Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,047

OorWullie

Really looking forward to Gunbird 2. Considering how much I love Tengai, Strikers 1945 and Dragon Blaze I know I'm in for a real treat. Hopefully Strikers 1945 III is around the corner.

Such a shame they don't have online leaderboards though.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

CroRock

wasilewski wrote:

Gunbird 2 is coming soon!! Anyone else looking forward to this game?

I was not so hyped because I have it on my iPhone and it plays great on touchscreen BUT.. since I lost my progress twice this month (friking bug I guess) and need to start it all over again to lvl up and buy other fighters.. I’ll seriously consider getting it for Switch.
My only concern is towards Zerodiv laziness in porting because messy leaderboards! It so annoying! I can’t believe they can release game like Tengai with no separate leaderboards! That being said.. I’m playing Tengai a lot lately so how can I submit my score for open leaderboard? Is my word enough (since you can’t even check scores lol) or should I take screenshot after finishing a game with my highest on default settings?

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

CroRock

OorWullie wrote:

Really looking forward to Gunbird 2. Considering how much I love Tengai, Strikers 1945 and Dragon Blaze I know I'm in for a real treat. Hopefully Strikers 1945 III is around the corner.

Such a shame they don't have online leaderboards though.

I agree for games except Strikers.. that game never clicked with me, I don’t know why. Playing 1st and 2nd on iPhone but if they had online leaderboards I would surely buy them on Switch and give them another chance. Also Aca Samurai is great on iPhone too, but I guess Zerodiv doesn’t want my money.

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

meppi64

I bit my tongue the first couple of times, but now I just have to throw my hat into the ring and say that I strongly dislike this lazy developer narrative.
From all the years I've spent playing, watching, reading and listening to games, books, documentaries, interviews, etc concerning pretty much everything in this industry, it is clear how this hobby chews up and spits out talented people by the thousands. Working them to the bone, destroying personal lives with deadlines and crunch time, where they barely do anything day in and day out than to work their butts and often not even go home for days or weeks on end, only to create the best possible games they can make so we can enjoy our little hobby.
Yet they get looked down upon, ridiculed or called lazy because of a little thing that only a very tiny niche is even interested in?
It's quite frankly offensive.
We should be thankful that there are so many people out there slaving away and despite the terrible work environments still want to try and give us a bit of joy.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

CroRock

@meppi64
LOL!!!
They got payed for their job.. just like you and me you know. I have business with vending machines.. I work my ass off too you know.. to give my costumers best possible coffe they can get for their money!
Don’t defend someone for quick money grab. Nobody is forcing them to make games. They can choose to be and to work whatever they want. Look at Nicalis and their games on Switch. You can’t ask for more, everything is there.
So please don’t defend laziness.
I gave Cave inc. a lot of money for their games on iOS when games costs 1$ top.. and I am not right to call them lazy and other names because not updating games (more then 60$ worth in my case) for iOS 11 and not answering my mails?! It’s not my fault if they can’t run a business like they shoud!
And because of their stupidness, I can’t play my all time favorite shumps/bullet hells ever again on my phone! Just like other thousands of people who payed them money.
I got my health issues too because hard working for my money and when I pay something I want to get most from it. In the case of Zerodiv I think I have right to call them lazy so please.. 🤐

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

meppi64

Never thought I'd use the ignore button on a message board.
Guess there's always a first time...

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

GFoyle

Maybe if a lot of us would write a mail about those leaderboards (+ ability to select stage order as in Tengai and why not add those save points similar to what Hamster does).

I'm glad that they did those ports, price is great as well but it's really strange that those are missing those basic features, which are quite important for shmups. They managed to build the whole zero gunner 2 from scratch and sell it with the same prices, which definitely doesn't sound lazy to me. Maybe there is some stupid licence issue behind all this?

Definitely getting Gunbird 2. I have it on my iphone as well, but I was expecting it to come to switch sooner or later so I decided not to play it. I think it will be my favourite of theirs in addition to Dragon Blaze, Tengai and Strikers 1, 2.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

CroRock

Yea, please do ignore me..

this guy really live in his own world thinking someone slaving to port games they didn’t make to give us a “bit of joy”. What about children slaving and not getting anything for their work besides beating?! But let’s call developers a slaves working in horrible environment lol.
Tbh here.. They don’t gave us anything, they make money from it. I’m sorry for you if you don’t get paid adequately for your work but you being frustrated doesn’t mean I shouldn’t say out loud what bothers me.
There are so many great developers who deserves much more but also there are so many more of them who deserves nothing. I’m not saying Zerodiv is in second group but they could do better with their work.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

meppi64

@GFoyle It's worth a try.
From the times I've contacted them, they have always been super friendly and have actually put in features that I asked for, like configurable buttons for arcade sticks and such.

Although such an option is much easier to implement than an in game scoreboard, which tracks different parameters such as the ship used, especially since a button config is built in on the emulator level and was present in some of their other games, while a specific leaderboard would have to be programmed into the game itself, which can get a bit messy, especially since they didn't program the originals.

meppi64

Lroy

I'm really looking forward to GUNBIRD 2. It has potential to be my fave Psikyo game. Will have to wait on the wishlist along with DONKEY KONG and all the others I add weekly 😂

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

meppi64

@Zkibu
Ah, so that's what happened!
When I received the friend request, my first thought was: wait! I'm not on Switch, am I?

Be sure to grab Sunset Overdrive as well. I paid a rediculously low €8 for my copy, brand new!
Might want to give Trials Fusion a go as well. It gets really tough, but the learning curve, despite it getting super steep (pun intended), is so satisfying once you are able to do certain things that seemed impossible before.
Zombie Army Trilogy is another often forgotten gem. Quite rough around the edges, but again, super fun. It's actually 3 games in one.
Oh and you might want to check out EDF2017 since 2025 isn't backwards compatible at this point. One of my favourite series.
The complete collection for Killer Instinct is only 10€ at the moment, but I don't think it'll last much longer.

As for other BC titles, it might be best to just check out the list on Xbox.com as there are tons on there worth picking up. The Geometry Wars games for instance or Guwange.

And yes, you can rather easily buy Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron.
All you need is $70 worth of point cards. A random US address to fill in when you change regions. (Pick something like a university in Oregon, since that state doesn't have an extra online sales tax).
Then go to your profile on Xbox.com switch your location setting to the USA, enter the address, redeem your point cards, look up the games, and buy them.
Then change back your profile to the UK and you're all set.

meppi64

GFoyle

@meppi64

Where do you suggest buying those point cards, I read somewhere that some web stores, like amazon would have started to block purchases of those point cards, which would be paid with foreign credit card / paypal using such card?

Btw. those Garegga and Feveron are available also in German store (hard to understand why in some countries and not in others in EU). Still the same thing applies.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

meppi64

@GFoyle I had no idea they were on the German store! That would probably be a much easier way to buy them.
It might have to do with a certain EU law that requires a product to have its description be in the language(s) of the country it's sold it.
That's what kept Bloodstained CotN to not be available for 2 weeks in the Benelus for example, and what held up the release of the Pinball Arcade on Switch in Europe.
Although, I can't imagine those two shoot em ups being for sale in Germany and not the UK. :-/
Might be publisher related in that case...

I bought my US cards here: https://livekaarten.be/xbox-gift-card-70-usd since they let me buy the exact amount I needed and I used them before, so I know they are trustworthy.
They will probably send you a message or 2 via email to make sure that you're the owner of the credit card or Paypal account you use to buy items there though.
Don't worry when you get the request, it's normal.

meppi64

Zkibu

@meppi64 Thanks for the game tips. Gonna try out Sunset via game pass. Definitely gonna track down EDF 2017 and Trials Fusion. I prefer physical if it's possible. I tried to find Killer Instinct definitive edition but seems like it is still quite pricey and not available in many Online stores. However digitally it's only 10€ right now, so I might just pull the trigger.

@GFoyle It is not possible to buy point cards in Microsoft Store?

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

GrailUK

HOLY MOLEE! Have you seen the Donkey Kong high scores! I'm paddling at around 20th on international caravan with about 30K. 1st place has 56K! Witchcraft lol There are already some amazing videos on YouTube. I guess I have a lot to learn about this game.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

meppi64

@Zkibu Hehe, I know what you mean.
Even though I have a ton of digital games, I vastly prefer physical versions.
That's one of the few things PS4 has over Xbox, it's easier to do ver small runs of indie games, so many companies have jumped on board the limited releases.
Really wish we got that on Xbox as well...

Just looked it up and I've had my One S just over 2 months.
So far this is my physical haul.

Untitled

I'm gonna start to either make a bit of room or buy another cabinet soon.

Killer Instinct is really fun, although I've completely forgotten how to play the series since the last time I played it was KI Gold on N64 following the years of it's release.
Really looking forward to the new Dead or Alive as well.

GamePass is so great. Not just is it super convenient, I also use it to try out a ton of games that I'm not sure about. In case of Mad Max for instance, which I think is gone now, I saved a bit of money as I didn't like what I played. Ver generic and quite clunky, but the worst of all was that the driving controls especially had a large amount of what seemed to be input lag, so I got motion sickness from playing it...
Glad I didn't buy that one myself.

@GrailUK
I've picked up the game, but haven't booted it up yet.
From what I've seen on the Treehouse stream, it seems to be full of scoring exploits that are being used by score chasers, so I'm not surprised in the least. Especially since it's a game with a huge high-score following. Perhaps, one of the biggest ones, due to all the publicity with King of Kong and such.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

GrailUK

@meppi64 I swear, if 1st place is just jumping and pressing left at Donkey Kong for 5 mins...they are welcome to the score lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

meppi64

@GrailUK you read my mind! lol
I'll still enjoy the game, but I won't be going for online high scores that way.
I'll just play it like in the arcade and try to beat my own scores that way.

meppi64

meppi64

@Zkibu oh, and before I forget, you only have 2 weeks left to buy Williams pinball tables in the Pinball Arcade.
So if you have any interest in pinball at all, be sure to pick up at least the first 2 season packs as there are a ton of incredible tables in those two that will be gone forever really soon.

meppi64

Zkibu

@meppi64 Nice looking collection in 2 months! Just downloaded Killer Instinct Definitive Edition. Thank you so much for reminding PInball Arcade. I had this feeling that I have forgotten something. Absolutely gonna pick that up and those Bally/Williams tables. Nice to have some more tables. Lately I've been trying to master Genie and Ripley's Believe it or not on my Switch.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic