Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 2,612

SuperJoon

Lroy wrote:

@SuperJoon What happened to your Switch? Did Nintendo not repair it?

Nope, it was out of warranty and It was going to cost loads to get fixed, so it wasn't worth it, especially as I don't have the funds available.

Mine overheated and started to sound like a PS4 Pro, seems the heat damaged some of the internals as the screen started flicking and then went.

When it comes back Ill probably just sell the joy cons as they are still fine or give them to my friends daughter as she loves the red ones, but the body is done for.

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Mintendo

@NaviAndMii I’ll join in tonight! Hopefully in time for the tourney, otherwise a bit later.

Dan™
SW-6118-9125-9707

Lroy

@SuperJoon Oh no. My own Switch has started have the fan come on and sound really loud for quite a few minutes at a time, was that the warning sign for you?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀|
Retro Gamer

SuperJoon

@Lroy Yeah, mine was getting very hot as well and I could feel the heat being pumped out the vent on the top.

SuperJoon

Lroy

@SuperJoon It's hard for me to say as I thought my Switch got hotter than I expected from Day 1. And yes, when the fan is going, I can feel the air coming out the top. Thought that was normal?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀|
Retro Gamer

SuperJoon

@Lroy Yeah same, I thought it was normal, but mine was getting hotter and hotter which was what was making the fan louder and louder.

Mine was like a strong breeze coming from the top though which wasn't normal, or at least I don't think it should have been haha!

Just keep an eye on how hot it gets, I think that's what caused my issue, the heat just got too much after repeated use, and even in the dock over night on sleep mode, there are still components running to keep games going etc. (Which at times would cause the fan to start going mad, then stop and start again for a few minutes before chilling it's bean)

SuperJoon

kosmaty

@SuperJoon
Sad news
Hope your financial situation will improve and you can get new one someday

If I am understanding correctly, your switch was generating more and more air flow but still air was cold?
It seems that the heating radiator wasn't working properly in your device from the beginning :/ if I am correct the air flow should be hot if device is going for higher ventilator rpm.

Edited on by kosmaty

kosmaty

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy I'll err on the side of caution mate, overheating can be really detrimental to your console's life. If a basic cleaning doesn't work I think it would be better send it out for a checkup...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

SuperJoon

@kosmaty Thanks buddy, appreciate it.

It wasn't cold air, it was hot air, but getting hotter and hotter which was causing the fan to go faster and faster. Nintendo weren't very thorough when telling me what was wrong. Just heat damage to components inside.

So maybe there was another underlying problem causing the excess heat?

SuperJoon

kosmaty

@NaviAndMii
Thanks, mate!
During RL tournament which text channel on Discord we will be using? RL or general?

Btw. Have you already use the voice chat on discord? I am planning to buy some headset for my phone - this would be additional motivation

kosmaty

ItsJustRave

I'm new to NintendoLife but I've been using it recently for the majority of news for the Switch. Obviously also brand new to the forums and this seemed like the best thread for my first post.

Currently away with work, but back in the UK and will have proper internet again in a month so will definitely be up for finding people for some multiplayer gaming. But up until now I've been playing single player games, mainly Breath of the Wild (finally finished after 105+ hours), Mario & Rabbids, Stick of Truth (Stopped due to a bug) and Stardew Valley along with some other games.

I'm waiting on Skyrim to get delivered next week, it's my first time playing Skyrim and Elder Scrolls in general (Always been more of a Fallout fan). So if anyone has any tips that aren't found in the usual beginner tips articles it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Rave

ItsJustRave

NaviAndMii

@kosmaty I just changed things around on Discord a bit earlier - each game now has its own dedicated text and voice channels, so we'll probably use those ..so far, most people have just been using the text channels, but the voice chat is getting more and more popular - a few of us were using it for Mario Kart and Splatoon recently and it seemed to work a treat! (..plus, the phone app lets you use both text and voice chat at the same time, so people who don't want to speak can still be a part of the conversation )

@Lroy @Mintendo @Jbs-Dad @electrolite77 @Fafounet @KnownAsLethal @kosmaty @Chris77 @iamcardboard @SuperJoon

Looks like we'll have a couple of people joining us for some cross-network Rocket League action this evening - which means that we'll have to do things a little differently:

As cross-network parties haven't been introduced to the game yet, once the Tournament has concluded, I'll set up a password-protected Private Lobby with the following details:

Name: NL Adults
Password: 1999

Once open, follow Play > Private Match > Join Private Match - use the above name/password - and we'll start when everyone has joined

I'll let you all know when the lobby is open over on Discord - but the details will be as above (I'll get it set up as soon as I've been eliminated from the Cup!) **fingers crossed it all goes to plan!**

Cheers all!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Mintendo

Getting a bit worried when I see that @SuperJoon’s Switch overheated. I’ve anxiously been waiting for cloud saves for a while now since I suspect my Switch is about to quit. It’s getting increasingly hotter, to the point where that little plastic grid over the fan came off (at least I think it was the heat). Also been getting a few weird error messages lately.

Dan™
SW-6118-9125-9707

electrolite77

@kosmaty

Congratulations! The surprises never end, I promise you!

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

kosmaty

I have just checked if my switch is too hot... This discussion is frightening me...
Have anyone tried to clear the console inside from dust?

@electrolite77
Thanks! Fortunately, I have some friends with slightly older kids so I can at least be aware of what comes next ;p
It's always bit different with every child though...

kosmaty

bluemage1989

What did everyone think about Nintendo's E3 this year??

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Sonic Mania and Arms.

WiiU: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge.

3DS: Detective Pikachu

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and ISS 64.

GameCube: Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

Zkibu

@bluemage1989 I feel like for some reason Nintendo is holding back and not showing new games (not only metroid Prime 4). Which I find annoying because I feel like there isn't that many new games coming, just ports. I remember Nintendo talking like a year ago that they have more resources in game developing for Switch than WiiU ever had. That can still be true, but currently it doesn't seem like that.

I just watched Xbox E3 show. They showed about 50 new games that are coming in the future. It was a blast. As a consumer I want to know what is the direction that the company wants to take my platform in the future. Not just show few games that are coming out in few months like Nintendo did.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

bluemage1989

@Zkibu I agree it was a bit strange. A lot of people think Nintendo have gone down the road of E3 being just another direct and will space there announcements out over the year but I can't help but think this is E3 the premier event in gaming of the year they should be setting the agenda for the year ahead and maintaining momentum. I like the Treehouse and the tournaments are a cool idea but so much focus on Smash?? That worked for Breath of the Wild as Nintendo had little else to show but this seemed like a wasted opportunity. I hope we see another Direct in the next month or so. Daemon X Machina looks awesome and I am stoked for Super Mario Party and Smash of course is a title that is perfect for what I want this year. Pokémon has won me over as something to keep me going till Pokemon 2019. I think this year looks good but could still be better really. I have high hopes for next year already with the management changes I think this year didn't have the time to put together the best E3 possible.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Sonic Mania and Arms.

WiiU: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge.

3DS: Detective Pikachu

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and ISS 64.

GameCube: Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

Chris77

@NaviAndMii it was 10:30 before I got done with everything so too late, well I couldn't get in so assumed you'd all finished up. Hope everyone had fun.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

Mintendo

@NaviAndMii Thanks for organising another RL evening, was great as usual. And ggs later on in the doubles @Jbs-Dad, close games (for the most part at least)!

Dan™
SW-6118-9125-9707

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic