Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 3,493

DashKappei

I'm 40 and btw I'd love to see SNK's CR come out as well! The Hori stand is only €12 on Amazon, tho to use it in TATE you need to unplug the joycon on the bottom otherwise it's not very stable haha @meppi64

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

meppi64

@DashKappei And you call yourself old! I've got a whole year on you!
I'm gonna grab it when I can find another thing to order so I can combine shipping.
Perhaps that Arrow release of Big Trouble in Little China. Really loved their release of The Blob last year.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

Welcome to all the new recruits πŸ‘

@mauhlin12 You can still submit your scores for past weekly challenge games. Just post it in here and @oorwullie will add it to the ongoing leaderboards.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

mauhlin12

@Lroy Cool thanks for the heads up. And you must be a good luck charm because I received your friend request during my first 10M+ run. @OorWullie Thanks for the welcome it's really cool you started this. Glad to see the high score chasing community is more than alive and well and it's great to be a part of it and it gives me a reason to try to get better at a genre I'm usually not good at.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

@mauhlin12 Ha! Ha! Well played. Also it's not just shmups, we will consider challenges on any genre of arcade or modern arcade style game.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

DashKappei

Guys are you sure about the grazing AND collect of ghost bullets? To me it seems you just collect them but visually it looks like when you graze (sparks on the side). Also what's the difference between brake mode and trance mode?

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

Fafounet

Just gave a go to this game and by god I got trashed by the first and second boss. Any tips really welcome for a newbie like me. Nowhere near the high scores posted so far!!

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Jbs-Dad

@Fafounet stay as close as you can to the bullets, when they turn blue pick them up, keep your combo on the left side from hitting zero. That's the way I see it others maybe able to elaborate further. Concentrate and good luck 😎

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Fafounet

@Jbs-Dad Thanks. I think I may have been grazing way too close to these bullets! Will take a break and come back to it.

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

meppi64

DashKappei wrote:

Guys are you sure about the grazing AND collect of ghost bullets? To me it seems you just collect them but visually it looks like when you graze (sparks on the side). Also what's the difference between brake mode and trance mode?

No, not at all.
I don't even know where that came from.
From my experience it looks like the ghost bullets can't be grazed, just picked up.
But this counts towards your meters exactly the same as grazing live bullets.
So don't worry about it, just pick up as many as possible and graze lots of live bullets as well.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

wasilewski

To all the newcomers to the challenge - welcome!

Here is a handy guide, written by a French player called PROMETHUS, called The Full Extent Of The Jam. It's a guide to playing shumps, namely DoDonPachi, but these techniques can be applied to any game.

https://doc-14-78-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha...

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

RetroGamerAndrew

Wow! Nice to see so many new faces around I didn't expect DU3 to grab so much attention to be honest, but as always... the more the merrier!
Tonight if time allows I'm going to devote a couple of hours to this fantastic game... can't wait!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

meppi64

@masterLEON Bit late with the reply, but I didn't realise that there was so much to take into consideration when it comes to capture cards.
I'll just keep wishing for Nintendo to add a longer video capture system to their firmware.

meppi64

Jak3_Ry4n

Been lurking for a little while....first time poster.

34 years old and just picked up a switch almost a month ago for my birthday. The last Nintendo system I owned was the gamecube. Imagine my excitement when I saw this thread. I remember being a kid and seeing/playing my first shoot em up at the local bowling alley arcade in the 90's. Its name was Raiden 2 and Ive been a fan ever since.

Im not sure how to join you guys or even add a friend on the switch as of yet but Im working on it. I also have an Xbox and a PS4 but I felt like it was time to give Nintendo another chance. Love the portability of it all.

So if you will have me expect some scores being posted from my end.

Thanks guys/girls

Edited on by Jak3_Ry4n

Jak3_Ry4n

Switch Friend Code: SW-8149-4352-7221 | Nintendo Network ID: Jak3_Ry4n

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic