Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 3,493

masterLEON

@RetroGamerAndrew Congrats, man! It's a well deserved victory! And the stuffed toy gods have forsaken me

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

GrailUK

@RetroGamerAndrew Bravo! Great score.
@masterLEON Have you tried looking in Paris for your toys lol?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

masterLEON

@GrailUK Extra points in Paris? Surely, you jest!

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

Congratulations @RetroGamerAndrew , happy to see you win and not get pipped at the post on the final day Looking forward to seeing what your chosen game will be.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

RetroGamerAndrew

Here I am! Thanks everybody and grats to @masterLEON for the great score (with the right dolls dropping you could have easily reached if not surpassed my score!)
Really, really glad I managed to win this time mostly because MS1 I one of my all-time favourites and I've got some fond memories of teenager me and my friends playing it at the local bar .

On to the next challenge! My choice, if everybody feels the slightly higher price (and the screenshot thing for tracking scores) is not an issue, would be Danmaku Unlimited 3, as initially suggested by fellow masterLEON. The following rules apply:

• Spirit Mode
  • Medium difficulty settings
  • 1 credit
  • standard life-per-credit settings (I believe this means 2 extra lives, please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have my switch with me now)

Would it be fine for all? Let's discuss.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

OorWullie

@RetroGamerAndrew Great choice and no problem for me. Happy to finally try a non-Hamster release. I haven't really got into Danmaku Unlimited 3 yet but I will now.

Also happy to know I won't need to buy a new game. I was waiting to see if I did or not before purchasing Slayaway Camp.

Providing it's OK with everyone else, I'll add the new challenge to the leaderboard thread.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

wasilewski

Sounds good to me @RetroGamerAndrew, I also have Danmaku Unlimited 3 so this is a good one for me.

Also, congrats on winning the challenge ๐Ÿ‘

Edited on by wasilewski

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

@retrogamerandrew Well done mate, a great victory. And loving the custom arcade set-up @oorwullie
Thanks for sharing those pics๐Ÿ‘Œ

I've not played DANMAKU 3 much at all since buying it, so this now gives me a push to actually devote some playtime to it.

I may need help when it comes to posting an image but I'll save off asking until I actually have a score to post.

Hope all are well and have a great day.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

CW13

Sounds like a good choice to me! Congrats @RetroGamerAndrew. Stellar! And now that I know how to post pic, all good!

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

OorWullie

The new weekly challenge is now open.

Danmaku Unlimited 3
Spirit Mode
Medium Difficulty
1 Credit run
Default 2 Lives
(no shenanigans)

Please make sure you enter your initials after setting a score and post your screenshots here. If you need any advice on posting screenshots just ask.

Good luck everyone!

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/the_offici...

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

masterLEON

@RetroGamerAndrew DU3 and those settings are cool with me

And here's my Metal Slug run. Just one 50,000 toy away from the top 5. But I was also way behind scoring pace until the 2nd boss. I'm just happy that I was able to finish the 2nd Stage, and not lose the Slug at the boss. Man, that was close

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

Lroy

@masterLEON Thanks for posting a video again. I really enjoy watching these runs each week that you and others are able to share.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Jbs-Dad

Well done everyone on metal slug and congrats to the winner @RetroGamerAndrew . Looking forward to danmaku not put much time into it since release day.

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

meppi64

@OorWullie can live with that.

Just an initial score to get things started.

Untitled

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

@masterLEON Wow, that's such a crazy run! And it looks so much fun to play it like a crazy man like that!
I'll have to try that out in the future for sure!

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

wasilewski

@masterLEON nice run! Why do you hit the lever after youโ€™ve killed the parachute soldiers on the second level?

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Jbs-Dad

@meppi64 95 million?? Wow I've just hit 12 million, I've got a lot of chasing to do.

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

meppi64

@Jbs-Dad Oh, no, no. It's 45. The 4s in the game are a bit weirdly drawn. It'll take me quite a while to get near 90 million I think.

@wasilewski If you flip it twice, you get bonus points.

I really should get a capture card one of these days...
Are there stand alone capture cards that don't need a PC or something?
I've only got a Mac, so I'm not sure if that would work out well.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

OorWullie

Here I was about to post my first score thinking it was respectable.

Untitled

I just figured out that the couple of times I played it before I was playing it wrong. Keeping the beam firing on the bosses makes it so much easier to dodge in and out of the bullets, as well as taking it down quicker.

Also just realised turning wide mode off in TATE mode gives you the full screen. It looks superb but I suspect I'm making things harder for myself this way as it gives me a narrower window?

@gcunit I know you said you bought Danmaku Unlimited 3 but couldn't get into it. Well it's the game for this week's Weekly Challenge. Perhaps taking part will help you get into it. Be great to have you on board.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic