Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,648

Rogueleader76

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the Switch, here's my friend code if any one is interested in adding me: SW-0959-2799-2662

I have Splatoon 2, and a few retro games (Namco Museum), BotW, Golf Story , Mario vs Rabbids, just to name a few.

PSN: rogueleader76

meppi64

@Jbs-Dad I played a ton of that a couple of years ago on my phone at work during breaks.
It's even more laid back and casual compared to Picross.
The only thing that I missed from it was the "aha" moments where the games makes you feel clever for solving a certain situation that at first you thought was impossible.
With Picross, you should never ever have to take a single guess to solve a puzzle.
Even though there will be plenty of times, especially in the more advanced puzzles where you think it's impossible to solve it with logic. Every single time I encountered such an occasion, it was either me missing something, perhaps just that single block that could be crossed out or filled in on the entire table, or it was a extra method of thinking about how to solve and calculate certain possibilities that I hadn't fully grasped yet.

The first bunch of tables will be extremely easy, to the point where it isn't much fun at all once you know the game a little.
But that's just because they always put them in as an extension to the tutorial, which I implore you to play through if this is your first Picross game. Same thing with playing a variation of Picross for the first time, like the 3D iteration or the Mega Picross version, as they add a couple of really basic looking rules, that in fact transform the game in a quite brilliant way.

I'd hold off a bit on starting Mega Picross till you have a good grasp on regular Picross btw.
When they first introduced Mega Picross, I hated it. It all seemed to random and a bit like a perversion of the purity of the original system.
I was making tons of errors and had a hard time grasping what I was doing wrong, even though I can't even begin to count how many hours I've playing Picross games since the originals on the Game Boy.
Slowly but surely I pushed on though and now it's perhaps my preferred mode since it's quite a bit tougher and those easier boards just don't give me that dopamine rush anymore.

@Rogueleader76 Welcome! and added.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

OorWullie

@Rogueleader76 Good to see you here. Just sent you a request.

We have a Weekly challenge thing going with leaderboards for the last few weeks. We have been playing Hamster Neo Geo games 5 minute Caravan Mode each week but the new challenge is for Danmaku Unlimited 3,which I noticed you already have. Be great if you could join us. You can find out the rules at the leaderboard thread and visit our High score Thread for high score chatter at the links below

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/the_offici...

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/arcade_shm...

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Rogueleader76

@OorWullie nice! Added you back. I'll participate in the Arcade challenges, I will say I'm not very good at Danmaku, but it'll be fun! Thanks for the invite!

PSN: rogueleader76

Fafounet

Hi everyone!
I am a bit late to join the party but better late than never.
I am based in Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช and enjoy online games such as Rocket League, Mario Kart D8, Arms and Splatoon2. Also love good single player games such as BOTW, Skyrim and Mario Odyssey.
Don't hesitate to add me if you are in the same time zone and want to play online. Seeyas

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Lroy

@meppi64 I'll pass on your recommendation buddy. Thanks.

@Subpopz Gladly play ROCKET LEAGUE with you buddy. I'm only just venturing online with it myself.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

@Fafounet Just added you. Welcome to the party

I play Rocket League a lot and have all the big online games. We've got together for a few sessions this last couple of weeks. All good fun.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Lroy

Likely be on Salmon Run again tonight (UK time) , maybe some Turf Wars as well. Anyone here fancy joining in on the SPLATOON 2 fun?

Lroy

@Fafounet Accepted your invite fella ๐Ÿ‘ EDIT: Just noticed you recently picked up SUPER BOMBERMAN R. I'll happily give you a game of that one evening.

@rogueleader76 Shot you over an invite.

Edited on by Lroy

Fafounet

Just picked Bomberman R yesterday, 50% discount was just what I needed to pull the trigger. Happy to play some games (whenever my three boys allow me), same for Rocket League and Splatoon 2 @Lroy

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Fafounet

Spot on! Still very much so a novice at it but willing to put the time in to get better. Reminds me a bit of Arms that way, simple to pick up but damn difficult to master! @OorWullie

Praise the Switch!

Lroy

@Fafounet Family man myself, so understand about availibility. I have most of the main online multiplayer games, so please do feel free to give me a shout in here if you want to arrange something in advance. Otherwise, if we see each other is online via the Switch, we can try and join there. E.g. I see you are playing ARMS. Presumably, we'd be able to join each other to play somehow? Still learning the march-making side for things on a game by game basis. Hence why this thread is so handy to set-up game nights etc.

Fafounet

@Lroy Yes playing Arms as we speak. Party crash got to be done! Will try to invite you somehow. Not quite sure either how to proceed but will give it a go

Praise the Switch!

Lroy

Fafounet wrote:

@Lroy Yes playing Arms as we speak. Party crash got to be done! Will try to invite you somehow. Not quite sure either how to proceed but will give it a go

It's bath time for the kids at my house, so not too worry about ARMS now. But yes, be good to know for another time ๐Ÿ‘Š

Fafounet

@Lroy Cool enjoy. Back to party crash then!

Praise the Switch!

ArtheXavier

@Rogueleader76 Added you, mate! Rocket League, Mario Kart and Splatoon all the way.

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

Fafounet

@ArtheXavier Will send you an invite if you don't mind as I have these 3 games as well and looking for some lads to play online

Praise the Switch!

AgentLA

@Lroy

I wish! Alas my wife works a full time day job and is unavailable for our MK sessions, which have been at 1pm LA time. I work too but have the luxury to be able to come back home & take a long lunch.

She was a gamer before she met me, and specifically loved Nintendo. Now sheโ€™s broadened her horizons and weโ€™ve beaten Gears of War 1-3, Borderlands, Lego games, and others together. We play a ton of couch coop games. Sheโ€™s currently playing (and loving) Persona 5 on the PS4, but her all time favorite is Dr. Mario. It really is much nicer in a relationship when you are both into games. It can get awkward if one person hates gaming.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Rogueleader76 @Fafounet

Welcome! Feel free to add me. Iโ€™m based in LA so times might be off but I am up for MK & Doom sessions. Weโ€™ve been meeting up at 8pm GMT on Mondays for MK, not sure if weโ€™re doing that this week though.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic