Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 141 to 160 of 10,553

Sisilly_G

I'm disappointed that holidays are being added gradually after launch as opposed to being in the base build.

Also, the Direct implied that there is going to be a DJ K.K. amiibo...

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Magician

Island deformation and letting the player decide where to place service buildings is huge.

It takes island customization and personalization (and the series in general) to the next level.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Finally giving players the option to fully design their town is fantastic, right down to terraforming.
The best I hoped for was just a dedicated pathing system that didn't use easily removable custom floor plattterns, and the removal of grass degradation, but this is so much better.

My major concern at the moment though is in-game communication. I need to know if it'll be possible to do text communication with online players in-game WITHOUT the mobile app.
That said, the option to connect with other players using a friend-code systems is a god-send, it was essential back in the ACNL days and that had the huge caveat of a limited number of friends on the 3DS system.
It also uses a five-digit code with a huge number of combinations, compared to the abysmal link code system that Pokémon Sword/Shield uses with its 10,000 combinations.

RupeeClock

LuigiTheGreenFire

This game looks amazing, but I expected it to be. While there's still details we don't know, that's ok. I still want surprises when I play the game.

I didn't hear anything about how many animal villagers can be on your island. I think there should be a limit of 16. That keeps the island from getting too crowded, and it's one more than the limit of the original Animal Crossing. The animals coming to your island and where they put their houses is up to you. So for all the people that would complain that having 16 animal villagers is too much, you don't have to have that many on your island.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

veeflames

@DarthNocturnal To make matters worse, it would seem that you can only perform this "cloud save" transfer once:

Lol I was hoping to switch between my Lite and my OG Switch for this game, but nooooooooooo. At this point I have to pick a primary system for this game. It would probably be the OG Switch, but the portability of the Lite would be perfect for a game like Animal Crossing.

Oh. Well.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Ralizah

@Vee_Flames I have the same issue.

I wanted to see what this game looked like on the TV, but I know for a fact I'll be playing this game in handheld mode 90% of the time, so I'd prefer to have it on the smaller, more comfortable Switch Lite.

I guess it's not like I can't run on a separate island on the TV.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

Leave it to Nintendo to complicate save data backup for a town simulation game where there's literally no harm in cheating if people even wanted to. Oh well.

At least the game itself looks really extensive. I wasn't expecting terraforming, but I'm really glad they implemented it. Now, to hope there's not microtransaction junk lurking in the shadows.

TuVictus

veeflames

@DarthNocturnal For games that do support cloud saves (like Smash Bros.), the process of transferring your saves from the cloud is not bad at all. You make progress on one system (let's call it System 1), and that system automatically uploads the save data to the cloud. Then you can grab your other system, System 2, and play with the new save data, although you'll have to download it first. Manually downloading the save data seems rather inconvenient on the surface, but it actually gives you a lot of control over your save data. You can choose to replace the data on System 2 with the new cloud save data or keep the save that was already on the system. You can even back up the data from System 2 to replace the cloud save data if you want to. Oh, and if you make progress in System 2 without first downloading the cloud saves, the system will not upload the progress made because there's already new data that was uploaded from System 2, which is super neat. It's a bit risky handling all that save data (and you can clearly see that allows for cheating in games that support cloud saves), but it works very well in my opinion.

But yeah, while I understand why Nintendo blocks cloud saves in various games like Splatoon, I still think that it should be supported in every game. With a game like Animal Crossing... well, given that the game is going to have content that can be exploited with cloud saves, it's one of those games where it would be nice to play on any system you want. Like @Ralizah said, I'll actually mostly be playing this game in handheld mode for total relaxation, and the comfy Switch Lite is perfect for that.

As for the rather odd decision to tie an island to a system... I mean, I really don't know what to say rather than it's an odd decision. That sorta explains why cloud saves aren't a thing for this game, but still. It would've been nice to have.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

link3710

Ugh seriously? Just once? ...Maybe I should wait til I get the inevitable Switch revision to start playing...

link3710

Dezzy

Still probably gonna skip this because it's really not my kinda thing, but I have to say it does look pretty good for what it is. It looks like they've quite nicely iterated on the formula for the 3DS game.

It also looked noticeably better graphically than in its very earliest trailer.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

So, something I haven't seen talked about is how they're handling the events this time around. Unless I'm really misremembering, the things like holidays were bound to the in-game clock. So you could always alter the time if you wanted to get the Jingle set from the reindeer, for example.

But with their announcements of updates for these events, it tells me there's no way for you to "cheat" for those one-a-year items. Which, assuming they lock certain furniture to these events, would honestly kinda suck. The way I play Animal Crossing isn't really a way that would benefit from this change, so I'm interested to see how exactly it'll play out.

TuVictus

link3710

@PikPi Well, they said they'd be free updates. That implies that once the event has been patched in, you can time skip as much as you want.

link3710

Anti-Matter

So, Mr Restti is not return ?
I will be glad if he's not return since his warning if we quit the game without saving was really annoying. 🙄
I mean if i want to do that, so what ?
Does it matter for him ?
I want to say to him "Do shut up ! That's my business to quit without saving, not yours !"

Anti-Matter

TuVictus

@link3710 that's an interesting idea, I hope that's the case

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

link3710 wrote:

@PikPi Well, they said they'd be free updates. That implies that once the event has been patched in, you can time skip as much as you want.

So, i can do time travel without causing a loss ? 😀

Anti-Matter

SKTTR

So, we finally get the Animal Crossing Maker that leaves no desire open.

With complete customization of literally everything

• furniture on the outside
  • terraforming landscape
  • moving buildings around
  • custom designs for almost every item

no more hacking is needed to make your dream town.

Another huge plus are the new and more advanced offline and online multiplayer features.

Are the offline adventure islands you can now travel to all in your time zone? If not, we could find islands from a different season than our own. And online you can visit people from the other hemisphere anyway, as that is now an option as well. Apart from that, holiday special events don't take place on one day alone anymore. That should minimize time travel needs. From my perspective you should play the game without time travel because I consider that cheating and taking the fun out of the true experience. Mr. Resetti would also have a word with you (and could give you a ban). If you miss something this year, you can still get it next year.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Anti-Matter

@SKTTR
Time Travel is not a really cheating for me.
I did Time Travel on ACNL for 2 purposes :

1. Fastening the Moving Out process for the villagers that i don't like after they planned to move out and i let them to go.
And then i can go back on the previous days like i have never have those villagers in my town.

2. Keep the same date over and over again, especially when i have Lazy villager inside the Campsite that i can exploit them to buy my expensive items (i use Golden Stag or Perfect Non native fruits) to get tons of money. And i can keep the process until i get bored. 😁

Anti-Matter

SKTTR

@Anti-Matter

1. From what I've seen you have more options to add and remove villagers in New Horizons. You can even get your favourite ones instantly with the Animal Crossing amiibo cards.

2. Exploiting time-based events with time travel to enrich yourself is cheating. There are plenty of other ways to make money in the game. Most of the events repeat sooner or later. All these years the game tried to tell you something: That once you do, it's done, and once it's gone, it's gone.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

fortius54

Well, a few weeks ago I was going to try to buy the Amiibo Animal Crossing cards. I could have picked up the complete set for about $300. With last week’s announcement, it has doubled.

Naturally, I’m kicking myself. I’m wondering if we will be seeing any reprints coming up. A series box is going for $70-$90. You can’t even get the set out of a box.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

Mountain_Man

SKTTR wrote:

New Horizons.
6,5 GB if you wanna pre-download it NOW.
I wait for the CARTRIDGE baby!

I'm usually a cart-only guy whenever possible, but I went digital with Animal Crossing because I know it's a game I'm going to dip in and out of frequently. Besides, I can always buy a used cartridge later at a discount if I really want to.

The Mountain Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic