Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,047

Lroy

If it's a Bar Top Arcade that is awesome! Hope the sticks are top quality.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

@Lroy I think my Switch in my little cabinet will be the closest I ever get to owning a bar top arcade. I really couldn't justify spending around a grand on something like that.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

RetroGamerAndrew

I think a mini-AES whould've been way better tbh... I know, I love MVS cabs, but still...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@OorWullie Yeah, most likely the closest I'll get too.

Confusing thing is, I've seen prices all over the place for custom build Arcade Cabs. Some say don't pay more than £500. Some say do it yourself for £300. Others are asking for like £5,000. Seems to be a minefield for the casual, non-collector, non-technical/engineer/carpenter enthusiast like me ☺️

Honestly, If someone can hook me up with a Bar Top Arcade (most likely for MAME/Final Burn Alpha purposes) that was finished to a high standard and was literally plug in and play. I'd find a Β£1,000 if that's what it cost.

GrailUK

I wonder if they finished Dragon's Heaven and will include it. (Like Star Fox 2)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

I did it. I caved and pre-ordered the SNK 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition from NIS Europe. I seem to be on some kinda retro high right now with the things I have been pre-ordering lately. Or, more accurately - there's just so much retro goodness coming out this year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Zkibu

Anybody know why Star Force is currently unavailable in European eshop?

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

AgentLA

@meppi64

Just sent you an XBL friend invite....AgentLA.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@meppi64

Ha, you had already sent me one a few days ago and I somehow never saw it.

Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

meppi64

@Agent721 My copy of the book has already shipped!
Didn't expect it to be so quick. Guess I'm used to waiting month or even half a year till I get something like this from Kickstarter projects that I didn't even realise it was in stock and ready to go.

And yeah, I sent a request when I got my system.
No idea how friend requests work as it seems to be easy to miss it, or maybe not eve get them at all.
Been playing all kinds of stuff already. Lot's of Forza Horizon, a little of Sunset Overdrive, now that's a wild game!
Bit of Zombie Army Trilogy, bit of Trials Fusion. Just tried out Horde 3.0 is Gears 4 and I love it! Not gonna play it till my buddy gets his system next week. And I just started Halo 5, 3 levels in and I'm starting to dig it.
Not my favourite Halo so far, but it's still early. Perhaps I shouldn't have started on Normal...
Oh, played a bit of SSX3 as well and I have Orta and Crimson Skies waiting in the wings, along with 20 other games I have yet to install. Certainly a gaming overdose this week.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@FragRed Fair play buddy. My wallet could only extend to the standard edition. Really looking forward to hearing more about the games line-up and seeing actual game-play on Switch.

Lroy

Zkibu wrote:

Anybody know why Star Force is currently unavailable in European eshop?

Is it? I think @OorWullie bought it as recently as last week. I got it couple weeks before that. Classic game.

Lroy

@meppi64 You've still not accepted my PSN friend request 😜

AgentLA

@meppi64

I LOVE SUNSET OVERDRIVE!!! I can’t beleive I forgot to mention that great exclusive to you earlier on. That game is crazy but fun, with the whole grinding mechanic really working out once you get the hang of it. Oh and those weapons...clearly the Rachet & Clank team did this game.

I have Gears 4 as well so if you want to do some Horde mode, send me an invite. Me & my wife actually have beaten all the Gears together except 4.

FYI, my wife watches TV & Media content under my log in so if you ever send me a message and I don’t reply, she’s the one who’s actually logged on.

Glad you’re enjoying it, I’ll look to catch some games with you soon.

AgentLA

@Lroy @Agent721

I’m on there too, but not too often. What do you guys play?

Lroy

@Agent721 @Meppi64 I mainly use my PS3 for blu-ray or other video watching purposes and my Vita has gathered dust since the advent of Switch. Although I still play some retro and arcade games on both from time to time.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@Lroy

Oh, OK. I have quite a few Sega Genesis, or Megadrive games for you guys, on my PS3, as well as Crazy Taxi, Sega Rally Chanpionship and a few others. I still have it plugged in so if you guys ever want to game, let me know.

meppi64

@Lroy Guess I'll have to actually boot up the old Playstation first to be able to see that.
I'm not even sure the last time I played it. All I know is that I haven't played anything but EDF 5 on it in what feels like 6 months or even more.
I'll need to check and clean up my external HDD, with the selling of all the 3rd party games and all. 4TB will be way too much now, so I'll swap it with a smaller one since I'm only going for exclusives on it from now one.

@Agent721 Only payed a couple of missions and I'm still struggling with the controls a bit.
But certainly not as much as I thought I was going to going by the impressions of the first 10 minutes. So the learning curve seems to be quite easy. Perhaps it's just all those years of playing Jet Set Radio that's paying off now.
I've played through Gears 1,2 and 3 with my buddy as well when he had a 360.
To my surprise, when I showed him 4 on Youtube before he could get the system to me, I think it was on Digital Foundry, he immediately went "oh sh that looks amazing!".
A week later and his PS4 is sold and tomorrow he'll go pick up his One if all goes well.
But he can't really play during the weekends with the wife and kids and all, so we'll probably start GoW campaign on Monday. He actually already showed my he picked up Gears 1 UE today.

Really surprised at how cheap the games are as well.
Paid 8€ for Sunset Overdrive. 12 for GoW1, and under 20 for Sleeping Dogs, Zombie Army, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2, Rare Replay, Batman, Metal Gear and 5 for Titanfall 2, for instance.
Got Game Pass as well and I don't know what to try out first now, lol.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

SegaRacer

@meppi64 With all those games you bought plus Game Pass, it's going to be very difficult to stay with just one game. But Game Pass is so worth it with so many good titles to play for such a little monthly price.

I would totally be down for Gears 4 at some point. There's still achievements I want to get in the game from Horde mode. Let me know if you guys set a time and I'll see if it will work for me.

SegaRacer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic