Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,047

OorWullie

Just spotted on Twitter that Hamster will reveal their next batch of Neo Geo games and Arcade Archives today at around 11am UK time. They said it will be an 'SNK Special' so perhaps we'll get some of those pre-Neo Geo releases they talked about before. But wouldn't those all be on the upcoming SNK collection?

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie Any announcement yet?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

@Lroy Just checked the video stream and they're announcing them now but the titles are in Japanese. All I know is one of them received a big round of applause.

Edit : One of them is Super Sidekicks 3 and releases next week.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Zkibu

@OorWullie Any sign of R-Type?

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

OorWullie

The next batch of Neo Geo games are

The Last Blade 2
Money Idol Exchanger
The Super Spy
League Bowling

SW-6101-8403-1640

GrailUK

@OorWullie Last Blade 2! Droooool! So many beatemups getting released. Nomnomnom.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Lroy

@OorWullie That doesn't surprise me. SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 and 4 are even more successful in capturing the vibe of 90s World Cup fever so evident in 2.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

The Last Blade 2
Money Idol Exchanger
The Super Spy
League Bowling

@Meppi will be pleased πŸ˜‰

Lroy

@Meppi64 So did Microsoft reveal anything you're excited about? I haven't caught up with any E3 press conferences yet. I'm pretty much Nintendo exclusive at this point but just curious what the other side had going on for you fellas that are platform agnostic πŸ˜‰

EA have had their press conference. Any good?

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

@Lroy MS conference starts in about three hours, so I'm watching some more NJPW right now.
I'm hoping for a good showing for Crackdown 3 as that game has a chance of being a ton of fun.
Hopefully Forza Horizon 4 will be set in Japan since that would be such a gorgeous map to race in between the cities and countryside.
Would love to see Sunset Overdrive 2 be announced but that'll likely never happen since the first one didn't sell that well.
Real shame as it's probably the most Dreamcast style game we've seen this generation.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

Lroy wrote:

OorWullie wrote:

The Last Blade 2
Money Idol Exchanger
The Super Spy
League Bowling

@Meppi will be pleased πŸ˜‰

Oh my fracking God!
That is incredible!
Now I nay need Puzzle de Pon and R on it along with Nuclear Throne and this will be the perfect console!

Although, I'd come up with another bunch of games I'm sure.

The EA conference was a complete waste btw.
Even their Battlefield 5 presentation was worthless. The random youtubers that put up BF5 content up did a better job than EA. lol

Edit.: I always wanted to have League Bowling and Last Blade 2 is fantastic, so the next weeks will be terrific!

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

Anyone thinking of getting the Neo-Geo Mini? Due to the tiny screen it has gone with, I'm more leaning now toward just buying all the Neo Geo games I want on Switch? Already bought many of the titles announced for these system skews.

Edited on by Lroy

Daftbomb

@meppi64 Never played Nuclear Throne, but really keen to try it... do you think theres any chance Vlambeer will port it to switch?

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

meppi64

@Daftbomb it's one of my favourite new games this gen.
I really want to see it on another portable besides Vita so more people can play it.
It a very pure game in its setup and really nails that old arcade feel while being a modern rogue-lite game, which seems like something that's near impossible to achieve.

I personally believe there is a really good chance of it coming to Switch since Rami himself seemed excited when support for the game creators kit, or whatever it's called, which runs all kinds of great 2D indie games was announced earlier this year for Switch.
I believe it should be available to developers this summer, so hopefully we'll see a ton of games get ported soon after.

Seeing how all these indies on Switch have been outperforming pretty much every other system combined, I think a ton of support is a given.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Daftbomb

@meppi64 that sounds mighty promising! Heres hoping.

Curious to know which of all the retro games that have been released so far are considered the best in their genre, any particular favourites you folks would recommend as must-buys?

So far I have Metal Slug 3, Strikers 1945 2, Ikaruga and if it remotely counts Mighty Gunvolt Blast..

Daftbomb

OorWullie

@Daftbomb For me Tengai and Strikers 1945 are must buys as is Pulstar. Sengoku 3 is just superb as beat'em ups go. For a top down run and gun, Shock Troopers has to be one of the best. Just don't play it as a score chaser as it's bloody frustrating then.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Daftbomb

@OorWullie am I right in thinking both strikers 1 and Tengai have really questionable leaderboards? The lack of strict leaderboard scoring of the psikyo games is really offputting.

Very tempted by Pulstar, either that or Last Resort... Pulstar is better would you say?

Also interested in a NeoGeo beat em up, was considering KoF 98, will have a looksee what Sengoku 3 looks like

EDIT: lol, wasnt expecting it to be that kind of beat em up, just got Raging Justice ... undecided on whether I like it

Edited on by Daftbomb

Daftbomb

OorWullie

@Daftbomb While Sengoku 3 is a beat 'em up it has a lot in common with 1v1 fighters. The range of moves and the combo system are far more complex than you would usually find in a beat'em up,so it doesn't feel repetitive like other games in the genre. Really satisfying game to play I think.

Pulstar over Last Resort definitely. I like Last Resort but find it a little frustrating. It struggles to hold my attention for long compared to others. Pulstar jsut has something about it. It looks and sounds amazing , has brilliant power ups and is great to play as a score chaser.

You're right about the leaderboards for Tengai and Strikers 1945,they're flawed. Strikers 1945 does separate the difficulty levels and if you use continues then a number will be at the end of your score to indicate that, so it's not too bad really. Tengai's leaderboard is weak though but the game is so good it can be forgiven. Plus there is the open leaderboard scores to chase.☺️

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

So, Nintendo's E3 Direct is less than an hour away. Any chance of some retro/arcade goodness getting shown off or announced? Unlikely. But we can dream.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic