Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 601 to 620 of 10,553

NintendoByNature

Not sure if it'll do anything but I've been catching fish from other islands and dumping them into ponds and steams on my island. Only problem is they're salt water fish and I'm dumping them into fresh waters lol. I'm smuggling fish and it should be illegal haha.

Follow up to that, is what im doing actually bringing those fish to my island or were they going to come anyway?

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Fish spawn in certain conditions and environments through RNG. You can't import foreign fish and build a new population or something like that.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah well that stinks. I thought i was outsmarting the game haha. I figured it was like planting Palm trees which I brought back coconuts for. This game is so pleasantly surprising and full of secrets. And reading what everyone is posting is teaching me as well. Excited to eventually get more fruits and new craftable items too. So far all i have is apples, oranges and soon to be coconuts on my island( at least for fruit).

NintendoByNature

BrittGOAL14

@NintendoByNature Feel free to add me, but I won’t be on until tomorrow. I can bring fruit - only ones I don’t have are apples and oranges!

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature I just sold all my fruits, but when they regrow, I can give you the ones you're missing.

NintendoByNature

@BrittGOAL14 how does that exactly work? The giving you fruits part? And I grew some orange trees today. Not sure how long it'll take until they're grown so i should've clarified..but I do have apple trees for sure.
@Ralizah Thanks! Read my comment to Britt. Do i just go to your island and grab stuff off of your trees? And vice versa?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Mountain_Man

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Ralizah well that stinks. I thought i was outsmarting the game haha. I figured it was like planting Palm trees which I brought back coconuts for. This game is so pleasantly surprising and full of secrets. And reading what everyone is posting is teaching me as well. Excited to eventually get more fruits and new craftable items too. So far all i have is apples, oranges and soon to be coconuts on my island( at least for fruit).

I think fruit is the only thing you have to go out of your to collect. All fish and bugs are native to your island. In other words, you can't go to someone else's island and catch a fish or bug that you couldn't have eventually caught at your own. I also don't think the spawn rates differ per island, so the chance of finding a particular fish or bug is the same for everybody.

The Mountain Man

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Well, when my fruit come in and I'm ready for you to arrive, I'll drop off the fruits by my port. Or I can come to your town and leave them by your dock. Either way. I won't be able to spare a ton, but you'll be able to plant one of each kind of fruit tree this way.

Tomas

JNVN4 UP FOR 5 MIN

Tomas

WristbandXtreme

Looking to build an awesome island and meet some awesome new friends on Animal Crossing New Horizons!

WristbandXtreme

Switch Friend Code: SW-1947-3703-5300 | My Nintendo: Wristband

RR529

Log: Colonization of Isle Namek - Day 3

Untitled
A few days ago I was brought in on an opportunity of a lifetime. Tom Nook, an entrepreneur with more capital than sense had laid the groundwork in the first steps in his master plan to transform an uncharted island into an urban paradise. Things weren't going as planned however, and despite scraping together a humble base of operations (pictured above), his plans had been delayed weeks as his teams were constantly being infirmed by aggressive wasp attacks during the day, and surprise tarantula attacks at night. He will need my help if his dream is to be achieved, and after working hard all day I have acquired the resources necessary for him to set up a permanent shop, which he should begin construction on tomorrow.

Untitled
After I had developed an antigen effective against the wasps' poison, development had finally started progressing. I have recently been able to subdue large amounts of the native fauna, and as seen above, Blathers (an acquaintance of Nook) has begun construction on a museum in which they can be kept. Finally, the native wildlife can be observed in a controlled, highly organized environment, the way God intended.

Untitled
After the first couple nights, it was clear that a tent wasn't adequate for the living needs of a civilized being. I quickly got to work on permanent housing, and while the surrounding fencing may be crude, it's the first sign that civilization has started to conquer this barren land.

Untitled
On the inside awaits an oasis of modern amenities that quench the soul after toiling away in the unkempt wilderness. While some of my furniture consists of simple designs fashioned out of the surrounding resources (or cardboard boxes repurposed as makeshift tables), I'm lucky to have indoor plumbing, my vinyl record player, & a Nintendo Switch to keep me sane in this harsh environment. Whenever I look at my electric lamp I'm reminded of man's capability to triumph over nature & it gives me the energy I need to press forward the next day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Heavyarms55

Two questions:

1. There are furniture items for each native fruit, apples, cherries, oranges, peaches and pears, correct? Is there furniture for coconuts as well?

2. Are bananas in this game? If not, do you think they will be added? Do you think it's possible/at all likely that any other fruit may be added?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

UnknownReader

@Tomas Is scary to visit stranger. Just now I was at @MasterDragon island to give him some Pear. Some guy name Nate ( not sure if it's him or someone else ) just took what I drop for MD. Got disconnected from his island and suddenly some stranger try to fly over to my island ( how that happen? ). urmmm...not gonna try again.

Edited on by UnknownReader

My Brain, eyes, and fingers are not team player. They don't coordinate with each other.

Ryu_Niiyama

@darkfenrir thanks!

On Topic: I'm slowly removing the hardwood trees and replacing them with non native fruit trees. I think aside from the "main island" I'm not going to go all out on the town infrastructure. I kinda want to make it like part of the island has been used for habitation but the rest of it is still left to nature. (plus more money from fruit trees.) This is my first time actually playing AC even though I own all of them, (barring the N64 original) and I'm not into the sim aspect as I have Story of Seasons, Stardew and Portia for that stuff.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic