Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 201 to 220 of 2,648

Old-Red

I've added all the people on this thread that I could, mainly for future use as my internet isn't the best where I am. It should be better in the summer when I move. It'll be nice to have some new friend scores added to games like Odyssey though. I'm particularly looking forward to the dark souls port as I'm an old hat from my PS3 days, so if anyone wants some help with it when it gets released I'll be up for that.

Switch: SW-0146-2622-4046

Lroy

@Old-Red I'll be sure to send you a friend invite for Switch buddy πŸ‘

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@Old-Red Can't seem to find you using your sig Switch code. Would you mind trying to add me. See my sig. Cheers.

Lroy

@Ralek85 I think Salmon Run and Private matches in Splatoon 2 you can pretty much pick and choose your team among friends. I think you can even make a team of 4 and go into Turf Wars? Never had the opportunity to try it. So be cool if some wise old head who has experience with how it works could maybe get a Splatoon 2 night up and running for us?

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@javman05 Added you fella.

Lroy

@adam9431 Added you. Thanks for starting this thread. Will add more folks from here as I get the chance to go through the old posts. Hopefully, we can actually get a few online games organised.

adam9431

@Lroy thanks. I actually totally forgot about this thread. Haha. Please add me and I'll go through and add people too

adam9431

Lroy

Okay, not long been in from work and putting my little ones to bed but have grabbed a giant hot choc with my pipe and slippers and gone through and added all the folks on here whose friend code I could find. Outside of a couple of people who came up with a 'can't find this user' message. I think that's everyone. My Switch friend code is in my sig for anyone who wants to add me.

If I can get an idea of numbers, who would be up for trying to get online together one night in the coming seven days? (or even right now as I'm free for couple of hours actually, lol!)

We can then pick a game and see about getting a few games in.

Also alongside that. If anyone is a fan of retro games and has some of the arcade releases for Switch. Shall we pick a game (can be on Switch or any system really) and begin posting our high scores here?

Just two ideas to try and get the ball rolling.

Old-Red

@Lroy I think I added you earlier, you should have a request from me.

Thanks for the heads up about my switch code btw. It's SW-0145-2622-4046 for anyone that wants to add me.

Edited on by Old-Red

Switch: SW-0146-2622-4046

Lroy

@Old-Red Are you Sean? Currently playing Axiom Verge? If so, AHA! Nice to meet you. Also, be sure to go into your profile settings and allow others to see your activity log. Otherwise, I have no idea what games you have or how long you've invested in them. As limited as the activity log on Switch is, being able to see what my friends are playing and have played for longest is one of my favourite aspects of trying to get a community off the ground. Also forms the basis of some of my buying choices. If other like-minded folk are enjoying a game, I might too etc.

GreyGoatee

Greetings fellow old (ish!) peeps.
Saying that I could do with some friends to play with is an under statement as I know no-one who has a switch or has any inkling to buy one.
if you don't mind, I may add some of you as it's a bit sad having an empty friends list! lol
Very much looking forward to dark souls even though I've played them all loads already.
multiplayer games I have already are bomberman and flip wars but they aint that great imo
just bought rocket league even though I can't stand football but, what the hell!
Also, is it just me (probably!) but, is anyone else getting sick of super hard 2d platformers? Celeste is has joined my long list of games I'll probably never finish.
damn I'm old!
oh, my name's al, and apologies for rambling!

My extremely user friendly code thingy (cos nintendo allowing adding gamertags would have been such a hassle!!!)
sw-1114-8148-5233

Lroy

@GreyGoatee Hey Buddy, I picked up ROCKET LEAGUE back in December and am very much a newbie at it too. If you fancy playing online together, as a team or vs. give me a holler.

I also have SUPER BOMBERMAN R if you wanna go online.

Edited on by Lroy

Ralek85

@GreyGoatee Welcome! You've got (at least) one friend request ^^

As for Rocket League, I tried my hands on it a long while back on PS4, and while I enjoyed it, I also felt like there was a really steep learning curve to it, plus a surprisingly high skill ceiling. Long story short, I quickly got the sense that without a serious time investment, I would never amount to even a mediocre player. Hence I doubt I'll bother with it on PS4.

@Lroy Since you both have Bomberman, maybe you can provide some insight for me in terms of the multiplayer in general? I almost picked it up during sale a couple of weeks back, but then I read that the online multiplayer is apparently close to dead. Considering the e-shop sale was not that great, I felt just for the SP it was probably still to pricey. I used to LUV Bomber on the N64, so that's definitely a game I'm still interested in.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Lroy

@Ralek85 SUPER BOMBERMAN R is Bomberman. So anyone who has a long standing affection for this series will get some enjoyment from this Switch release. I bought it at launch for full price and have played through the story mode in couch co-op with the Mrs. and dabbled online about a dozens times if that. I have also finished the extra world Konami gave us as free DLC. My play time according to my profile activity log is somewhere between 10 and 15hrs.

Based on that, I would say I'd have felt I'd got my money's worth if say I'd paid half price. I mean, I will put more time into the game and I really should try and play online with some peeps. I know I'd have fun and I do think Konami has done a fairly decent job of supporting this title with patches and free DLC. But yes, bottom line, I would say SUPER BOMBERMAN R is like a 6/10, 7/10 at a push. The content there is, in my opinion, is not worth the Β£40 quid or more I paid.

That said, someone on my friends list who I played online against has played this game for approaching 900hrs. So to him, Β£45-50 was an absolute bargain.

Edited on by Lroy

shani

Interesting, I didn't know this thread even existed!
Although I gotta say, I was a bit surprised about the average age in this thread (or the age of the OP for that matter). I thought this was really meant for significantly older players. I mean, most people on Nintendo Life are in their 20's or 30's anyway. But still not a bad idea to have an adults thread.

Anyway, I play mostly Splatoon 2, but also other games. Feel free to add me via my friendcode in my signature.

StuTwo wrote:

No K/D ratio on the results screen

Actually, the results screen does show your kills (in Splatoon 1 it showed kills and deaths). And you can always see you K/D in the app.

Ralek85 wrote:

One thing that kept me from engaging with Splatoon 2 is that I read that you cannot just form a party (like say you would in Overwatch), and then join a match together. Basically, you have to go in one by one and you can and will definitely end up on opposing sides, which is a real bummer to me.

I don't know where you read that - someone seems to be spreading wrong information about Splatoon 2, because I read the same on reddit recently - but it's definitely wrong. Just like in the original game, you can form a party with one or three friends, the mode is called League Battle (Squad Battle in the first game).
The only mode where you can't form something like a party is the regular mode (Turf War). But even there you will not 'definitely end up on opposing sides' but in one game you might play together and in the next game you might be on opposite sides. It's basically 50:50.
And it's obvious why: because it's an open random mode. Playing together would be an unfair advantage, but of course the developers also wanted to let you play with your friends, so as a compromise you never know whether you'll play with or against each other.
And it's totally fine, it's only the regular mode anyway - ranked is much more interesting - and splatting your friend is as much fun as shooting them with a shell in Mario Kart.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Lroy

I nominate Shani to set-up our Splatoon 2 games night πŸ˜‰

Sent you a Switch Friend invite.

Edited on by Lroy

OorWullie

@Lroy I fully agree with your nomination. @shani is a great host and got the NL community together a few times for some fun and action packed events on Wii U. Hopefully we'll get something similar going on Switch soon.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie That's settled then, ha! ha! Whilst you're here. Any suggestion for the first retro/arcade game we could play for a week and post our highest scores? Just a fun little way to motivate us to have a few goes in bite sized chunks of some older titles. Of course, we could also do a table from PINBALL FX 3?

Ralek85

@Lroy 900hrs? Considering the Switch is not even a year old, that sure is a lot (although, I guess, a fair bit of it could be idle time). But yeah, I totally get your point, and it gels well with my own impressions based on what I read. I'm definitely going to pick it up at some point. TBH, I had hoped the MyNintendo Switch rewards would show up sooner rather than later, and I didn't want to find myself with a whole bunch of coins but nothing to spend them on, having already purchased the vast majority of Switch games I'm interested in. Plus, wasting money aside, my backlog is so humongous, that I'm trying to really keep it limited to essential sales only - new year resolutions and all that ^^

@shani Thanks for the feedback, and reading back my own comment, I can see that I was being a bit ... uhm vage. So basically what I meant was that outside of ranked, there is no 'party join' and you will end up on opposing sides ... eventually (given it's basically 50:50 as you said). In that regard, what I read wasn't actually wrong, I just didn't really sum it up very well. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up.

Just as a sidenote, in other games - I'm going to reference OW again, simply because it's my most played online shooter on the last couple of years - you can totally form teams in 'quick match' (the non-ranked mode). Whether this is inherently good or bad in terms of balance and fairness, I can't say, but seeing as it's a mode just played for fun .. well, it's definitely more fun for me personally, to work with my friends rather than against them.

I got another question though, seeing as you're obviously well versed in the ins and outs of the system, how does matchmaking work in ranked? Say, me and a friend wanted to play together, but we couldn't muster enough buddies to fill a team. Will the matchmaking just fill the team with other ranked players then? (I presume that's the way it's handled). Seeing as you said "one or three friends", what happens with two? ^^

Also, how does party play and matchmaking work for Salmon Run?

Sorry to pester you, but I've grown rather, well, lazy when it comes to stuff like this. I want the game to do everything for me. Overwatch (and other mainstream shooters) have really spoiled me rotten in this regard over the last couple of years. I just want to setup a party with the friends I want to play with, then join a queue and have matchmaking take care of the rest, like filling up the squad, finding worthy opponents, not folks to steamroll and not folks who will steamroll us .. and obviously, all of that shouldn't take more than like 2 minutes at best, from party setup to actual match.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic