Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,047

wasilewski

Psikyo Collection Vol 1 is coming soon.....to Korea. I'm not sure if this will be a Korean only release, but it has some of the eShop games included on one cartridge - Strikers 1945, Sol Divide, Samurai Aces and Gunbird.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/13/psikyo-collection-vol-1-...

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

meppi64

@wasilewski It could be, but I'm hoping we'll at least see a Japanese one as well. Possibly a US one since it's Arc System Works?
The title reminded me of Toaplan Shooting Battle Vol.1 on PSone.
I really wish someone picks up the rights to all the Toaplan games and stars releasing all of them on Switch as well.
Sounds like the perfect job for ZedoDiv after they have worked their way through the Psikyo catalogue.
I would buy every single one!

edit:
Speaking of PSone. I took these a couple of weeks ago but never posted them.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Moroboshi876

Does anybody know which game is due to release tomorrow in ACA Neo Geo line?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Lroy

Moroboshi876 wrote:

Does anybody know which game is due to release tomorrow in ACA Neo Geo line?

I believe it is that League Bowling game?

This one: https://youtu.be/UWoGPJGjnAo

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Moroboshi876

@Lroy Yes, you're right, I think it's the one that remains of the last list they gave. I forgot.

I'm looking forward to see the names of the next batch.

SegaRacer

meppi64 wrote:

Oh absolutely!
I did find the time attack btw.
It's under Playtime, Race against the clock.
I thought playtime was only for creating and sharing tracks and such. It's only lap time though. No 3 lap races, which is weird. Gonna have to see if it's easier to do in PGR4. Can't remember.
Really like driving the Ferrari F50. Love the feeling of nearly losing control of such a powerful car, yet being able to keep it on the track if you get it right.
Couple of times with it in Tokyo:
Chinjuku Kabukicho Loop: 0.55.78
Bark to the Sun: 1.14.70
Shinjuku Speedway: 2.50.98

I can't believe it's been 4 months since we talked about this. Man, I guess I really have been busy lately.

Well, I had to go looking for this, but I finally got my 360 hooked up again tonight and gave it a few goes. I also downloaded Sega Rally Arcade and Bang Bang Racing as well.

Anyway, I was looking at my old times which were pretty bad and not even best among my friends. I've always loved racing games, but I never truly understood racing until watching and playing Formula 1. Since then I've been able to dominate my friends and have top times in all types of racing games. So, here's what I did on those three tracks:

Shinjuku Kabukicho Loop: 0.47.37
Bark to the Sun: 1.04.02
Shinjuku Speedway: 2.22.18

I used the Ferrari F50 as well for those runs. And speaking of Ferrari, I think I'll be playing some more OutRun as well now on the 360.

By the way, I still don't understand how the friends list works from XB1 to 360. But it looks like we need to add each other as friends on the 360 as well. I'll send an invite your way.

Hope all has been well!

SegaRacer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

AgentLA

It was my birthday this past weekend and my wife treated me to a surprise trip to San Francisco. While we were there we ran into a huge arcade museum, called Le Musee Mechanic, which had a ton of arcade games from every era imaginable. The highlight was seeing the old Gottlieb pinball machines as well as being able to play Deathrace, but a ton of other games were there and playable too. Below are some pics:

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@Agent721 Oh man, that MOON PATROL cab is glorious!

AgentLA

@Lroy

Ha, I figured you’d enjoy that one. The screen was in terrible shape, but I gave it a go. Also played the original Star Wars, Crusin USA, Alien vs Predator, Terminator, Street Fighter vs X-men and Death Race. It was a treat to see Death Race, as it’s legendary yet I had never seen one in person before. Many of the older tables, like the pinballs, were display only. Pretty cool museum to check out and it was free entry, just had to pay for the games.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@Agent721 I actually saw two Star Wars themed pinball machines out in the wild today. Alas, both display only. Wish I could have stumbled across an ALIENS vs. PREDATOR arcade cab.

AgentLA

@Lroy

It was awesome, I set the high score! Now that’s a game I’d love on the Switch.

Moroboshi876

Does anybody own Sky Skipper yet? What do you have to say about it?

meppi64

@CaffeinatedGamer
I didn't get a notification again, so I didn't know you had replied...
It's been a while since I played on my Xbox One besides some Zombie Army Trilogy with a buddy online, as I've been drowning in Switch releases ever since I got my hands on Ys. Not quite sure how long it's been now since I booted my 360, all that I know is that it was a Dodonpachi game that hooked me.
Got a new 360 game in the meanwhile actually! Shikigami no Shiro III which I missed out on for some reason when it came out. But I haven't even opened it yet since, again, way too many Switch games right now.
Those times are certainly a ton better than mine! I really need to get back to PGR one day...
Still having a bunch of health issues and just had a terrible week actually, but it seems to be getting better again luckily. Got another 2 month extension, so that will make it a full year now that I've been home on sick leave. Hopefully it'll be the last one...
When I turn my 360 on, the first thing I'll look for is your invite.

I rarely follow the board here nowadays, but I spend a lot of time on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord: https://discord.gg/ufMFfdr

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

bixente

I've been having a lot of fun with Jaleco's City Connection. So addictive.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Lroy

bixente wrote:

I've been having a lot of fun with Jaleco's City Connection. So addictive.

CITY CONNECTION is our current high-score challenge game. Please feel free to say hello and post your score in this thread: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/arcade_shm...

monkeyspasm

I've been skint lately after home improvements, but it looks like there are some decent arcade games out recently, it seems to be picking back up after a lull.

I bought Omega Fighter last week, next for me is either City Connection or Prehistoric Isle 2.

Edited on by monkeyspasm

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Moroboshi876

So I'm in an arcade streak lately and I've been purchasing arcade classics on my Switch in the past weeks. One of them is my first Johnny Turbo's Arcade title, Nitro Ball, and besides being fun, I have to say all my fears about this collection's emulation being worse than Hamster's were baseless.

I actually haven't noticed any problem, and video options are varied and interesting. No Hi-Score or Caravan Modes? OK, but in fact I rarely use them in my Hamster games. Maybe only on Xbox One (I bought some games for Xbox One because there some ACA Neo Geo games DO get on sale, at least last week) because of the achievements.

And dip switch options is something I don't usually mess with, because I like to keep the settings as they were originally.

So, what do I really miss about Johnny Turbo line? Well, if anything, maybe an option to limit your credits by coin inserting emulation (here you have unlimited credits, which should be an option, not the default and only way). Although I know it's silly, it recreates the feeling. And region switching as in Hamster's would be nice too.

Pleasantly surprised, maybe because I was expecting it to be worse than it is.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

AgentLA

@Moroboshi876

I do wish they had the high scores so you could compete with your friends. But overall they are serviceable. I do miss the achievements though from the other platforms. But I find myself playing a lot of the old arcade games in handheld mode more than tv mode now, via the switch. I almost prefer it now, which is weird given that I grew up with arcades and have a huge tv at home.

And will we ever see a NEO GEO sale in the eshop?!?!

Moroboshi876

@Agent721 Unfortunately my gamer friends don't seem very interested in these games, they have raspberries and play there. So high-scores are something I don't really need. But yes, would be nice.

Neo Geo games on sale last week on Xbox One were first entries and very few, but it makes possible to see more in the future. Honestly was hoping it was a publisher sale and see it on the eShop too, but no, it was for Xbox only.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic