Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 461 to 480 of 2,648

meppi64

@Lroy Ah, I thought it might be communication errors again.
No problem, It's pretty late anyway. Gonna do a couple if Picross puzzles in bed before going to sleep.

Great evening once again!

If there's anyone that wants to add me on his or her friend list, feel free to do so.
Already got a couple of new faces on there, so I don't know which new people I don't have here yet.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

MARIO KART 8 DELUXE
Games Night Closed

Many thanks to everyone who came out and participated tonight.

We had a pretty decent turn-out in the end with the following folk joining in the races and battles throughout the evening:
@Lroy
@Kodos
@Agent721
@oorwullie
@eagle9
@mudbuckr
@Meppi64
@subpopz
@Mintendo

So certainly think this first crack at an 'Adult Switch Gamers' game night was a success. Hopefully, we can do it again soon and perhaps some other members here will also take part in the fun.

Other games to organise games nights for have also been mentioned such as SPLATOON 2 and ROCKET LEAGUE. Not forgetting other games like ARMS, PUYO PUYO TETRIS, SUPER BOMBERMAN R, DOOM et. al. So please go ahead and someone step forward to organise one of those for us.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Jbs-Dad

@Lroy your a good rocket league player πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜€

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Lroy

Jbs-Dad wrote:

@Lroy your a good rocket league player πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜€

Don't give me that B.S. I'm as surprised as you that I managed to score two goals. I'd never played a competitive mode match in my life, lol! Thanks for carrying me. Only clocked 15hrs in the game to date. Mostly playing A.I. I need to learn how to play in the air more but it was good fun all the same. Thank you. Happily play again some time.

Eagle9

I don't play battle mode at all in MK8. And i don't look like little boy like my mii in MK8.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy really sorry mate, I managed to put my little one to bed early, but then me and my wife fell asleep watching a bit of tv... We woke up at 2 AM and went straight from the sofa to the bed
Please count me in for another community match

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Yeah, right. Watching TV aye? 😜

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy well of course... and you know how tiring can be watching TV at times
Ehm no really... I fell asleep like a child Blame it on the quality of Italian TV...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

Lroy wrote:

MARIO KART 8 DELUXE
Games Night Closed

Many thanks to everyone who came out and participated tonight.

We had a pretty decent turn-out in the end with the following folk joining in the races and battles throughout the evening:
@Lroy
@Kodos
@Agent721
@oorwullie
@eagle9
@mudbuckr
@Meppi64
@subpopz
@Mintendo

So certainly think this first crack at an 'Adult Switch Gamers' game night was a success. Hopefully, we can do it again soon and perhaps some other members here will also take part in the fun.

Other games to organise games nights for have also been mentioned such as SPLATOON 2 and ROCKET LEAGUE. Not forgetting other games like ARMS, PUYO PUYO TETRIS, SUPER BOMBERMAN R, DOOM et. al. So please go ahead and someone step forward to organise one of those for us.

Edited the above post to shout-out and thank everyone who played together last night. Had a great time!

Jbs-Dad

@Lroy I didn't carry you I played awful. You did well you got stuck in and it was fun that's what counts my friend

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Lroy

@Jbs-Dad Cool, ROCKET LEAGUE is pretty much a totally new game to me. Give me a shout if you fancy holding my hand through it again sometime πŸ‘

OorWullie

@Jbs-Dad @Lroy I'm up for some Rocket League anytime. Got to save up those flowers for the new Spring gear and Decryptors. I used my first Decryptor on a Players Choice crate last night and got the Octane ZSR. Well happy with that. I buy keys for crates and usually end up with some decals for cars I don't have or even worse ones I've already got.

I noticed you sent me a request last night Lroy but I was in-game and winning. If I don't join straight away give me a few minutes and I'll join you.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie Yeah, like I said. I'm very new to ROCKET LEAGUE, so pretty much everything you just said makes little sense to me. I just play with the Mario and Luigi cars. Not explored the custom options or crates or whatever at all: have no keys?! If these are in-game purchases that cost real cash, hard pass from me.

No worries about not joining. I have had a few invites from kind folk on here and because I'm stupid, I actually didin't know how to join or set-up a game with them. Managed to join @Jbs-Dad for couple of games late last night. So yeah, if I can jump on with you I will.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

After yesterday's enjoyable and successful 'Adult Switch Gamers' Games Night - striking while the iron is hot so to speak - I wondered if we could pick a game, day and start rallying interest for the next one?

I'm cool to host another MARIO KART 8 DELUXE night but am calling on other members here to take the reins for other possible game choices.

So what's it gonna be? What shall we play and shall we wait until next week or find another day this week to all jump on?

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

Just ordered Rocket League from Base myself just now. Only played it once on PS4, but this seems like the kind of game that's way more fun with friends.
If anyone is interested they have Captain Toad up for Β£30/€35 which is pretty damn cheap if you ask me, so I ordered it as well. (along with Kirby and Super Smash Bros.) Send help!

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Judi

@Lroy I’d be down for MK8, but it all depends on the time. I couldn’t do the last one because of my class/research schedule, but it’s restrictive enough that I wouldn’t ask people to try and accommodate me.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Lroy

@meppi64 CAPTAIN TOAD: TREASURE TRACKER was one of my fave games on Wii U. Torn about double-dipping and if I do, whether to get 3DS for 3D - think would suit this game - or the Switch version. Was recently watching a review of KIRBY STAR ALLIES and it actually looked like a lot of fun. I didn't bite Day 1 but I'll likely pick it up for my son's birthday in a couple of months time.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

Judi wrote:

@Lroy I’d be down for MK8, but it all depends on the time. I couldn’t do the last one because of my class/research schedule, but it’s restrictive enough that I wouldn’t ask people to try and accommodate me.

Feel free to suggest a time that suits or maybe add me as a Switch friend and then join me if you ever see me online. But that kind of loose arrangement I've tried in the past and it never seems to happen.

Hence why we've started to try and get a little bit organised recently. Still casual and relaxed, play for fun affairs, only that a fair few of us here have said we'd really like to play online with fellow members but then no action is taken to do so.

The game nights are just an effort to give people interested here an opportunity to get more value from their games by trying out the online content and hopefully enjoying themselves with like-minded gaming buddies.

Thanks for your interest, hope to see you online and best of luck with your studies.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@subpopz Our fellow racer from last night @oorwullie uses a helpful method of putting his Switch username - where different to their NL name - in their forum sig.

That's how I'm getting a handle on who is who. But still plenty of folk who have added me but now I can't marry up their Switch name to their NL name, as they bare no relation to one another ha! ha!

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

@Lroy I never actually opened my Wii U version for some reason. :-/
Guess I was too busy with my PS4, Vita and 3DS since the Wii U was getting so few games. It kinda drifted from my mind.
Now with the Switch it's the complete opposite. I end up playing almost exclusively Switch games.
I tried the Kirby demo and it didn't grab me like the 3DS games, so I cancelled my preorder to wait for more impressions. I know the people over at USGamer have similar tastes as me, so when I saw Nadia give it a 8/10, I knew it would be picking it up sooner rather than later.
I guess Kirby games don't really demo all that well.

Any idea when this weeks Salmon Run's are scheduled?

meppi64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic