Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,047

Moroboshi876

According to Nintendo Everything, and surprisingly because the Ikegami Tsushinki lawsuit prevented Nintendo from releasing the arcade version, and without any previous announcement, TOMORROW we'll have Arcade Archives Donkey Kong available on Switch.

Tears of joy.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

meppi64

@Moroboshi876 Oh man, gonna grab that one before it gets pulled down again for sure.
Not that I'm expecting it to happen, but I don't want to take any chances.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Moroboshi876

@meppi64 Given that all arcade archives (and ACA Neo Geo) require internet access to upload the scores -and unfortunately can't keep them in order to upload them when you have access-, could it be possible that a game taken down after purchase won't work anymore? Or is it a problem with leaderboards only? I think one or two arcade classics have been erased from the eShop since it started on Switch, is it right?

Edited on by Moroboshi876

monkeyspasm

Hmm, I'm not sure personally. Donkey Kong is great, but really needs a 4 way stick, ladders will be a pain. So does Pac Man, but no-one ever seems to complain about that. I loved Namco Museum, but Pac Man is always borderline unplayable on these compilations due to inputs getting muddled. These games REALLY don't need the ambiguity of diagonals.

Having said that - the 4 Joy Con D-Pad buttons should be more usable than the stick as they're more separate inputs. May take some getting used to.

Edited on by monkeyspasm

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

OorWullie

@Moroboshi876 Donkey Kong Arcade? Wow! I had to read your comment 3 times to make sure I was reading that correctly. Incredible news!

TATE mode DK

@monkeyspasm I think the Joy-con buttons work surprisingly well for Pacman. I struggle with the Pro and 8-bitdo though, especially the Pro. I will be sticking to the Joy-con for DK

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Moroboshi876

@OorWullie Yeah, I'm incredibly happy too. I really hope it wasn't a prank of a hacker, but according to Nintendo Everything it was in the Nintendo Europe PR document released today. Strangely enough, Nintendo Life hasn't acknowledged it nor has released the article with European releases and sales.

monkeyspasm

@OorWullie - I agree, the joy con buttons should be better.

TATE mode has probably added it to my list!

I'll be getting Super Sidekicks 3 later despite owning the other 2, as it plays really well

Edited on by monkeyspasm

meppi64

@Moroboshi876
As far as I'm aware, there is not a single Switch game that has any kind of online drm, so in the worst case scenario, all we'd lose would indeed be the leaderboards.
But then again, I'm pretty sure these ACA leaderboards don't have servers on a game by game basis, so unless Hamster pulls support overall, I don't think we'd even need to worry about that. Can't confirm that though.
The only games that can't be played without Internet acces are things like Fortnite since it's an always online game. Well, unless it has some sort of offline mode with bots or something, but I haven't played it yet, so again, I can't state anything definitive.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

Oh my! It was just announced on theTreehouse stream that we'll be getting the Japan only Sky Skipper as an ACA release as well.
While it's not Popeye, which I would love to see released, but will probably never happen, it's certainly something special.

meppi64

mauhlin12

I was jumping on to see if you guys saw Arcade Archives Donkey Kong and it looks like the news is out. Weren't there legal issues preventing Nintendo from releasing it all these years? Either way get it now before it gets delisted (again.) Also how about Gunbird 2 on June 21? We've got some post-Ikaruga weekly challenge possibilities coming right up!

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

monkeyspasm

Oh wow, Super Sidekicks 3 is so good. I love the first 2, but 3 just has a better 'flow'. You can actually score from normal shots, without the usual arcade soccer 'cross, then bicycle kick'. Near enough perfect arcade footy IMO.

Zkibu

Oh boy! I just bought myself a brand new Xbox. Already too much to play with all the current and coming (Gunbird 2 this month and Donkey Kong!) amazing arcade gems on the Switch and backlog full of massive games like Hyrule Warriors. I tricked myself into believing that it is going to be investment for the future so I don't miss the Halo Infinite . Pretty much gonna skip all the basic yearly AAA software and dig more deeply with the backwards compatible games. Right now I have the Horizon 3 with Hot wheels DLC edition which is awesome game and ordered Halo 5, Forza 6 and Gears remastered. They were all under 10€! Incredible. I bought also the Sega Mega Drive Classics. interestingly seems like that there is a way to play Dangun Feveron and Battle Garegga on the system even without the EU releases.

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

GFoyle

@Zkibu I get manage get those Dangu Feveron and Battle Garegga on xbone, I'm interested to find out what it took (these days, some of the instructions i have read could be outdated). I was thinking about it myself too, but thought to wait and see a bit if some miracle those would come to switch which I currently prefer for shmups.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Zkibu

@GFoyle I sent you a friend request on Xbox. I found a guide on reddit which seems legit. I remember that earlier someone mentioned here that we are quite spoiled with Psikyo's pricing because Garegga and Dangun costs 34,99$ each.

Zkibu

GFoyle

@Zkibu Ok!

From my understanding, those games are not just ports, but have extra stuff / improvements included (https://m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/feature.php) unlike zerodiv's which are almost like bare bones ports. I wouldn't have issue paying even those amounts for great shmups in general, I think it's probably better commercially to make them cheaper and get more people buying them

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

wasilewski

Gunbird 2 is coming soon!! Anyone else looking forward to this game?

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Zkibu

@wasilewski absolutely, Gunbird 2 is propably my favourite in Psikyo's shmups. Sadly after this there isn't that many games left in Psikyo's library.

Zkibu

wasilewski

@Zkibu I'm hoping to see Space Bomber next and maybe Canon Spike, although it was published by Capcom so it looks very doubtful.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Zkibu

@wasilewski definately those two. I am also interested in Strikers 3. Never played it but looks good

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic