Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 3,493

AgentLA

@OorWullie

Yes, thanks for doing all this work on behalf of the group!

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

meppi64

@DashKappei Works for me.
And I couldn't agree more on absolutely everything else that you said as well, even if I tried.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

@mauhlin12 @Agent721 Cheers guys.

New High Score

Just had a go at Steredenn. Never made it past this boss before and this was the closest I've come to taking her out. 1 more round of rockets would have finished her off and shot me right up the leaderboard but nope, I blew it.

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

wasilewski

@OorWullie how do you embed your Twitter links like that?

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

OK that sounds good to me.

We complete this challenge with the rules as they are.

The Strikers 1945 open leaderboard shall be for single credit runs only.

Future challenges are single credit runs.

Right. @Oorwullie has spoken. Let's get back to the games πŸ‘

I'll post images of my best 'default settings' score on STRIKERS 1945 for this week's challenge and my best 1cc score for the Open Leaderboard later in the week.

Thanks to all again, who take part in these challenges and just as importantly - take the time to read and post in this thread. Love the community we have quickly built up around the Switch Arcade library. Has increased my enjoyment of the system tenfold.

Have a great day all 🍻

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

RetroGamerAndrew

I've been thinking about it and I decided to opt out from this one, as I suspect a good slice of the player-base won't take part to the competition under current rules. Please don't consider my current best score for leaderboard purposes.
Will get back next week for my arcade fix and to see what's going on.

GLHF everybody

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Now, now. Come on, tell the truth. It's because the sublime MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE has got its hooks into you. I keep tabs on your activity logs you lot πŸ˜‰

Seriously, that is one fantastic game. Actually, my favourite 'new release' title on Switch so far. Of course, ODYSSEY, SPLATOON 2, MK8 DELUXE are all phenomenal games but I was just so surprised at how much the core strategy mechanics clicked with me on MARIO + RABBIDS. Put 50 plus hrs into the story mode and am relishing the chance to pick it up again once the DK character and world DLC drops.

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy
Man... that game delivers. I'm literally GLUED to it! So proud it's been developed by UBISOFT Milan guys. I was suprised myself, but when I was about to buy my Switch one of my friends told me "Listen, Zelda and Mario Odissey are both spectacular AAA games of course, but if you want something differente you really HAVE to play Mario+RABBIDS... it's easily my favourite game on the platform, and that says it all", which of course took me by surprise... I was a little dubious because while I like tactical combat (and I have played my fair share of FF tactics, Disgaea, Tactics Ogre and the like) I'm still mostly a "brainless action" guy. Pulled the trigger at 39 euros and it turned out to be one of my best purchases!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Sing it paisan! I totally agree with that sentiment of the game feeling different and fresh. I know it borrows from the likes of XCOM etc. but it really does offer a unique kind of experience on a Nintendo platform. Those Milan peeps done us all proud πŸ‘

The game also scratches my strategy itch until FIRE EMBLEM Switch. So, so pumped for that one.

Zkibu

This might be an old question but how do you post a picture from Twitter here?

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

@Oorwullie What with all the recent discussion (all good and worthwhile mind), I've totally lost track of what the current standings are for this week's challenge.

Does someone mind posting a mid-week Leaderboard for the challenge based on the 'default settings' scores by the end of play tomorrow?

And the current 1c Scores posted for the Open Leaderboard?

Edited on by Lroy

GFoyle

If future challenges will be 1cc only, please consider applying that to games with caravan mode possibility as well, meaning I would prefer using the normal mode with 1 credit much more than using caravan mode. Caravan mode is way worse than having 2 extra credit for the "1 credit is more authentic arcade experience" argument. These games were not designed originally for this purpose and I personally feel this time limit is very artificial (and I personally don't find it fun at all).

I hope this 1 credit rule wont alienate new players in future. These games can be really brutal and most who participate in these challenges play the game for the first time when the decide to join. It can be quite frustrating when you are not getting anywhere with that 1 credit...

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

@GFoyle I might be misremembering but I think Caravan mode was chosen as it seemed to offer a kind of 'cap' to Scores keeping them closer together. Although I could well be mistaken.

OorWullie

@GFoyle Yeah like @Lroy says ,the Caravan mode was chosen to give everyone a fair chance.We could use High Score mode but then the gap in points between the best players and average skilled players will be massive , potentially putting some off from joining.Plus the 5 minute limit means it's less frustrating to have to restart. I think overall most folk are happy with it this way as more have joined up to take part.

We could also have a separate open leaderbaord for High Score Mode ,I'd be fine with that .

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie Actually, that's not a bad shout regarding adding High-Score Mode Leaderboards to all the games we've previously played. It gives us a great excuse to go back and have some more runs on the likes of PULSTAR, AERO FIGHTERS 2, SHOCK TROOPERS, MUTATION NATION, BLAZING STAR et al.

If it isn't too much of a pain for you. I'd be up for submitting some High Score Mode scores in the coming weeks and months.

AgentLA

@Lroy

Well said and I agree completely. It’s been real fun playing, challenging and connecting with everyone taking part in this thread and in the games. Most of my friends are PS or Xbox gamers, so it’s hard to find a community to take part in around the Switch, and even harder around old school arcade games, so this has truly been a value added experience for me.

Cheers!

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic