Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 3,020

wasilewski

@hybridseed I do administration work in a hospital. I work compressed hours so I do my working week over 3 days - 8am - 8pm.

What about you?

@masterLEON I haven't really got into Dragon Blaze, although I have only played it via MAME. What character do you use?

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

masterLEON

@wasilewski For now, I've settled on Rob. I like his shot spread, bombs, and Magic attack. The game does put a lot of focus on collecting gold coins, therefore more dragon attacks. And also that one-hit K.O. Technical Bonus on the boss. So I think I really should be using someone faster, like Quaid or Ian because their dragons can return quicker; there seems to be a direct relation between flying speed and return speed.

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

Zkibu

@masterLEON Sengoku 3 seems like an awesome game. Totally up for that one. I also have the Namco Museum.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

hybridseed

@wasilewski I drive a minibus, taking elderly people on days out, very rewarding job and I get a few hours to play Switch☺

So what games are included on Namco Museum?

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

masterLEON

@hybridseed Ah, Pac-Man Vs. is in there, so that throws that out. So that makes 10 games to choose from.

Pac-Man
Galaga
Galaga '88
Dig Dug
The Tower of Druaga
Sky Kid
Rolling Thunder
Rolling Thunder 2
Splatterhouse
Tank Force

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

bushidosnail

I don't have the Namco Museum, but wouldn't be opposed to getting it if it came up in the challenge.

I'm going to sit this week's one out, not really into beat em ups, but good luck to everyone! I'm going to spend some time working on my Strikers scores

Switch Profile name - bushido

Switch Friend Code: SW-7472-3544-3419

Agent721

@masterLEON

I don’t own it but I can buy it if we pick one of those games.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721

OorWullie

@masterLEON Sengoku 3 is a great pick.I bought it soon after it came out and had a few runs and thought it was not bad but then on another run it really clicked with me and now I think it's probably the best beat-em-up I've ever played. The level of control you have over your character and the various moves each one has compared to other beat-em-ups really is amazing.

The Sengoku 3 High Score Challenge is now open.

I'll post a score shortly to get us started.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@masterLEON SENGOKU 3 is fine by me although I believe @Oorwullie is already quite the Master at it so expect it will be a case of catch-up for the rest of us πŸ˜‚

As for NAMCO MUSEUM. I have it and am ready and waiting to actually start including these titles in the weekly challenges. The sooner the better πŸ‘

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€|
Retro Gamer

DashKappei

Is the Strikers challenge over? I didn't even manage to ask how the gold lingots work... 200/2000 points, what's the deal with that?

Anyway my score is 370100 [1cc]
I tried for kicks the 2 continues this morning and scored 615k but I don't care about that.

Edit: managed to upload the pic.

Untitled

Also I own both Sengoku 3 and Namco Museum. I'm a decent Pac-Man player (Ms Pac-Man is my jam but it's not on Switch damn)

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

mauhlin12

@masterLEON Congrats on the victory and Sengoku 3 is a great pick! As for Namco Museum I don't own it yet but if a game from that collection was picked for a weekly challenge I'd pick it up. Been waiting for a price drop otherwise.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Corneel

Hi guys, what a great idea to have these weekly arcade challenges. I'll try to get a decent score in Sengoku 3. Please feel free to add me (already added some of you).

Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697
3DS friend code: 5387-0557-5917

Lroy

@Corneel Welcome buddy. Noticed from your activity log that you play a lot of arcade games and many of the weekly challenge picks. Great to have you here and thanks for posting πŸ‘

Retro Gamer

CW13

I've had Namco since launch, so I'm in for that if we ever do it. Love Dig Dug! Will pick up Sengoku 3 later tonight or tomorrow. It's been in my wish list, this'll give me reason! Congrats @masterLeon!!

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

DashKappei

Sengoku 3 eh? Nice, it'll give me a reason to actually learn to play it instead of just marveling at its pixel art

Also NOOOO to Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, such a disappointment after the godly first game.

I wish Hamster would hurry the heck up and release City Connection on Switch. Own it on PS4 and it's still a great game

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

mauhlin12

Untitled 135,600 is my early week high score. Would you look at that! This challenge just started and 3 of the top 7 are from this group. I think we'll have a monopoly on the top 5, maybe have 9 of the top 10 when all is said and done. Teach us your secrets @OorWullie ! Edit: 148,600 is new high score good enough for #3.

Edited on by mauhlin12

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

@mauhlin12 Crikey! The competition are running away with this one already, lol! Well played all.

Retro Gamer

Zkibu

I've been playing with Ninja guy. Reminds me the cool ninja from Strider and propably good character to learn the basics. I always begin the game in China. Are people starting in one of the two harder stages? I am relying in basic 3 and 4 hit sword combos and sometimes dash attacks. Was so close to beat the samurai boss but missed the dash special attack and then was out of time. Absolutely one of the finest beat em ups. Maybe even rivaling my favourite Turtles in time for SNES.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic