Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 481 to 500 of 2,648

Lroy

@subpopz Another thing to remember is that if your Mii is named something different to your Switch name. It is your Mii name that will display. Hence @oorwullie is his name here Mr. Mustard is his Switch name but in-game his Mii was called Lennon. Simple huh?!!!!

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

meppi64 wrote:

Any idea when this weeks Salmon Run's are scheduled?

I think they list the Grizzo hiring sessions on the Nintendo Online App - see it does have its use πŸ˜‰

EDIT: Perhaps someone more savvy with how to post images here could help us out and post the Salmon Run schedule from the Nintendo online app here? I can't seem to get it to work.

Edited on by Lroy

OorWullie

@Lroy

Untitled

Just edited my John Lennon Mii name to Mr Mustard an created and Oor Wullie Mii that looks absolutely nothing like him. Help ma boab!

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

Here you go @Meppi64

Thanks @oorwullie and I hope you haven't gone to such trouble creating a new Mii on my account πŸ˜‰

OorWullie wrote:

@Lroy

Untitled

Just edited my John Lennon Mii name to Mr Mustard an created and Oor Wullie Mii that looks absolutely nothing like him. Help ma boab!

Lroy

@oorwullie @jbs-dad
Getting back to ROCKET LEAGUE. It seemed like everyone one was jumping into a match , only to then leave if they began to lose and there even was some forfeit vote thing during a game in which I was losing by three or more goals. Is this how it is generally? My own point of comparison is FIFA and I used to HATE IT when your opponent quits out just because they are being beaten. Seems a weird system to use in a 'football style' game like ROCKET LEAGUE.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@Lroy @meppi64

Toad Treasure Tracker was awesome! I loved it and plan on double dipping via the 3DS for the 3D effects.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Lroy It can happen sometimes that team mates vote to forfeit the match but if you don't vote then they'll need to keep on playing or force quit which gives them a temporary ban. I'm not sure what the benefit of forfeiting is, other than not getting a defeat on your records I'm pretty sure it affects your rank,which is much more important in my opinion. I was playing 2v2 the other night and we were losing 2v1, my team mate voted to forfeit the match with 5 seconds to go. I think it's someone from here actually, F2Skipper. If you're reading this can you tell me the benefits of forfeiting?

I'm not totally innocent myself, sometimes you're getting absolutely pumped after a minute or 2 against a much higher ranked player and its frustrating continuing with the match. It's rare I do it though.

As for what I was talking about earlier, there is a Spring Event started yesterday. It runs for a couple of weeks. You can earn flowers just by playing and use them to purchase the Spring gear or Decryptors, which are basically keys for opening crates. There are 5 Decryptors available for 50 flowers each. Aim for those first as they take the longest to get. Use them on any of your crates and you may snag yourself a nice car or some cool wheels. If you were to purchase 5 keys they'd cost you Β£3.75 so it's not a bad free gift. I'm ashamed to admit I've spend Β£37.50 on key bundles. No more though, happy with what I've got and over the summer, Decryptors will randomly drop after matches.

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@Agent721 Impatiently waiting for my arcade cabinet to arrive today,will be here by 8pm. My stickers won't arrive though until the end of the week or beginning of next. Once I have those on it I'll take some pics and show it off on here.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

meppi64

@OorWullie @Lroy Thanks guys! Kinda wish it was a daily thing without limitations, although I can understand them wanting it to be something special to get enough players playing together when it's live.

I'm a bit clueless on Rocket League.
Is it possible to unlock everything without needing to spend real money on it?
I guess special modes and such are DLC? But when buying the physical edition, does it include all that?

Arcade cabinet? Oh my! Which game is it? Or is it one to be used as a MAME cabinet?
I'm actually thinking of buying a pinball machine myself.
Really want Ghostbusters, but it's 9000€ or so and I don't have that kind of money to throw at something like that with all the work needed on the new home.

@Agent721 I'm gonna wait for the Switch release to play it, but I'm much more looking forward to playing it now.
Might even pick it up on 3DS somewhere down the line if I can find it cheap as well.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Eagle9

Worms W.M.D. could be nice with folks B)

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

OorWullie

@meppi64 The special edition comes with some cars, wheels, decals, rocket boosts and trails that would otherwise cost money. I'm pretty sure when added up, you've saved money from buying it all separately. Not sure if there is any exclusive stuff in there too.

Really it's all just cosmetic though and has no bearing on the game other than looking good. All game modes are there for everyone in the base game. The crates which you earn just from playing contain snazzy gear but to open those you need keys which cost money, or if you earn them they can be opened with Decryptors. Again though, it's all just cosmetic.

I really like customising my cars,there are so many variations you can choose to make your car unique.

When you play online matches, you unlock random gear. Mostly stuff like toppers and sometimes banners,all cosmetic. But you can trade these with other players or trade 5 items of the same worth for 1 item of higher worth. It's all fun, sometimes you get good stuff, sometimes you don't.

It's one of my all time favourite games. Spend some proper time with it and you'll see it open right up and the possibilities of it.

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@meppi64 I meant to add, the arcade cabinet is just one of those cheap wooden ones off Amazon to put my Switch in. Going to customise it myself with stickers I've ordered. I'll probably hardly use it but it'll look good and will be fun to play the weekly challenges with it.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@jbs-dad Thanks for joining me mate for an impromptu session of ROCKET LEAGUE just then. Was a good laugh. Had my baby girl on my lap and then my wife and son came back from the school run. Hence why my car barely moved at the back end of that last match, lol!

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

Omg! Lumines!
One of the very best PSP games ever!
That's such a huge surprise!

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

@OorWullie Ah, yes. Now I remember that cardboard cabinet for Switch. Totally forgot about it!

From what I'm seeing everything sounds fine with Rocket League.
I like some nice customisation option, but I'm not a fan of micro transactions.
You can blame EA and Activision for that, especially EA for giving me PTSD.
Then again, if a game is really worth it and the devs don't take their audience for granted and don't exploit us, I'm fine with paying a little extra.

meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 I bought ROCKET LEAGUE digitally for whatever price it launched at - Β£10/Β£15 approx. I've no intention of paying any money for purely cosmetic customised cars or what not. I've now played it for 15hrs, so in my book, the game has already repaid its cost in gameplay value. Totally worth it considering many folks end up pumping hundred of hours into the game.

meppi64

@Lroy I'll probably have it sometimes next week as I'm expecting Base to ship it tomorrow or the day after.

Have you played Lumines before?
This might sound a bit weird as there were 5 or 6 versions in total of Lumines released over the years but seeing Lumines Remastered, I'm hoping it'll be the very first game, with the exact same songs, skins and content, just in HD.
It's literally perfect and the sequels never really felt as perfect, even though being terrific overall.

meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 I am aware of LUMINES having owned a PSP in the part and still being a Vita owner but I never put much time into them. I know they are very, very highly regarded puzzle games.

Lroy

@OorWullie Thanks for taking the time to outline a bit more the wider aspects of ROCKET LEAGUE. Noticed you'd played for over 200hrs!!! So you know what it's all about for sure. I did shoot you over an invite for a match this afternoon but no worries.

How's OUTLAST by the way? You're into your Switch horror games, I saw some gameplay of it earlier today and it did pique my curiosity.

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

@Lroy Oh, you're in for a treat then.
It's the perfect game to put on, either with a good stereo system of headphones and then wonder where the past 4 hours disappeared to.
One you get in the zone, everything else just seems to melt away.
One of the very few games where synesthesia is not just a buzz-word used to try and make the game sound cool. Rez being another.

I've heard quite a few good impressions from Outlast. Haven't played it myself though. Word of mouth certainly is positive and it seems to get really scary as well.

meppi64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic