Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 161 to 180 of 10,553

Anti-Matter

@SKTTR
"All these years the game tried to tell you something: That once you do, it's done, and once it's gone, it's gone."

Ah, there is no such a thing like that for me. ๐Ÿ˜
What it's done can be repeated again if i want.
I can repeat the Festival or events or keep the same date as many as i want since i take control the game, not the game take control on me.
Like i said before, in ACNL i am the Time Manipulator and i have mighty power to take control the time and prevent the villagers to move out without my acknowledge.
I have played ACNL for more than 6 years and i knew the trick to take control of them without hacking the game, just only time manipulation and Soft Reset Tricks.
Because of that, i can consider more copies of ACNL welcome Amibo and i can leave my towns safe without losing my villagers if i get hiatus from the game for long time.

Anti-Matter

SKTTR

@Anti-Matter So you'd been time traveling in New Leaf to make your favourite neighbors stay.

Well, it seems in New Horizons you can make them stay as long as you want (at least by having the amiibo cards of your favourite characters).

Though I never lost my favourite characters. I interacted with them lots (in the beginning), to the point they liked me, and even after years of hiatus they are still there, explicitly asking me if they should move out or stay in town. Prolonging friendships is no problem in Let's Go To The City, but I don't know how New Leaf handled it. They changed a lot. And they changed even more in New Horizons.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

k8sMum

When can we start playing on the 20th if we've pre-ordered digitally?

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

LaserdiscGal

k8sMum wrote:

When can we start playing on the 20th if we've pre-ordered digitally?

Midnight for every time zone, as is the case with all first party nintendo releases, third party ones are usually midnight PST.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

alpacatears

I'm getting the new switch that I've pre-ordered and that'll come with the download code. The only downside to this is the fact that I can't play it until I get to the shop that morning and then get back home to install it.
Luckily, my partner has the game downloaded on their switch so I can live vicariously through them playing it at midnight .

alpacatears

Magician

Less than three weeks to go, folks.

Hype...increasing....
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Since the Maximum of animal villagers = 10, let's create your own villagers list. ๐Ÿ˜‰

My suggestion lists:
1. All 10 Boys
2. All 10 Girls
3. Feline Island (Lion, Tiger, Cat only)
4. K-9 Island (Dog & Wolf only)
5. Avian Island (Small bird, Eagle, Chicken, Penguin, Ostrich, Duck only)
6. Rodentia Island (Mouse, Chipmunk & Hamster only)
7. Chinese Zodiac (Mouse, Cow, Tiger, Rabbit, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Chicken, Dog, Pig)
8. Africa (Zebra, Lion, Tiger, Hippo, Deer, Ostrich, Elephant, Rhino, Monkey, Eagle)
9. Australia (Kangaroo, Koala, etc)
10. Apes Island (Monkey & Gorilla only)
11. All 10 of 1 species.
12. All Herbivores
13. All Carnivores
14. Noah's Island (Have a pair of 5 different animals)
15. All Jocks / Lazy / Smug / Cranky
16. All Peppy / Normal / Snooty / Uchi
17. Ursa Minor and Major (Cub and Bear)
18. Aquatic Animals (Frog and Crocodile)
19. Icy Island (Penguin, Bear, Cub)
20. Shortie (Mouse, Chipmunk, Frog, Cub, Hamster)

Etc.

Anti-Matter

DarkRula

10 character limit names for islands being confirmed means my plans to name my island Halesowen have been confirmed.

Brandon, living on Halesowen island - named so because he wanted to build a nicer version of home, looked out at the sea as the sun rose on the first day of the island being inhabited. It was a mess, but he'd soon have it cleaned up and looking like a nice place to live.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Xyphon22

I always try to make some kind of food/animal pun. On the original Gamecube I tried to name it Spagettysburg, but the character limit made it Spagetty, which was still fun. Since I'm from Las Vegas, I named my New Leaf town Las Vegan. I don't know what I'll name my island yet. I'll probably just let my son name it since this will be his first real go-round with Animal Crossing.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Artonide

Will there be a guide thread to this game ? On this forum.
Im gonna be new to AC, would be Nice if someone would write a small guide with the most important things Like how to Get a good start in the game, what things u can do, Whats new in this version compared to earlier games, things u would have wanted to know before starting the game ๐Ÿ˜Š

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. ๐Ÿ˜Š

MrAfrika

This Animal Crossing seems exactly the same as the last one released...

MrAfrika

Anti-Matter

MrAfrika wrote:

This Animal Crossing seems exactly the same as the last one released...

Except, on New Horizons we can terraforming the island and create slopes.

Anti-Matter

MrAfrika

@Anti-Matter Not that big of a deal to be honest. Pretty much the same game.. and if you don't like Animal Crossing (like me) its going to be a long Spring and Summer until anything else decent comes out.

MrAfrika

Anti-Matter

@MrAfrika
I really hyped with Animal Crossing New Leaf and also i will pick up Animal Crossing New Horizons at Day One if possible. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Magician That's 22 days too many.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Suicune

This will be my first Animal Crossing and I really can't wait. Hopefully I'll find it just as charming as you all, but I do really like a relaxing game.

Suicune

SKTTR

DennisNOR wrote:

Will there be a guide thread to this game ? On this forum.
Im gonna be new to AC, would be Nice if someone would write a small guide with the most important things Like how to Get a good start in the game, what things u can do, Whats new in this version compared to earlier games, things u would have wanted to know before starting the game ๐Ÿ˜Š

Animal Crossing: New Horizons eases you in with all the important things you need to make steady progress.
Check the calendar to not miss events - and apart from that, play at your own pace.

In the beginning it's helpful to make some money so you can buy all the tools and make even more money.
Get a shovel to dig for treasure, a rod for fishing, a net for catching insects, a slingshot to get floating presents, an axe to collect woods, etc.
If you don't have all the useful tools yet, you can also shake trees to get fruit, do errands for the neighbors to get items, participate in Nook milestones, or collect stuff that's spawning every now and then (like shells on the beach or flowers on the grass). You can sell all unwanted items at Nook's shop.
Also, try to always save money for expensive and rare items (and to pay off your debt).

As for building stuff, do as you wish, you can move buildings around and terraform everything later on in the game.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Harmonie

@MrAfrika It's clearly not any major overhaul or change of the formula, but Animal Crossing, being a life sim, makes it an entirely different kind of franchise. Maybe that's why you don't see the appeal altogether. For us Animal Crossing fans, seamless outdoor furniture placement, terrain changing, and ability to change where villagers' houses/shops are placed are all very major features that will very much change the game.

People will have so much more control over their towns, and that is a major change when understanding this kind of franchise.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic