Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 2,648

ThanosReXXX

@NaviAndMii Thanks for the compliment.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Lroy

@NaviAndMii Glad to hear you had a nice time. Yep, alternates SPLATOON 2 and ARMS went off pretty well considering it was a first try at this rotation system.

Happy to revert back to Week 1: MK8 DELUXE and ARMS for this coming week. Forget who's turn it is but assuming either myself or @Fafounet is about around 8:30pm to create the room in MK8 DELUXE on Monday, we should be good to go as usual.

If my copy STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY arrives on Tuesday 29th. I am up for having an impromptu extra Games Night on that the same day.

Then ROCKET LEAGUE on the Thurs hosted by your good self ๐Ÿ‘Œ

As for SNES Mini. Yes, my unit arrived today and I have hooked it up to my main living room LCD. Only had a brief chance to turn it on and boot up SUPER MARIO WORLD for a few minutes thus far. Kids demands on me seldom cease, lol! I would like to have a chat with you about the modding to add extra games. Perhaps we could use it as an excuse to try and get Discord working? I plan to do a similar thing with on another topic with @Fafounet - got my daughter's birthday celebrations this weekend (second child birthday in the same moment). So perhaps backend of next week?

Kudos to @ThanosRexxx for his tips and general advice. This is site I am thinking of using as a guide to do the mod: http://snesclassicmods.com

Out of interest @NaviandMii Which version of the software did you use. This site suggests as of May 2018 Hakchi CE is the preferred solution for ease?

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@Agent721 Cheers for the info regarding 8-Bit Do and wireless controller options for SNES Mini. I'll pick one up then. I take it the packed in adapter is all I'll need to get it working, yes? Not a separate, different on needed at all? Read some comments prior about Bluetooth or wireless methods?

OorWullie

@JohnOnSwitch Welcome to the thread. My first console was the 2600 so you've started even earlier than me

If you enjoy playing arcade games check out the Arcade Community thread.If you like a challenge too then we do weekly high score challenges with the Switch arcade games and some modern ones too. It's been going for over 3 months now and we have open leaderboards for all the games used in past challenges.The leaderboards are in my forum signature just underneath this text.

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Lroy

@JohnOnSwitch Welcome buddy. Feel free to send me over an invite via my Switch friend code in my forum sig. I adore the Switch arcade library, the community around the arcade releases galvanised on here in other threads such as the Switch Arcade Community and Switch Arcade High-Score challenges have brought me back to gaming in a big way. The weekly Game Nights we organise on this thread are also a major positive to my experience of Nintendo's latest dream machine. Look forward to playing with you online some time and chatting on here.

AgentLA

@Lroy

For the mini SNES, use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074HBNNH6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=U...

It comes with the adapter you need.

A great alternative one for the Switch is this one with cool NES stylings, dual joystick and all shoulder buttons. Its also very thin and easily fits in any switch case. This one is great for traveling. I played a ton of BoTW with it and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B3RWW1F/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=U...

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@Agent721 Ta fella ๐Ÿ‘Š

This the Amazon UK equivalent correct?

8Bitdo SF30 2.4G Wireless Controller for SFC Classic Edition (Electronic Games) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074HBQ78V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_x...

The same Controller you recommend though yes?

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@JohnOnSwitch

Welcome to our little corner of the world, with Nintendo, arcade and multiplayer goodness. Iโ€™ve been gaming since the 2600, so I share a similar story to you, except Iโ€™ve been with Nintendo since I got Octopus Game & Watch in the early 80s and have played basically every Big N system since. But I also have an Xbone, PS4, PS3 and much more.

We have a good group here, lots of chatting about gaming in general and of course weekly gaming sessions. Feel free to send us friend invites as many of us have our FCs in the footer.

Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

mauhlin12

@Lroy I've already got Street Fighter downloaded so I'm up for some Tuesday night street fights (Hado-Tuesday?) I use an 8BitDo SNES Pro Controller for retro games in docked mode since the D Pad on the Nintendo Pro Controller is... not great. It took me about 30 minutes to get it synched and figure out how to download the latest firmware but I'm not tech savvy at all so maybe others have had an easier time. https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SN30-Controller-Windows-macOS-A...
On Monday I'll be able to hop in for a few games of MK8D but I won't be there for the entire duration.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Knownaslethal

Hey everyone

I been researching a good pair of wireless headsets that work with the switch while docked and plug and play on the go. I read about this headset and decided to buy a pair yesterday. even though it says that it for the ps4 it works really well with the switch. just plug in the usb dongle and turn on the headset. it is a little pricey though. It also has bluetooth built in so you can connect to phone or computer at the same time and listen to music or answer phone calls while still playing. here is a link.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/turtle-beach-stealth-700-wireles...

Retro Gamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2901-5961-2122 | Switch Network ID: KnownLethl
Discord Channel for Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/etcnkf7
Team Site: guilded.gg/Nintendo-Adult-Gamers

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Fafounet Yeah, we had a bit of a family get-together at a Center Parcs holiday village here in the UK - for a week of drinking, activities, drinking, fun and more drinking! Had a great time, thanks! Our fair isles sure were blessed with some unusually great weather over the past few days! ..until, that is, I put a curse on it by buying a disposable barbecue to use on the final evening - when, just my luck, the heavens opened to greet my cooking skills with a torrential downpour! Haha! Wasn't the most relaxing of holidays - felt absolutely exhausted by the end of it - but it was all good fun!

...very much looking forward to having a weekend of R&R, kicking back and watching some sport on the TV and sinking my teeth in to some handheld Switch gaming goodness - so I can be nice and rested in time for the return of Mario Kart Monday!

@ThanosReXXX Oh no - thank you! I had originally planned to attempt to add some games to my little SNES last weekend, but the opportunity never came up...I was able to dip in to the forums for a quick browse here-and-there in my downtime this past week though - and your input certainly helped me to feel more prepared and confident when I was finally able to get around to it - very much appreciated!

@Lroy Oh sure! Yeah, it'd be great to try and get the Discord channel that @Knownaslethal set up for us going - will try my best to get in to the habit of dropping in when I can (..I'll also try and get myself a little headset for my phone before too long so that I can perhaps dabble with the voice chat features too!)

More than happy to drop in and have a little chat about the SNES Classic I believe that the version of hakchi2 I used was called 2.20...I have had it downloaded for a while - so it may have been updated since - but I'd imagine that (as Thanos said on the SNES Mini thread) any 'official' updates would probably follow a similar numbered pattern (ie. v2.21 or v2.30, something like that) ..just be sure that you download the 'proper' version - not one from an unverified source

With the tips here - and the help of a top rated step-by-step guide I found over on Reddit (which I'll post on Discord when I get the chance) - I found it to be a fairly smooth process...and the program itself has plenty of prompts and messages to guide you through each stage too - so, as long as you take your time, you shouldn't run in to many/any issues

...the 21 pre-installed games are ace though - more than enough to tide you over for the time being, I'm sure Enjoy!

@JohnOnSwitch Greetings and salutations! Pretty chuffed that, under the right search conditions, we're in some way 'Google-famous'! Haha!

Feel free to add a few of us on Switch if you'd like - new faces are always welcome Great to have you on board!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Eagle9

Have to ask because i don't have interest to read every message in this topic, so is there any MK8D sessions anymore?

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Lroy

Eagle9 wrote:

Have to ask because i don't have interest to read every message in this topic, so is there any MK8D sessions anymore?

There's a MARIO KART 8 DELUXE games night this Monday 28th. 8:30pm UK Time. Me or @Fafounet will create the room.

Going forward though, I think we are adopting a rotation system. As detailed in the poll @Fafounet organised and presented feedback on.

MONDAYS:
So Week 1: MK8 DELUXE, then the next Monday (Week 2) Will likely be STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY.

THURSDAYS:
Week 1: ROCKET LEAGUE hosted by @NaviandMii
Week 2: ARMS (likely be replaced by MARIO TENNIS ACES once that launches late June).

Although of course, things are up for discussion in this thread, should you feel interested ๐Ÿ˜œ

For example, we've still to hit upon a set night for weekly or bi-weekly SPLATOON 2 sessions. Think we mentioned possibly a Saturday or Sunday night?

Fafounet

@Lroy Happy to create the room this Monday for our Mario Kart D8 gaming night.
@JohnOnSwitch Belated greetings to you! Welcome to this thread.
@NaviiAndMii Sounds you had a lovely break; I have learned to never taunt the Irish weather gods though! They are way too capricious.

Edited on by Fafounet

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Lroy

@Fafounet Nice one fella. I'll see you on the track around 8:30pm then ๐Ÿ

ThanosReXXX

@NaviAndMii Glad to be of assistance. I know that searching for AND getting the hang of these kinds of things can be a bit of a chore sometimes, so I though I'd share my own experience, which can in turn help others. I did it all by simply following the instructions in those two videos I posted, though. They are SO hands on and clear, that I didn't need anything else to get the hack done.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

AgentLA

@Knownaslethal

Thanks!

AgentLA

Nice surprise in the mail today, 3 days before itโ€™s supposed to be released. Thanks Best Buy!

GrailUK

@Agent721 Oh you lucky sod!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic