Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,648

bluemage1989

@Benjoo I'm playing both at the moment and would recommend getting both as they seem to really complement each other well. Xenoblade is an epic tale with a great vibe and a solid combat system which makes a lot of sense if you pay attention to the tutorials and go with the flow. There are a few minor niggles but all in all its a great game for long sessions at home. Mario+Rabbids is great for shorter bursts, looks good and plays like a solid action puzzle game. The Rabbids are nowhere near as annoying as you would imagine.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

Also must say I really like this community within the NL community. Really chilled here.

bluemage1989

shani

Hey everyone!

Does anyone want to participate in our NL Inklings Splatoon2 tournament? We still need more players!

Our community originated from NintendoLife, but we've been gathering in our own Discord for a while now: https://discord.gg/53QfEUF

You can find everything tournament-related at the #nltournaments channel. If you'd like to participate, please vote for the dates (March 17th, 24th and 31th) that work for you on Doodle:

https://doodle.com/poll/2bpd4h2m3t4s738g#table

We also play (and stream) regularly every Splatterday from 8-12pm GMT and in the near future there will be even more weekly sessions. And of course, more tournaments.

Looking forward to splat with you!

Best regards, shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Benjoo

@bluemage1989 Yes I feel nintendo generally has a good mature player base. I have heard about paying close attention to tutorials on xc2 as it can be quite overwhelming. To be honest I cannot wait to get into it. It's will be my first xc game too. From what I have heard rabbids are quite like minions and it doesn't gel well with some people. I, however with a young family, absolutely love it. It is right up my street.

Benjoo

briansanderson

44 here and just recently picked up switch. Have purchased Mario Cart, Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, and Stardew Valley.
Am head deep into Zelda and Mario Cart.
Always looking for friends. Code is:
SW-1388-1345-6314

briansanderson

Switch Friend Code: SW-1388-1345-6314 | My Nintendo: Julab | Twitter:

roanmtnman

I have Mario Kart, BOTW , Splatoon2, Stardew Valley
Friend code is sw 6072-4220-6936

roanmtnman

RDBC1983

35 here, currently having a blast with Mario + Rabbids, such a great game!

RDBC1983

bluemage1989

SW 6041 0289 6234 feel free to add me. Playing Mario Kart 8 and thinking of taking Doom online soon so anyone up for a few games add away.

bluemage1989

Benjoo

Of course. I'll add you when I get a chance.

Benjoo

Lroy

bluemage1989 wrote:

SW 6041 0289 6234 feel free to add me. Playing Mario Kart 8 and thinking of taking Doom online soon so anyone up for a few games add away.

On Mario Kart now with some buddies. Feel free to join πŸ‘

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Benjoo

@JasmineDragon hey I just noticed your playing Skyrim for switch? Does it run well? In other words are the loading time ok?

Benjoo

bluemage1989

@Lroy oh man still at work so can't get on for a few more hours but will keep an eye out for yourself and everyone when your on.

@Benjoo I'm really curious to know as well. I played the hell out of it on Xbox 360 on release and think enough time has passed to go through it again but can't decide whether to play on Switch or enhanced edition on Xbox One.

bluemage1989

PhilKenSebben

My two cents is that it's a great port. Load times ain't terrible, and besides the initial load (30 or so seconds max I think?), going into and out of places, etc. is much brisker than 360 days. Still has some of the old bugs I've heard (haven't experienced them/trained to avoid them already), and the occasional glitch. It's all that Bethesda charm from a 5yr old game tho. Amazing to have in my pocket, looks great, runs great, loads great.

-Chicken Salad is for the uncivilized.

FC: SW-6507-4376-7598

@MikeMcPhil

Benjoo

@bluemage1989 I have skyrim special edition for ps4 and it's load tomes are much better than 360 days. Plus mods are available for ps4 and xbox, more so Xbox one version. I say if you have constant access to play on tv get Xbox one version as it's cheaper and probably plays a lot smoother. I however hardly ever have console docked and love the idea of portability.
@PhilKenSebben thanks for your input. Sounds like another game I want now hehe. Just need the time to play them.

Benjoo

JasmineDragon

@Benjoo The load times are definitely not bad and it plays very smoothly docked or undocked. You may notice a hit compared to the XB1, but I would think most people wouldn't mind. My only real complaint is that it's very dark, with no way to increase brightness. For the most part, though, it's not a problem. It's pretty flipping amazing to have this kind of game on the go. (I play about 50/50 docked vs. handheld.)

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

PhilKenSebben

@JasmineDragon I've noticed a few Switch games don't have brightness settings. Bugs the crap out of me.

-Chicken Salad is for the uncivilized.

FC: SW-6507-4376-7598

@MikeMcPhil

Lroy

Anyone up for a spot of SUPER BOMBERMAN R, MK8 DELUXE, PUYO PUYO TETRIS, ARMS, SPLATOON 2 couple of evenings (from say 8ish UK time) next week?

Had a blast playing with @oorwullie @meppi64 @agent721 earlier this week.

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

@Lroy A bit hard to say a week in advance, but I'm certainly up for any of those games.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 Cool. I'll give you a holler in here nearer the time then.

AgentLA

@Lroy

As long as I can get out of work, I’m up for some MK almost anytime. Just let met know a day or two prior.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic