as stage 2 for a while, but all of a sudden it changed to Paris (and I was slightly over 100k at the end of stage 1). I'm almost convinced it has something to do with the score but not how high or low, maybe just the digits(?), or at least some hidden rank system or trigger. I've reset the settings and now I'm getting the jungle at stage 2. Hopefully there's a way to pin this down for consistency sake. Right now I'm sitting at 18th with 419,800 :-/

Edited on by masterLEON

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

GrailUK

@masterLEON Welcome back mate. Can you explain how you reset the settings please. I must be doing something wrong

meppi64

Did the MVS hardware have an internal clock inside by any chance?
Bit far fetched, I know, but I've seen crazier stuff.

For instance, in The Pinball Arcade, when you play Ghostbusters (or a couple of other tables that might not be in this release) and the clock strikes midnight, your ball drains, all the lights go out and you hear a clock strike 12 times before flashing "midnight madness" and a multi ball mode begins.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

GrailUK

@meppi64 I have a few Aero Fighters 2 errors in my error history. Communication errors, but maybe it's messed up something.

meppi64

@GrailUK
Ah, me too. Mostly Neo Geo games and one Home menu one.
But that's just because it was trying to connect to the scoreboard servers when coming out of sleep mode I think.

meppi64

Lroy

@GrailUK @masterleon Won't resetting settings and scores wipe your leaderboard position?

GrailUK

@Lroy I have no idea

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic