Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 21 to 40 of 10,547

Magician

My #1 favourite Nintendo franchise arrives in 2019. I'm overjoyed. I have over a thousand hours invested in the series over the years. And with this announcement, 2019 is shaping up to be a better year than 2017 was.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

LuigiTheGreenFire

It's finally coming! Animal Crossing is one of my favorite game franchises, and New Leaf is my most-played game of all-time! So relieved this isn't set for 2020, but it would've been great this year. I suppose they kept us waiting so long on the announcement so that they could tie it in to the Isabelle Smash reveal.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

kkslider5552000

I hope this is the one where I finally enjoy it as much as the original. I mean, because of my username, I am obligated to play this series for all time, so it'd be nice if I enjoyed one as much as I did in 2002.

Mostly I hope it's less of a jerk to people who take a break and has some more unique and compelling character interaction.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

hirokun

System seller for sure. 2018 has been a quieter year for 1st party, but that is honestly good. The amount of 3rd party support we've seen this year, plus the amount of stuff in the direct are enough to carry Nintendo strong. But AC is one of their biggest games. It appeals greatly to those who aren't hardcore competitive gamers, but even such gamers seem to like AC too. I can tell you I play lots of harder games, but I love AC and have since its debut on gamecube outside Japan.

Based on past releases, I support the idea that this game will likely release in November 2019. I know that is more than a year out, but I am guessing that is when we will see it. Still, I have a sneaking suspicion that they've been making it for some time now, and it may be sometime in spring, perhaps their big release for golden week in Japan even.

With the Switch though, they need to REALLY up the ante. A friend and I have always dreamed of a more integrated online play where visitors can do more than just grief your town and buy stuff from your shops and trade turnips. But to be able to truly benefit would be great. Like donations to other towns nets you exclusive things, extra bells and such. More interesting town visitors and minigame features would be nice. But above all, a sort of online lobby city zone where you can interact with other people online. As it stands you'd have to coordinate with people outside the game to really meet new people and get new items. Another big feature would be to share a town with friends online. So like the original game, up to 4 people can inhabit the same town, but this time online and persistent. I'd love that. To boot up the game and see what my other friends have done while I was gone to cultivate the town together!

Lots of things are possible, and like Smash Ultimate, I hope they really pull out all the stops on this one.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Mountain_Man

Over 400-hours in New Leaf. Let's hope the Switch release isn't a City Folk misstep.

The Mountain Man

Cynas

I'm really hoping this time around we'll get the option to choose where villager houses go. I love creating paths but they always get messed up when a new animal moves in.

I'm super hyped but at the same time I'm trying to keep my expectations in check until we see some gameplay. I'm assuming the first actual gameplay trailer will come in a January direct.

2019 is really shaping up to be a great year. Animal Crossing, main series Pokemon, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, then possibly Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Eel

I honestly hope they get rid of the mayor role.

I like the options, those can stay, but I want to be just a regular villager.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CroRock

I was hoping they’ll say at the and of the announcement “available now”.. that would be surprise! Chances were small but anyway.. man can dream.
So much first party games coming 2019 that I’m sure one or two will be delayed to 2020, AC being one of them maybe. No gameplay showed at all. It’s a Fire Emblem all over again

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Eel

Animal Crossing is the kind of game they can hype up for a good period of time, offer preorder bonuses, entice potential buyers with special editions, and other things like that.

It would be bad for them to drop a surprise release just like that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Matthew010

I'm sure that it can't just be me who's noticed but in this image, the left Joy Con is red with ABYX buttons and the right Joy Con is blue with the D Pad-like buttons. Also, the ABYX buttons are backward.
Untitled

Matthew010

Matthew010

@Kimyonaakuma It's ok on Facebook, too! It's just the Youtube thumbnail that's like that I think!

Matthew010

Mew

Meh..

the official callie of nintendo life

Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew

bluemage1989

I've had some great times with the series but as much as I enjoyed New Leaf it felt really in need of some big new ideas to me. I know people like AC for what it is and don't need a major overhaul but I hope Nintendo can make an AC game that appeals to both sides.

bluemage1989

Mountain_Man

Cynas wrote:

I'm really hoping this time around we'll get the option to choose where villager houses go. I love creating paths but they always get messed up when a new animal moves in.

I agree. New Leaf was such a huge leap over Wide World in how it allowed you to cutomize your town, but I'd love even more control. It would also be great if they added the exterior decorating options like in Happy Home Designer, allowing you to add things like picnic tables and benches without them having to be a town project (which the stingy residents never help pay for anyway!).

The Mountain Man

Eel

In theory you can limit where villagers move in by placing tiles. (New Leaf)

From what I heard, villagers added by amiibo card don't move over tiles.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Harmonie

They definitely need to carry over a heck of a lot of the features from Happy Home Designer. HHD was such a solid spin-off, it had a lot of great ideas. I'm not sure how much other people would want its gameplay features carried over to Animal Crossing Switch, but I honestly wouldn't mind being able to design the interiors and exteriors of town buildings, I think that would be a neat feature to carry over.

The biggest thing I want carried over from HHD are the designing tools. I don't mean get rid of PWPs in entirety, but I think a lot of smaller furniture and other objects (pretty much anything smaller than a building) being placed outside directly would be a massive improvement over New Leaf. Designing towns in NL was so arduous for me. I know other people could and did do it, but I think simplifying this could only benefit everyone.

Improved town customization and hopefully improved villager interaction are really what I'm wanting out of this new Animal Crossing.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Octane

What are the chances this game is going to be radically different? Anyone expect any big changes? Big skyscrapers? Like an Animal Crossing Sim City?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic