Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 3,493

Lroy

@masterLEON SENGOKU 3 is fine by me although I believe @Oorwullie is already quite the Master at it so expect it will be a case of catch-up for the rest of us πŸ˜‚

As for NAMCO MUSEUM. I have it and am ready and waiting to actually start including these titles in the weekly challenges. The sooner the better πŸ‘

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

DashKappei

Is the Strikers challenge over? I didn't even manage to ask how the gold lingots work... 200/2000 points, what's the deal with that?

Anyway my score is 370100 [1cc]
I tried for kicks the 2 continues this morning and scored 615k but I don't care about that.

Edit: managed to upload the pic.

Untitled

Also I own both Sengoku 3 and Namco Museum. I'm a decent Pac-Man player (Ms Pac-Man is my jam but it's not on Switch damn)

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

mauhlin12

@masterLEON Congrats on the victory and Sengoku 3 is a great pick! As for Namco Museum I don't own it yet but if a game from that collection was picked for a weekly challenge I'd pick it up. Been waiting for a price drop otherwise.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Corneel

Hi guys, what a great idea to have these weekly arcade challenges. I'll try to get a decent score in Sengoku 3. Please feel free to add me (already added some of you).

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

Lroy

@Corneel Welcome buddy. Noticed from your activity log that you play a lot of arcade games and many of the weekly challenge picks. Great to have you here and thanks for posting πŸ‘

CW13

I've had Namco since launch, so I'm in for that if we ever do it. Love Dig Dug! Will pick up Sengoku 3 later tonight or tomorrow. It's been in my wish list, this'll give me reason! Congrats @masterLeon!!

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

DashKappei

Sengoku 3 eh? Nice, it'll give me a reason to actually learn to play it instead of just marveling at its pixel art

Also NOOOO to Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, such a disappointment after the godly first game.

I wish Hamster would hurry the heck up and release City Connection on Switch. Own it on PS4 and it's still a great game

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

mauhlin12

Untitled 135,600 is my early week high score. Would you look at that! This challenge just started and 3 of the top 7 are from this group. I think we'll have a monopoly on the top 5, maybe have 9 of the top 10 when all is said and done. Teach us your secrets @OorWullie ! Edit: 148,600 is new high score good enough for #3.

Edited on by mauhlin12

mauhlin12

Lroy

@mauhlin12 Crikey! The competition are running away with this one already, lol! Well played all.

Zkibu

I've been playing with Ninja guy. Reminds me the cool ninja from Strider and propably good character to learn the basics. I always begin the game in China. Are people starting in one of the two harder stages? I am relying in basic 3 and 4 hit sword combos and sometimes dash attacks. Was so close to beat the samurai boss but missed the dash special attack and then was out of time. Absolutely one of the finest beat em ups. Maybe even rivaling my favourite Turtles in time for SNES.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

meppi64

DashKappei wrote:

Is the Strikers challenge over? I didn't even manage to ask how the gold lingots work... 200/2000 points, what's the deal with that?

If you time to correctly when the light sweeps over the brick and it flashes for just a moment, you'll get 2000 points. The window is very small, and it makes it that much harder to having to focus on this as well as avoiding incoming projectiles.
Quite a few Psykio games do this actually.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Fafounet

Lroy wrote:

Totally unrelated - tonight or tomorrow UK time. We are trying to get some folks together to play ROCKET LEAGUE.

Check out the 'Adult Switch Gamers' thread for details

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/adult_swit...

And if anyone new here, doesn't know, that's the thread we tend to try and organise game nights for any Switch online multiplayer fun.

We run MARIO KART 8 DELUXE every Monday and hope to make ROCKET LEAGUE and other games like ARMS etc fixtures in the future.

As mentioned by @Lroy, the community has a regular Mario Kart gaming evening organised every Monday. You lads are most welcome to join in the fray tomorrow evening UK time!

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

masterLEON

@OorWullie Man, here I only just broke 100k, and I have no idea how you got 150k. I hope it stays that way, but @mauhlin12 is closing in on ya'.

@Corneel Welcome!

@wasilewski Well played! Type C shot, eh? I couldn't make that work for some reason.

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

wasilewski

@masterLEON thanks chief! All my high scores seem to come with type C shot so I think I'm gonna work with it. I like how spread out it is.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

mauhlin12

I've been using Kongo. He can break most furniture with a (default controls) YYY combo. Also you can launch and juggle enemies using BBB, forward, forward, B over and over. You can experiment with different combos but my favorite is BBBYYY. I start with China (easy) level and use that BBBYYY combo on the boss. You don't want to get too far away because he'll use his fire triple jump attack which wastes about 10 seconds every time. Knock down with that combo, get near him but not on his attack plane, let him get up and combo him again. I also don't jump unless it's to get the food on the table at the beginning of the stage for a free 2000 points if your health is full. I also don't use the projectile weapons, but keep collecting shurikens since the most you can hold is 9 and if you grab a shuriken off the ground that's another 1000 points. Finally, I use my down, down B attack to hit far away enemies, especially the stabby samurais when they aggro. That's what has been working for me so far.

mauhlin12

Corneel

The upload score screen popped up at a very unfortunate time when there was some excessive b-button mashing going on. Now the screen doesn't pop up at all in sessions after that (even though i beat my score). Anybody know how to fix this?

@mauhlin12, great explanation of your tactics. For me it's all about the bonus at the end of the level. It varies from 20k up to 40k. That's what i'm focusing on right now.

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

mauhlin12

@Corneel That is also great advice- don't mash B when the timer is near the end, I've lost a high score like that too. I closed the game and restarted it and the "upload score" prompt started popping up again. Now if somebody could just figure out how to skip that cut scene at the start of the Italy level...

mauhlin12

hybridseed

@Corneel Try resetting the score, should allow you to upload again after that☺

Wasn't sure if I was gonna join in this week as I don't have Sengoku 3 or either of the earlier games and would like to play through them first, but think I'm gonna buy it tonight and get in on the fun, great to be part of this community and it brings a new element of fun to Switch Arcade gamingπŸ˜ƒ

Edited on by hybridseed

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic