Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,648

Lroy

@Agent721 @Mauhlin12 @wasilewski @oorwullie - we all have SF COLLECTION. And @Fafounet soon. So when we can, let's try and get a friends lobby set-up. I'll be on and off for sessions most evenings this week just not sure of timings yet. I'll try and keep an eye on my friends list when I do go on and give you a shout in here or the main thread for the game on NL.

Going back to a previous point @Mauhlin12 raised. I'm using my new HORI Arcade Stick and I am finding it hard to accurately perform special moves on demand. Not sure if it is me being out of practice or not being used to my new Arcade Stick or the game itself. Definitely noticeable though, I was playing SUPER STREET FIGHTER II: TURBO on my new SNES Mini Classic the other night and was pulling off the moves far easier with the SNES pad.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

AgentLA

@Lroy

Sounds good to me! I need to brush up my skills very badly but Iโ€™m down to partake in some battles.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@Agent721 I'll be cannon fodder for sure. Whatever glimmer of a chance I mistakenly thought I had has been eroded in the first hour I spent with the game. Just haven't got used to my Arcade Stick or the emulation to execute the moves on demand.

AgentLA

@Lroy

It takes a while to get back into it for sure. I canโ€™t imagine with an arcade stick, I havenโ€™t used one in ages! I did get a nice thumb blister using the 8 bit do SNES joystick over the weekend, just like I used to on the SNES version! Iโ€™ll take that as a good sign of things to come.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Fafounet

@NaviAndMii @Agent721 @mauhlin12 @Eagle9 @SonOfVon @Knownaslethal @Iamcardboard @bluemage1989 @kodos Thanks to all of you for participating to our racing night. The mirror mode, hard computer and races with mushrooms only were particularly chaotic and really good fun in my opinion! I also agree that discord was a good addition to chat by text in between races.
@NaviAndMii has been on a mad winning streak, who can dethrone the king next time? Looking forward to our next racing night. In the meantime, good luck with these!
Untitled

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

NaviAndMii

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling for the return of our Rocket League event on Thursday!

This week, to celebrate the launch of the newly released game update, we'll kick things off with a special Salty Shores edition of our 1v1 Tournament - the NL Cup!๐Ÿ† (details below)

๐Ÿ†Tournament Details!๐Ÿ†

Name: NL Cup
Password: 1987 (โ† the year that the first Street Fighter game released!)
Time: 8:35pm BST, Thursday
Venue: Salty Shores

Untitled

Subscribe now for in-game updates - Registration (to take part) will open at approximately 8:20pm BST on Thursday!

..then we'll party up and jump in to a Private Lobby for some fun and frantic team matches!

I'll also be floating around in the #general-chat room of our Discord server - be sure to join me there for a chit-chat in between games!

If you have any questions or requests for the evening, feel free to give me a shout!

Otherwise, catch you all on Thursday! โšฝ๏ธ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ”ฅ Cheers!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Eagle9

Yesterdays MK8D session was not clearly my day at all. Some here have been before sessions too and noticed same ;P

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

SonOfVon

@Fafounet are you a fellow bjj practitioner?

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread ๏ปฟ Discord ๏ปฟ

Fafounet

@SonOfVon Not in a million years
I should probably have posted this pic instead
Untitled

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

mauhlin12

@Agent721 It's playable, but way laggier than ideal. Stuttering and whatnot. I do have the firmware update for my controller, I'm pretty sure I just need to, let's all say it together: "Git Gud!" my opponents online in casual and ranked matches sure didn't seem to have any problems pulling off the special moves. My biggest problem is when I'm trying to do a super move that requires a double quarter-circle-forward + kick. The game always registers me as jumping or ducking so the move doesn't work. Unless I buffer the 2X QCF input during a Hadoken animation, in which case I can get it to work about 1/4 of the time. I was mainly playing 3rd Strike with Ken by the way, online and in training mode. @Lroy and anyone else who has SFC: I'm up for some Street Fights, I don't have to be at work until 4 hours so I've got some time to kill. I'll probably be playing online just random times throughout the week so if you see me online and want some matches post a message here and hopefully we can get some matches going.

Edit: online now. If anyone wants to play I can set up a lobby.

Edited on by mauhlin12

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

Had some matches earlier with randoms using that arcade experience feature. Basically, you play the arcade game single player until it finds you a match. Beats waiting about.

Anyway, every match across all four games has had noticeable chopping animation or music. It is playable but not at all rock solid. Amazed the online can be so notably afflicted and sincerely hope it is just day one high demand. As for my performance - poor, lol! Winning about 1 fight in 4.

AgentLA

@mauhlin12 @Lroy

The stuttering is my big problem as well. Iโ€™m sure itโ€™ll get fixed soon as itโ€™s very hard to play with so much stuttering.

mauhlin12

Ok, I'm doing much better at Street Fighter today than I was last night. I maybe played 1 credit of vanilla SF3 in arcades and never played 3rd Strike, but all the hype that game gets is completely warranted. So good. I still can't pull off special moves at will, but I've been winning a little more than half of my casual matches. BTW if you go to internet options at the bottom of the screen when selecting online game modes, there is an "input lag" option. The default is 3 and I set it to 1. Couldn't tell much of a difference but it's just something to think about. Here's a video that shows off how stuttery (not a real word, I know) the game is online, and nice comeback by me as Ken.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

Yeah, I am really enjoying 3rd Strike and most of the later entries as well. ALPHAs and STREET FIGHTER III's are pretty much 'new' games to me.

Fafounet

NaviAndMii wrote:

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling for the return of our Rocket League event on Thursday!

This week, to celebrate the launch of the newly released game update, we'll kick things off with a special Salty Shores edition of our 1v1 Tournament - the NL Cup!๐Ÿ† (details below)

๐Ÿ†Tournament Details!๐Ÿ†

Name: NL Cup
Password: 1987 (โ† the year that the first Street Fighter game released!)
Time: 8:35pm BST, Thursday
Venue: Salty Shores

Untitled

Subscribe now for in-game updates - Registration (to take part) will open at approximately 8:20pm BST on Thursday!

..then we'll party up and jump in to a Private Lobby for some fun and frantic team matches!

I'll also be floating around in the #general-chat room of our Discord server - be sure to join me there for a chit-chat in between games!

If you have any questions or requests for the evening, feel free to give me a shout!

Otherwise, catch you all on Thursday! โšฝ๏ธ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ”ฅ Cheers!

I'll be able to join for an hour or so

Praise the Switch!

NaviAndMii

@Fafounet Great stuff! Looking forward to it! ..and many thanks again for hosting Mario Kart for us on Monday - had a blast! Those mushroom races sure were a lot of fun - most races went right down to the wire! ..and having 10 players in the lobby at one stage was really cool! Great evening!

Hopefully we can get a similarly decent crowd together for Rocket League on Thursday - having a full compliment of 8 players would be great!

I was meaning to tag a few regulars in the above post just to give everyone a heads-up - @Jbs-Dad @electrolite77 @Lroy @Mintendo @Chris77 @OorWullie @kosmaty @Knownaslethal @SuperJoon ..sorry if I missed anyone out - just give me a shout if you want in!

Just a word of warning - I had to download the Salty Shores update for Rocket League yesterday in order to get the Tournament set up (thought it'd be fun to have the new stage as our venue for the NL Cup!) ..the patch is pretty big - and took around 15mins to download and install - so it might be worth updating to the latest version in advance (if possible) so that you can jump right in on Thursday

Cheers! โšฝ๏ธ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ”ฅ

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Lroy

@NaviAndMii I'll be on tomorrow evening ๐Ÿ‘

OorWullie

@NaviAndMii I think I'll have to sit out Rocket League game nights from now unfortunately. I'm just too far away from you all now. My ping speed was just under 300ms last time,which is basically unplayable for a game like this. Other than moving back to the UK there's there's nothing I can do about it either. Gutted!

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic