Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,047

monkeyspasm

I've just listed them in batches of 10 at Β£45 a go (with one batch of 16 and one 12), a little cheaper than other listings as I want them gone and need the funds It's not really worth selling single issues as the postage kills it. I've kept the specials as they're my favourites and don't take up as much space

Edited on by monkeyspasm

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Lroy

@monkeyspasm Yeah, I tend to only keep the bookazine special issues.

Although really feel silly for basically throwing out all my old football, film and gaming mags many moons ago. In hindsight I may have got a pretty penny for them. Oh well, needed the space more than anything at the time - read the wife and kids needed the space, lol!

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

meppi64

@mauhlin12
Allright, time for something completely different, and really stupid.
As promised on the Discord, I have taken a couple of pics from my musou collection.
So it's time to all ridicule my taste in gaming!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

hybridseed

@meppi64 I'm in awe😨

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

meppi64

@hybridseed And there are still a couple more I'd like to pick up.
On Switch alone I still have the following on my wishlist:
Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2
Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada
Sangoku Musou 7 Empires

But these are Japan only and don't seem to come down in price at all.
Already preordered Warriors Orochi 4 on Switch because that one is bound to be incredible.

Koei Tecmo games sometimes aren't the most technically incredible, but they always end up having a lot of heart and are generally really fun.
Funny how they went from a developer that I pretty much ignored, to one of the publishers that I get a ton of games from and get really excited about new releases.
I really wish they would do a Toukiden Kiwami + Toukiden 2 port to Switch though, as I really love this series.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

Lumines is live! Go, go, go!

meppi64

hybridseed

@meppi64 Warriors Orochi 4 for Switch will be worldwide? Out of all the games in your pictures I've only got a hand full...

Hyrule and F.E Warriors, a few Dynasty Warriors and a Japanese Gundam Musou for ps3!!

Edited on by hybridseed

meppi64

@hybridseed
Yes it is.
Japan September 27, USA October 16th, Europe October 19.
Despite Base stating the end of August: https://www.base.com/buy/product/warriors-orochi-4-nintendo-s...
They have it up for €48 so I preordered there. Can't wait for it to come out as it's probably my favourite subset along with Samurai Warriors 4.

The Gundam Musou games are brilliant as well. As are the One Piece Pirate Warriors ones.
Some are better than others though. Those Fist of the North Star and Kamen Riders ones aren't all that great to be honest. Fun, nonetheless, but certainly much lower on the scale.

The Sengoku Basara games from Capcom are also super-fun, but only one came out here on PS3: Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes. The others are all Japan only and can be a little tough to figure out without some Japanese knowledge. The same goes for the KoeiTecmo Japanese only titles. But at least there have been a ton of English releases, so it's easier to figure out what does what exactly.

Really enjoyed Dynasty Warriors 8 as well. So sad how 9 turned out...

meppi64

monkeyspasm

@meppi64 Today's pickup - Manx TT

Untitled

I absolutely love it, but damn, I need the 3d analogue controller! I'd seen comments saying analogue is a must, but I love 90s Sega racers so thought I'd get it anyway. The steering angle increases the longer the d pad is held, so hold a millisecond too long and you're in the barriers all of a sudden! The masochist in me is trying to get by with the pad, and getting better each time.

Still, a great game, and pure nostalgia

I've eBayed Tomb Raider, Independence Day, Sonic Jam (huge 2d Sonic fan but I have them on MD, Xbox and a few other platforms), Destruction Derby, Firestorm and Quake. I was unsure about Quake as it's mint condition and a great conversion, but I don't think I'll play it. I only want to keep games I have a real affinity with or will play, as I have limited space. What I raise should see me over the line for the 3d controller

Kept Sega Rally, Manx TT, Virtua Fighter 2, Alien Trilogy, Worldwise Soccer 97, and Sim City 2000. Kept the last two as the discs are in poor condition / they won't fetch much.

Edited on by monkeyspasm

hybridseed

@meppi64 Actually, I've got a few that you mentioned, Fist of the North Star I really enjoyed on ps3, and I have a Basara game on PSP, (Japanese digital), and who hasn't got a couple of Dynasty Warriors in their collection!!

Pretty sure there's a new Fist of the North Star out for ps4 recently too..

Moroboshi876

I'm interested in Renegade, which is coming to the Arcade Archives line tomorrow, but I'd like to have confirmation whether it has the original Japanese version too. Hamster games usually do, but in this case it's very important, because they are different games. Skins matter. And Kunio-kun brand too.

I see it was released on PS4 years ago, but does anybody here know about my question based on that version? Thanks

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

meppi64

@Moroboshi876 Huh, now you have me wondering that as well....
Not the biggest fan of Renegade, but if we got the Kunio Kun version along with it, I'd need it.

@hybridseed
Yeah that new Fist of the North Star one is by the Yakuza team.
Which is bound too be really good.
Sadly, knowing them it'll be PS4 only again.
The Fist of the North Star Musou is't bad, but it does feel really stiff for some reason, which is kinda weird as how normal musou games usually flow so well.
I wonder how that Berserk one plays. Still need to pick it up.

@monkeyspasm ManxTT is really great.
I played it pretty much only with the regular controller and didn't have much trouble with it, although it's certainly a lot easier with an analogue one, once you get the hang of it.
It's a little like the Sega Rally Saturn and PS2 ports. The Saturn one is digital only, while the PS2 one has analogue support. Yet I keep returning to the Saturn game time and again.

That's actually not a bad idea to just keep the games you really connect with.
I should have done the same instead of grabbing everything that looks interesting to me...now I have way too much stuff.
Still I can't see myself ever doing away with any of my Saturn or Dreamcast stuff. Nor Mega Drive, Game Boy, GBA, DS, 3DS, Vita, SNES, N64, GameCube, Neo Geo Pocket, ......aw crap..... lol Guess I'll just keep everything.

Btw, you should really join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/ufMFfdr
The app works really well on any device, or you can just use the browser version.
It's a lot easier and quicker, especially for doing online gaming or some quick advice.

meppi64

Lroy

Yeah @monkeyspasm we miss you on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord. See @naviandmii 's Forum signature for a link to the Discord.

EDIT: Doh! @Meppi64 has already given you a link πŸ˜‚

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

monkeyspasm

Nice one chaps, I'll get signed up

hybridseed

@Moroboshi876 You want to get some of the Kunio games for Japanese 3ds, some excellent ones to choose from.. Did you import a console yet btw??

@meppi64 Got a demo of the new Fist of the North Star, think you're right that it's ps4 only,' played it once for a short while but have barely played ps4 this year, I'll be going back on it soon to check out the new night clubs coming to GTA Online... Hopefully there'll be some Vice City style massacres πŸ˜‚

Edited on by hybridseed

Moroboshi876

@hybridseed I haven't yet. Maybe I'll hack mine if I'm able to do it. But strangely enough it was yesterday that I thought about looking into that Kunio-kun compilation that we didn't get in Europe. Besides, I think modern Kunio-kun games for 3DS got a retail release in Japan, so all this would be something to hack the 3DS for / buy a Japanese one.

EDIT: I see the 11 games compilation for 3DS is also on Switch. And it includes some Western versions. That would be easier to play in Switch considering the region-free. I'll look into it.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

hybridseed

@Moroboshi876 Can you send a link to that for Switch? I haven't seen it.. if I had and it's already out it'd be in my house!

hybridseed

@Moroboshi876 A great bonus for owning a Japanese 3ds is that you don't need a middle man such as Play Asia to fund your Switch Japanese eShop account, just have your accounts linked, fund with your card on 3ds and you have Β₯ to spend on Switch☺

Moroboshi876

@hybridseed Well, actually I would buy it retail, so that wouldn't be a problem. Anyway it seems it will be released this Fall.

Moroboshi876

I'm afraid Renegade on Arcade Archives WON'T come with the Japanese version, according to this video of PS4 release. Here

That's a shame, considering Hamster games usually come with both versions, and even three (Arcade Archives Donkey Kong). It's kind of a deal-breaker to me, sadly.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic