Forums

Topic: almost ready to sell my switch

Posts 181 to 200 of 376

rallydefault

Lethal wrote:

Nintendoer wrote:

@Lethal Here's a crazy idea. Take a drawstring bag and put both the Switch and iPad in it. Problem solved.

You missed the point. Kids are choosing the iPad over the Switch. Do you not get that? I asked them if the Switch had YouTube would they want to bring that on the plane instead? They both said yes. This is not about needing to carry multiple devices. The Switch does not have enough games to choose that over an iPad. Not even close. But it is clear some of you choose to ignore the facts and think Nintendo is perfect and can do no wrong...

Dang... you got us. That's exactly it. <kicks random can while pouting>

...no offense, man, but come on. You have kids. You're an adult. Why are you acting like this?

rallydefault

skywake

@Lethal
So you brought both of them a Switch and you're saying Nintendo desperately needs to fix the Switch because they would rather take an iPad on the plane. Let me go over that again. You brought both of them a Switch. 1 Switch, 2 Switch. Sold. You handed over money in exchange for them and you still have both. And you think Nintendo cares about when and where you're using it? I'm not sure you understand how businesses work.

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Did the OP sell his Switch?

ogo79 wrote:

im not reading all this s***
did you sell the mofo or what

OP hasn't sold the Switch

davetheshrew wrote:

7 pages, with graphs, sources and more ....wow...well, still have the switch, still waiting for stuff but 3.0.0 gave me a little more hope for things to come. Great read btw, thanks for all the posts, including the ones taking the piss out of me (not really)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

F1R3F1Y

Same issue, although I play our Switch, it is primarily used by my 8 year old daughter. She has asked on many occasions when it will have YouTube and Netflix.

F1R3F1Y

Lethal

skywake wrote:

@Lethal
So you brought both of them a Switch and you're saying Nintendo desperately needs to fix the Switch because they would rather take an iPad on the plane. Let me go over that again. You brought both of them a Switch. 1 Switch, 2 Switch. Sold. You handed over money in exchange for them and you still have both. And you think Nintendo cares about when and where you're using it? I'm not sure you understand how businesses work.

You clearly do not understand how a business works. You can get a product sold but it needs to continue making revenue. This is not about Nintendo making money either. This is about the consumer and what the Switch needs to be for the consumer compared to other portable devices.

Don't worry about it man. You think the Switch is perfect, myself and my kids feel it needs improvement if Nintendo wants it to be a portable device worth toting around. Move on man. Stop being so butt hurt over my opinion.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

rallydefault

@Lethal
Again...he never said the Switch is "perfect." You still refuse to respond to my posts @ you, probably due to embarrassment. I have a family. I'm probably roughly your age. I'd be embarrassed as hell if I went around the internet making sweeping accusations against people I've never met.

-Nobody in this thread (or likely even on the entire website) has ever said the Switch is perfect.

-The vast majority of us don't " ignore the facts and think Nintendo is perfect" (your words). I, for one, think Nintendo is riddled with flaws, but they are doing a MUCH better job with the Switch than they did with the Wii U. In a modern world not having media apps on your gaming console is a big let-down, though. Many of us have agreed with you on that. It's just that as soon as someone offers a slight counterpoint or possible justification, you fly off the handle and whitewash the whole room.

It's really off-putting to see that from a grown man, and pretty much confirms for me what the internet is capable of turning people into.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

BigBadJohn

@Lethal Why doesn't one kid take the switch and the other the iPad? I mean it seems a bit draconian that you only allow one device per family trip. Please don't bite my head off I'm just trying to help you solve what seems to be an incredibly difficult situation for you.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

skywake

Lethal wrote:

You clearly do not understand how a business works. You can get a product sold but it needs to continue making revenue.

There are three main revenue streams for console manufacturers. The first is the hardware itself and the accessories. The second is in the selling of content that they develop and publish in-house. Lastly are the licencing fees they charge for third parties to publish games on their platform. Netflix and Youtube don't make them revenue directly because they're free downloads and therefore don't attract a licencing fee. At most they make the platform more appealing to purchase in the first place. Which is why I thought it was amusing that you're complaining about how they "need" these things when you've already brought two of them.

Really if you stopped and thought about it for a second you'd realise that it's not Nintendo that needs these services. Especially when their hardware is hard to find on shelves in their biggest markets. If anything it's the other way around, these services want to be on Nintendo's hardware. They are free to download apps and they're everywhere for a reason. They make money from consumers always having access to them so they will go out of their way to make it available everywhere. Them coming to Switch is something Google and Netflix need to resolve more than Nintendo.

Lethal wrote:

This is not about Nintendo making money either. This is about the consumer and what the Switch needs to be for the consumer compared to other portable devices.

Says the person who just talked about Nintendo "needing to make revenue" from these services. In any case, on this point you're right. Mostly because it contradicts your previous point. Nintendo wants their product to be as appealing as possible so that people buy into the platform. In your case? They've already won because you brought two....

Lethal wrote:

Don't worry about it man. You think the Switch is perfect, myself and my kids feel it needs improvement if Nintendo wants it to be a portable device worth toting around. Move on man. Stop being so butt hurt over my opinion.

"Opinion". I never said it was perfect I just said that people were making a mountain out of a molehill. I explained fairly well why I thought it wasn't that big a deal. All you've done is hurl insults and call people fanboys whenever they've dared to challenge you. Do your kids a favour and instead of using them as pawns in an online argument show them the value of conceding when you are wrong

Edited on by skywake

Luna_110

@Lethal
Maybe you should have waited before buying your kids the Switch? It seems they value more YouTube and internet than playing games (which is totally fine), but if they do, why did you drop $300+ on a system they weren't going to be satisfied with? I mean, yeah, the Switch doesn't have a lot of things but Nintendo did said that clearly before launch.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

ogo79

@skywake
oh ok lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Lethal

Luna_110 wrote:

@Lethal
Maybe you should have waited before buying your kids the Switch?

Nah. They wanted Switches and I got them for them. But now they see it lacks compared to all the other portable devices. Once Nintendo gets Netflix and Youtube on the system they will be just fine. But right now this is a problem if Nintendo wants kids to choose the Switch over an iPad, iPod Touch, ect.

There are a lot of biased responses in here because there are a lot of fanboys/girls here. And that is fine. But kids are honest when it comes to what they want and this is something Nintendo should be in a hurry to fix. Make it THE choice when choosing a portable device tote around.

Edited on by Lethal

skywake

Lethal wrote:

There are a lot of biased responses in here because there are a lot of fanboys/girls here. And that is fine. But kids are honest when it comes to what they want and this is something Nintendo should be in a hurry to fix. Make it THE choice when choosing a portable device tote around.

To be frank, kids are not honest. Kids will often just repeat whatever it is you're saying about a thing. Given your behaviour on this forum I'm not at all surprised that your kids choose not to take the Switch on the plane. Give them a loaded question like "you can only take one of these devices on the plane but if you take the Switch you can't view youtube videos" and you'll get the answer you wanted.

And again, are you really using your kids as pawns for an online argument? I think that's pretty low. Especially when you started this thread by dismissing every different point of view as "blind fanboys"

Edited on by skywake

shaneoh

Lethal wrote:

But now they see it lacks compared to all the other portable devices.

The reason for that might just be because all the other systems have several years behind them, whereas the Switch has been out a few months.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Lethal

shaneoh wrote:

Lethal wrote:

But now they see it lacks compared to all the other portable devices.

The reason for that might just be because all the other systems have several years behind them, whereas the Switch has been out a few months.

No excuse. You think when a new iPad comes out it is missing things like Youtube, netflix, messenger, web browser? I don't think so.

Anyways, it is what it is. You can all be content with what the Switch is, that is fine. But some are not.

skywake

It comes down to this:
1. Is the Switch a less compelling purchase because it lacks Netflix/Youtube at this point?
Yes. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. But given the fact that it's fairly heavily supply constrained I don't think it lacking these services is hurting them much at all. Especially given that the services we're talking about here are widely available already. The Switch not having Netflix does not mean that the end user now can't access Netflix. They can already access Netflix.

2. Is Nintendo losing money because the Switch lacks Netflix/Youtube?
No. These services are by design free-to-download. Platform holders don't make money from you using services like these on their device. The motivation is the other way around. Netflix and Google make an effort to be widely available so that their service has a higher value to the consumer.

3. If it's in Netflix/Google's interest to be everywhere why aren't they on Switch?
To be blunt at this stage the Switch doesn't have a big enough install base for it to matter that much. It also takes time for services like this to be released on a new platform. To use an extreme example the 3DS launched without the eShop and was without it for months. Closer to this thread topic my understanding is that the PS4 launched without Youtube and didn't have support for it well into 2014.

Lethal wrote:

No excuse. You think when a new iPad comes out it is missing things like Youtube, netflix, messenger, web browser? I don't think so.

When a new iPad launches it's not an entirely new platform. If you think it's comparable you are showing how little you know about how this sort of thing works. I mean if you want to be super technical I believe you are right, Youtube was available on iOS at launch. Well, at least until they removed it when Google started to muscle their way into the smartphone market. There were some features that weren't available at launch even on something as big as iOS but technically I think youtube wasn't one of them.

Either way, what you're saying here is BS. Even phones have launched without some key features. The only reason we don't see a new iPad launch without Youtube is because the iPad is not a new platform. The iPad is more like the PS4 Pro than the Switch in that regard.

Edited on by skywake

shaneoh

Lethal wrote:

Couple of things about that. Firstly, the new iWhatevers are backwards compatible with a lot of existing software, Switch doesn't have that luxury. Secondly, it would defeat the purpose an iPad launching without most of those programs, that's pretty much what they're made for, it would be the same if the Switch launched without games, why launch a game console without games? Both do what they need to, anything else is an extra.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

BigBadJohn

@Lethal hey dude, wanna buy a used iPad? It's got a browser, Netflix and YouTube. I need to get rid of it coz I want a device that'll play a fully functional modern zelda and Mario Kart and iPad doesn't even allow what I consider to be this essential function. What Apple need to do is start listening to consumers (specifically me) if they want their tablet to be a success.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

erv

How is this thread 11 pages long?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

MarcelRguez

@erv For the same reason the "Achievements?" one was similarly lengthy.

Calling other people fanboys goes a long way to keep a thread alive, it seems.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Ralek85

I haven't read the whole thread, but I am kinda stunned, that in 2017 anyone would be reliant on his Nintendo console to watch Netflix. Seriously, if push comes to shove shell out $20-$25 for a Chromecast, plug it in and control it using your smartphone. I never used Netflix on the WiiU, as I got about a dozen other devices that can handle that task, but I doubt you will find the Chromecast a worse or even a more inconvenient performer in that regrad.

Local streaming is also easily solved with the free Chrome addon 'Videostream' and the aforementioned Chromecast. As for the TV remote ... I don't know if there is a workaround for this with your TV, but again, I'm kinda shocked anyone is still watching actual TV in 2017 (obviously I know people still do this, but it's still super weird).

Last but not least, VC will be added to the Swtich, of that I am certain. Browser and Netflix support also strike me as very likely as future feature. TV Remote ... I don't really think so, as I'm not even sure how that would work, as you cannot have the Switch connected via HDMI control and still hold in your hand.

I also want to point out, that the only gaming-related issue you have with your new gaming device, is the current lack of support for OLD games. While I'm not saying that I wouldn't like VC support for the Switch, your list still makes for some curious reading. I mean, we knew the system wouldn't support any of this when it launched. It's not like anyone was shocked to find this out.

Edited on by Ralek85

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.