Forums

Topic: almost ready to sell my switch

Posts 261 to 280 of 376

rallydefault

@NaviAndMii
For the sake of fairness of discussion, @Lethal never claimed his businesses were "more successful" than Nintendo's. He simply stated that he owns two successful businesses.

rallydefault

Lethal

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Lethal wrote:

I own and operate 2 successful businesses.

sure you do buddy

lol You think I support my wife and 8 kids on my looks?

rallydefault wrote:

@NaviAndMii
For the sake of fairness of discussion, @Lethal never claimed his businesses were "more successful" than Nintendo's. He simply stated that he owns two successful businesses.

Exactly man. These guys love adding words in peoples mouths here. Nobody actually thinks about the big picture and simply do not want to accept the fact their money has gone to a product that probably was not ready to be launched.

But to each their own. Everyone can enjoy the rest of the thread and pretend the Switch is exactly what it needs to be and nothing more.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

MarcelRguez

@crimsontadpoles I've pointed this out before, but that's not the scenario I'm talking about. I'm talking about playing the games of a system you already own on your new console.

I'm mainly asking this because I don't see the hurry in getting new hardware if its upcoming games aren't appealing to you. I didn't get a Wii U until 2014 because it didn't have enough games that interested me and that I couldn't already play on other platforms. Being able to play my Wii games on it wasn't a selling point at all; I already had my Wii for that, so that was a moot point.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@MarcelRguez For clarification, the 2.7M was for FY 2017. That means 2.7M sold by March 31. We don't have figures for April, May, or June, we know only that what's been shipped has been mostly sold. In Minutes.

NEStalgia

MarcelRguez

@NEStalgia Thanks for pointing that out, I was going by hearsay on that figure.

So, would it drive the point home if the Switch surpassed the lifetime sales of the Wii U by March 2018 despite not having media apps, or would these threads still pop up now and then?

MarcelRguez

davetheshrew

Reggie please understand

I have an itch

To play Twitch

On my Switch

Follow this demand

Or I promise

You will end up in a ditch

Or be my B*tch

You better not snitch

Edited on by davetheshrew

davetheshrew

rallydefault

@MarcelRguez
It would definitely drive the point home, and it would be an awesome accomplishment for a gaming company that was pretty much counted as "dead" only months ago. Big boon for the gaming industry as a whole, I would say. I really hope that happens.

In terms of the media apps, I think we'll start seeing some in the Fall and definitely by Holiday of this year. Although it doesn't SEEM like the lack has been hurting sales thus far, gaining them certainly won't harm sales, either.

Anecdotally, just today I was on my back porch with my Switch trying to wrap my head around Disgaea 5 (yet again lol). I played for maybe an hour, got maybe a tad frustrated, and wished I had a Youtube app or even just a browser to look some info up right there (I usually don't carry my phone around my house with me). But alas, not possible, and so my time with the game was finished. It's just little moments like that where some media apps can really extend playtime or just make the whole experience a lot more enveloping. Or maybe I could've just sat outside and watched some funny videos for another half an hour or so, extending my time with the device.

rallydefault

NEStalgia

@MarcelRguez Oh, we know these threads would still be everywhere. "I want this feature, and product X has this feature, so this product is a failure because it doesn't have it! It could have been the greatest selling product of all history if it had it!"

@rallydefault yeah I've had a few moments with games that I wanted to check a walkthrough and wished it had a browser on that solely for that purpose. Though I guess I'm too old school. I look for text walkthroughs. The idea of looking for a video is alien and unthinkable to me

NEStalgia

Eel

Like, really, the switch has barely a few hours of battery to play games on the go.

Why would you want to waste those hours checking Facebook and watching fail videos on YouTube when you have a phone for that?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BigBadJohn

We having fun yet? 😀

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

MarcelRguez

@rallydefault

rallydefault wrote:

It's just little moments like that where some media apps can really extend playtime or just make the whole experience a lot more enveloping.

I understand that, but I also believe it's part of the honeymoon phase. Anecdotal as well, but I can't remember the last time I used my console —be it my Wii U, PS4 or Wii/360 before then— to look a video up during a break. It's as @Meowpheel says, my phone already does that faster so I find it a bit redundant.

@NEStalgia You're probably right, but I do hope they pop up less frequently. I'm sure this is not the first thread on the subject I've seen on the site.

MarcelRguez

BigBadJohn

@Lethal In fairness bud you claimed to know how to run two successful and profitable businesses and then implied Nintendo didn't. Unless the two businesses you run are Microsoft and Sony you're not really in a position to compare yourself to them nor critique their business acumen when it comes to producing world class games consoles. You can have an opinion from a consumers point of view that is your right. Same as it is my right to disagree with you. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I lost my phone and the bloody switch doesn't have a browser! Damn you Nintendo!

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

rallydefault

@NEStalgia
lol no I totally agree. I usually go for the text versions, but sometimes I like seeing it in a video.

rallydefault

JasmineDragon

@MarcelRguez I didn't buy the 3DS to play DS games, I bought it to play 3DS games - but I did play the DS games on it as well. And I gave my DS to my daughter.

Not sure why you say backward compatibility is not a common feature. All Playstation models until the PS4 featured native BC, and so did XBox 360.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

MarcelRguez

@JasmineDragon Because most consoles haven't featured backwards compatibility. Besides that, not every PS3 model was BC, and 360's BC was limited to a certain number of titles. No Nintendo home console until the Wii was BC, and no Sega console was either (I'm not counting that weird peripheral thing for the Genesis). Even the GBA and DS dropped the feature altogether in some of their revisions as well.

If you picked one console from videogame history at random, chances are it doesn't feature backwards compatibility. Although it's worth noting that the most popular platforms (PS2, Wii, DS) all feature uncompromised backwards compatibility. That has to account for something, I guess.

MarcelRguez

rallydefault

@JasmineDragon @MarcelRguez
Yea, BC is kind of a more contemporary thing. Yes, the PS line and Xbox have had them, but for the other old geezers out there, I consider Sony and especially Microsoft's entry into gaming somewhat recent. My "best" gaming years were back in the 80s and 90s, and not much in the console department had BC for awhile. Some iterations like the GameBoy to GameBoy Color technically had BC, but those are pretty much the same machine. And yea, it gets a little hazy overall with the GameBoy line, because there WAS some BC there (but my memory is too foggy to go step-by-step lol).

I've always viewed BC as a luxury, but by no means a necessity. I would never want the devs to be more concerned with BC than with making new titles, basically. If it's no bother, then go for it, but otherwise focus on the machine you have right now.

rallydefault

Lethal

BigBadJohn wrote:

@Lethal In fairness bud you claimed to know how to run two successful and profitable businesses and then implied Nintendo didn't.

lol the previous 3 Nintendo home consoles imply that man. I can destroy you with numbers if that is what you want. I can break down the previous 3 home consoles and the money Nintendo made and lost in that time. Marketing has never been Nintendo's area of expertise. I know how to make money and keep making it. So I can argue with someone who has no experience in running a business, or you can read my words and understand I have a point.

I hope next year I am not coming back here saying "told you so". I already did that with the Wii U. The arguments were so similar as to the ones in this thread. Wii U was too little too late though.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

BigBadJohn

Lethal wrote:

BigBadJohn wrote:

@Lethal In fairness bud you claimed to know how to run two successful and profitable businesses and then implied Nintendo didn't.

lol the previous 3 Nintendo home consoles imply that man. I can destroy you with numbers if that is what you want. I can break down the previous 3 home consoles and the money Nintendo made and lost in that time. Marketing has never been Nintendo's area of expertise. I know how to make money and keep making it. So I can argue with someone who has no experience in running a business, or you can read my words and understand I have a point.

I hope next year I am not coming back here saying "told you so". I already did that with the Wii U. The arguments were so similar as to the ones in this thread. Wii U was too little too late though.

Go for it man. Destroy away. If you can prove to me with numbers that you have more business knowledge or indeed marketing ability than Nintendo then I would love to hear it. You don't need to dumb it down for me as I have previously stated I run 3 successful and profitable businesses (as far as you know). You've thrown it out there so let's here it. And I won't except you simply stating that you are some sort of financial wizard. Nintendo for all its faults are pioneers in the video game industry and are known worldwide, you are a guy criticising them on the internet.

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.