Forums

Topic: almost ready to sell my switch

Posts 201 to 220 of 376

skywake

@Ralek85
To be fair the TV remote feature on Wii U was useful. It was basically a universal IR remote in the gameplay itself. Which meant you could turn on/off the TV, set the right input and change the volume. It was useful but not really essential. As I said earlier in the thread, most of its usefulness is replicated with the Switch being able to turn on and set the right input when you dock.

I also think your views on watching regular TV are probably a bit country specific. But that's another story entirely.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ralek85

@skywake Fair enough, though I think Germany is still really TV country as far as the general population goes (after all, we are hardly a young country in terms of average or median age). Still, for all the Switch did, it is kinda odd to go like "but where is my TV remote?". That strikes me as a feature that is anything but essential, and also, anything but standard.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

bolt05

Asking for unbiased objective advice on Nintendo Life, the most obscure and targeted Nintendo fan forum in the known universe is like asking a drug addict not to use the drugs you just left on the table because you will give them more drugs later... whether-or-not they use the drugs now.

Course they gonna advocate the latest nintendo device is good!

bolt05

bolt05

P.S, for the record my wii u is 100% used for youtube and netflix in my house too by my kids, I stopped gaming on it years ago. But my switch is 100% used for the games by my kids and I...

My bet is that Nintendo, you know the guys who can detect your logged hours on apps on your wii u and switch, know this is how their customers use their devices and deliberately ensured the switch was a must have nintendo gaming station to be reflected in the sales. Nintendo could share their market data to confirm or deny this but I very much doubt they would. I think the proof is in front of all of us though.
Expect netflix for switch to grab a few more sales in about 2-3 years time, once nintendo has stolen some core gaming market share from ps4 and xbone. This is pretty clearly their strategy.

You have to remember, and this is very important now, Nintendo sells games and game related accessories. they are NOT a charity or not for profit organisation and never have been. If a project will make them profit they will undertake it. If not, pre-feasibility fails, they will drop it like its hot ala Wii U. They monetise their IP gaming titles. They do this by selling... GAMES. Putting netflix on a tablet will not earn them money, and in fact it will cost them money in supporting it and making sure it still works every time they update the switch, or netflix will pull support and nintendo will look bad. If switch users started spending their switch screen time watching the netflix... nintendo misses opportunities, RIGHT ON THEIR OWN PLATFORM, to monetise their users' time, through the sale of more GAMES to those captive little users!

Capitalist Schwine!! Viva le Revolucion!

I for one, am however, glad that Nintendo has returned to their core role and true form of providing dedicated and high quality gaming platforms and games for my honest consumption.

Edited on by bolt05

bolt05

BigBadJohn

Everyone has their favourite features and must haves for their consumer electronics and there is nothing wrong with voicing your concerns. However Nintendo have their own priorities. Keeping a constant flow of great games, keeping the sales momentum going, communicating what the Switch actually is to the masses. Of course that doesn't make them wrong either. We are all just struggling forward to make a better world. Good night. Take care of yourself and each other.

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

rallydefault

MarcelRguez wrote:

@erv For the same reason the "Achievements?" one was similarly lengthy.

Calling other people fanboys goes a long way to keep a thread alive, it seems.

Of course it does. You know that better than anyone.

rallydefault

skywake

@bolt05
To be fair the "fanboys" haven't really been defending Nintendo. Well not entirely anyways. It has more been a general mocking of the idea that gadgets need to all be able to do everything.

I for one never really used the Wii U features the OP complained the Switch lacks. I'd frankly rather a console that lacks them than another Wii U. Which means games not Netflix. If saying I don't want the Switch to be another Wii U makes me a Nintendo fanboy? Then wow, how times have changed!

Lethal

BigBadJohn wrote:

@Lethal hey dude, wanna buy a used iPad? It's got a browser, Netflix and YouTube. I need to get rid of it coz I want a device that'll play a fully functional modern zelda and Mario Kart and iPad doesn't even allow what I consider to be this essential function. What Apple need to do is start listening to consumers (specifically me) if they want their tablet to be a success.

I am sorry you can not comprehend what I have been saying. This is the exact type of response I expect from a Nintendo forum though. One day you will be able to understand that there are more needs than just your own. Especially when the previous 2 consoles had the features...........

The fact that you get butt hurt because I specifically gave real life reasons as to why the Switch needs what all other mobile devices offer means you are a blind fanboy that will bash anyone's opinion that is not your own. Thus making any opinion your have on this forum extremely biased.

A mature adult response to what I have been saying should have been:

"I can see where your kids are coming from seeing how all portable devices offer games, messaging, and other media services. Right now it more on the home console side but will hopefully be able to fulfill the total portable package needs that it should be."

But I knew there would be no chance of that on this forum.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Rudy_Manchego

My two cents is that it is OK to not be happy with the offerings of a console.

Is the Switch great? Yes. Is it feature loaded at the moment? No. Does it offer the same features users have come to expect from the Wii and Wii U? No. Will it get those features in due course, maybe.

As an individual, if the launch feature set doesn't work for you then I can completely get that and if you compare it to previous Nintendo consoles then I can see why, if the OP wanted a full replacement for the Wii U, this isn't it as a home console as it currently stands.

Personally, I think you need to wait at least a year before you can judge a new console. The Switch is great and I think if features are rolled out or at least road maps are released for features, it has a bright future. Come April 2018, if games are still few and far between and no movement has come with online services, VC, apps etc. then I can see the OP's concerns being more of an issue.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

My Nintendo: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

skywake

@Lethal
A "mature adult" probably wouldn't be saying people were "buthurt fanboys" when people disagreed about what features a toy "needs". Not that I'm an expert on such things being a childish loon myself.

Edited on by skywake

BigBadJohn

@Lethal Don't be sorry man, I love not comprehending people. It's why I come here. And listen I'm sorry too. It must be incredibly annoying that no one has replied in the way you want them too. In the future just put your expected and preferable response to your opinions in italics and then we will all know the correct way to respond. Then we can all just agree with you and you won't feel so victimised by us nasty Nintendo fanboys (I'm 39 so it should really be fanman!).

SW-5512-0541-9236

BigBadJohn

@skywake Be quiet you childish loon, he doesn't like to be disagreed with! Just apologise and tell him he is right.

SW-5512-0541-9236

ThomGee

@Lethal Why can't you understand that we're not defending Nintendo? It's just that your arguement is self-centered, ignorant, and does not hold up. At this point you're not even arguing with us! You just keep putting your fingers in your ears and keep shouting "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! YOU'RE ALL BLIND FANBOYS! I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG!" That's the kind of arguement a six year old would use. You act as if you've already won the debate when many, many people have refuted your points. Yes, the Switch could use Netflix and YouTube, but your reasons for why they need them right now and the Switch will fail without them are flawed.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

BigBadJohn

@davetheshrew See what you started lol! How's the Switch working out for you?

SW-5512-0541-9236

rallydefault

@MarcelRguez
Which behavior am I defending now? I was saying that people who use the term "fan boy" are ridiculous. It's such a petty rhetorical sleight; makes me feel like I'm listening to a speech by Trump. That kind of crud only appeals to the idiotic and the caustic.

I was accusing you of labeling people with the term in the past.

rallydefault

MarcelRguez

@rallydefault Well, accuse away. I have never done that and you can check it easily. You know it, or you would have offered proof to go with your accusation. Either that, or you're misremembering things.

I also think it's incredibly hypocritical of you to accuse me of anything considering your attitude during the Achievements? thread. Like @Lethal, don't pretend to be open to conversation if you're not willing to discuss the points people bring up.

If you have a bone to pick, that's fine by me, but don't make things up. And if you get your feathers ruffled this much when you see my posts, there's the fantastic 'ignore' button.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

davetheshrew

@BigBadJohn working out fine, in its dock, doing nothing until it gets features lol

Im kidding, playing lots of mr shifty and getting Gonner tomorrow.

Edited on by davetheshrew

davetheshrew

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.