Forums

Topic: almost ready to sell my switch

Posts 161 to 180 of 376

JasmineDragon

Lethal wrote:

skywake wrote:

@Lethal
Why do you think they need to do that?

I already explained why. Not everyone is an adult with a phone. I have a Switch and my kid already said they want to take the iPad on the plane instead of the Switch when we go to Florida. I asked her why? She said because the iPad has YouTube and Minecraft.

I have some very good news for you, you're allowed to bring both devices. I'm not sure why you think you have to choose one. Last time I went to Florida with my family, I took my 3DS for gaming, Kindle for reading, phone for music/internet/communications, and a couple of board games into the bargain. Next time I'll probably take the Switch instead of the 3DS, but nothing else will change. Maybe if we're traveling by air I'll skip the boardgames.

Look outside of your own box and you will see there are people out there with limited options.

More good news, there are multiple federal, state, and privately funded programs that will give you a smartphone absolutely free if you do not have the money to buy one. Zero strings attached. Sign up, meet the income guidelines (which are quite fair) and the phone is yours along with calling, text and data allotments. I had a phone from one of these programs for years, before they started offering smartphones. Ain't no shame in that, as the kids say.

I live in a pretty poor area and I ride city buses every single day, and the only people who don't have smartphones now are kids under about age 9, old people who are intimidated by smartphones, and people who have much bigger life problems than getting Youtube on a gaming device.

Nintendo needs to update the Switch with everything the other portable devices already have.

You keep saying this, and people keep asking you the simple question "why?" I'm going to ask you again. Why do you think they NEED to put Youtube on a gaming device? As far as I can tell, the only answer is that it would be nice. And I'm not arguing with that, but that's not what Nintendo needs, it's what you want.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

BigBadJohn

I'm going on a train journey tomorrow and because the Switch doesn't connect to social media I'm forced to take both my Switch and my smartphone! I don't think so Nintendo, I won't be dictated to how to live my life. Carrying two electrical items is just too inconvenient. Add to that I use an e-cig as well. Why oh why can't Nintendo cater to my specific needs and make a games consoles that is more powerful than the PS4 pro and XBOX, have all the features of a smartphone and or tablet and somehow satisfy my nicotine cravings all in one fully portable box (preferably with dual screens so it can be fully backwards comparable)? Knowing Nintendo if they did make this device they'd probably want to charge more than £279 for it. Nintendo should get out of the console business cause they just don't do everything I personally want them to do!

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

BigBadJohn

@skywake Sums up my exact attitude to life.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Lethal

JasmineDragon wrote:

I have some very good news for you, you're allowed to bring both devices.

You clearly can't read or comprehend what is being said. Nobody wants to lug around both an iPad and a Switch. When given the option to choose one my kids chose the iPad. Nintendo needs to fix that. You can argue all you want that the Switch does not need YouTube, Netflix, messenger, or whatever. But we own 2 Switches and both were passed up in favor of their iPads on this trip. There are more kids in this world than adults.......

Nintendo has some work to do.

I am done here.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

JasmineDragon

Lethal wrote:

JasmineDragon wrote:

You clearly can't read or comprehend what is being said. Nobody wants to lug around both an iPad and a Switch. When given the option to choose one my kids chose the iPad.

I can read very well, thank you, and the only thing I can't comprehend here is how you can speak for everyone with such authority, when there are numerous people in this thread alone who are telling you that they will, in fact, willingly do the thing that you say nobody wants to do. People have been carrying multiple electronic devices for decaded, going back to the days when the devices in question were a Gameboy and a Walkman, and that's not suddenly going to change.

Look, I'm a parent of two like you, and I get not wanting to carry a ton of kid's toys around on your vacation. And I can respect that you limited them to one device each. Wouldn't have been my choice, but I get it. But you can't just act like you speak for everyone, especially when everybody here already told you they disagree. The facts are just not on your side. Say "I would love to have all these programs on the Switch", and you'll have my full support and sympathy. But don't try to tell us NOBODY will carry two devices. We will. We do. We always did.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Ryu_Niiyama

Did the OP sell his Switch?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

LuckyLand

Lethal wrote:

JasmineDragon wrote:

You clearly can't read or comprehend what is being said. Nobody wants to lug around both an iPad and a Switch. When given the option to choose one my kids chose the iPad. Nintendo needs to fix that. You can argue all you want that the Switch does not need YouTube, Netflix, messenger, or whatever. But we own 2 Switches and both were passed up in favor of their iPads on this trip. There are more kids in this world than adults.......

Nintendo has some work to do.

I am done here.

They have already stated that those apps will be available in the future, they said they are waiting because they want to launch them at the same time. If you say Nintendo has some work to do then Nintendo is already at work about that. If you say that those apps are mandatory at launch for you and you don't like a console that does not have them at launch you should have waited instead of buying already two different Switch consoles. It was rather easy to find out how this initial period of the Switch was going to be, Nintendo made it quite clear in various articles and interviews before the launch

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Gamer401

I agree with the OP. I'm boxing up my Switch until MO comes out, otherwise I'll be cleaning dust off it for several months.

Gamer401

NEStalgia

@Lethal Fine though that may be, if your daughter would rather watch Youtube videos than play video games (except for Minecraft), then I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't really interested if she's bringing their device or not. That's not a gaming consumer.

Though it makes me wonder, WHY would kids rather watch really bad garage videos than play top quality interactive content.... I just don't understand modern kids... It seems upside down that kids are more interested in streaming video than games, while adults are more interested in games than streaming video... Ordinarily I'd blame bad parenting, but you're hanging out on a Nintendo site...

At least this time you're their target customer, not her. 3DS is for her. At least until Pokemon drops. Mostly they want people who buy lots of games, not people that are placated by Minecraft forever and ever (I still don't get how kids get so into that...the crafting seems ludicrously complicated...)

"There are more kids in this world than adults......."
As a worldwide statistic that may be true, but in industrial civilizations the median age continues steadily INCREASING, not decreasing. Most of those surplus kids are in places where finding potable water and avoiding being shot carry a bit more priority than which subscription video streaming service is available on which dedicated gaming device.

If your kids enjoy browsing and watching videos more than playing games, the iPad is the right device for them, not a Switch. Nintendo makes little money selling them a Switch they don't want more games for.

NEStalgia

ThomGee

@Lethal Here's a crazy idea. Take a drawstring bag and put both the Switch and iPad in it. Problem solved.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

KirbyTheVampire

@NEStalgia Minecraft also surprises me that way. Kids will inevitably get bored of pretty much any other game, but for some reason, they can spend years playing Minecraft every day. I don't really see the appeal anymore, but kudos to Notch for making a game that has stayed alive and thriving for so long.

KirbyTheVampire

NEStalgia

@KirbyTheVampire Yeah, it's weird. I mean I can understand the digital legos/creativity aspect being a huuge draw to kids. (I don't get how the boredom works for adults though ), But I never actually tried the game until the Switch version, and when I played the tutorial and it was going through the absurd complexity of crafting I just couldn't comprehend how kids understand the game at ALL. It's like an overly complex PC simulation game from the mid-90s!

NEStalgia

easygoingthief

@davetheshrew: I get where you are coming from.

I just recently made the decision to sell my WiiU and Wii with all the games and accessories I have bought over the years. Why am I doing this. I have four systems to support two I have mentioned the others a 3 year old 3ds and an Xbox S, I really don't have the time to dedicate to all four. So I thought it through and decided to take a punt on the switch. Although I have an Xbox S, I still feel a loyalty to the Big N as I get more enjoyment from Nintendo I.P. games than the Xbox games. Maybe I will sell the Xbox S and become completely Nintendo. But I do understand what you are saying and it did take me a lot of effort to physically box up both consoles and accessories. I will eventually sell the 3ds once I have completed Yoshi's New Island.

easygoingthief

Lethal

Nintendoer wrote:

@Lethal Here's a crazy idea. Take a drawstring bag and put both the Switch and iPad in it. Problem solved.

You missed the point. Kids are choosing the iPad over the Switch. Do you not get that? I asked them if the Switch had YouTube would they want to bring that on the plane instead? They both said yes. This is not about needing to carry multiple devices. The Switch does not have enough games to choose that over an iPad. Not even close. But it is clear some of you choose to ignore the facts and think Nintendo is perfect and can do no wrong...

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

ThomGee

@Lethal I saw your point. My point is that they don't need to choose. A Switch is not an iPad and vice-versa. They are not competitors. Also, I don't get why your anecdote is enough to say that all kids are choosing iPads over the Switch. Anyway, a Switch can't even use data, so unless you make a hotspot using a phone or tablet, which apparently is not allowed to be used alongside a Switch, you couldn't use an Internet browser or YouTube on the go. And you keep saying it's not about bringing multiple devices, but that's the easiest solution to your issue with the Switch because you clearly have these other devices. Then, you seem to say it's that the Switch doesn't have enough games, which is a fair criticism, but has no place in this, and the iPad is no better in the games department. Finally, for your last statement, you make an incredibly condescending remark and basically say "You can't disagree with me because if you do you're all just Nintendrones." That is not making you sound more credible.

Would YouTube and an Internet browser be nice on the Switch? Definitely, and I hope they come soon. However, your reasoning for why they are absolutely necessary and the Switch is horrible without them is awful.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

LuckyLand

Lethal wrote:

The Switch does not have enough games to choose that over an iPad. Not even close. But it is clear some of you choose to ignore the facts and think Nintendo is perfect and can do no wrong...

A few great games with a physical controller are way better for me than thousand of games many of which are mediocre at best with only a touch screen as controller, and for many other gamers it's the same, expecially since we all know that often new consoles at launch have very few good games, sometimes they have no good games at all that early. If one wants more than that he just should know that it's better for him to wait and buy a new console after some time

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

kkslider5552000

Y'know, it'll be funny when I get a Switch in a year or so, and barring the unfortunate inevitable lack of free online, it'll be better and have more things and games and whatnot. Because you don't have to buy a new console ASAP. You can buy it later and almost no negative consequences will come from that!

A fact way too many people in this thread (including the OP) don't understand. The world does not revolve around any of you. Buy it when you think it is good, don't buy it when you don't, don't pretend Nintendo is listening to any of you as individuals.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ogo79

im not reading all this s***
did you sell the mofo or what

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.