Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,648

Fafounet

@Lroy @Mintendo Need to go guys. Last run was a tough one!

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Lroy

Cheers for the impromptu Salmon Run fellas. Nice way to round-off the ARMS games night. Cheers @mintendo and @Fafounet

And thanks to the latter for organising and hosting our first ARMS night.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@Iamcardboard They'll be plenty of other opportunities. Just give us a shout in here one evening if you want to play anything.

Fafounet

@Mintendo @Agent721 @Lroy Thanks a lot for participating. Definitely a lot of close matches. 4 fighters at once was complete mayhem, but fantastic fun. Temporary alliances are the way to go!
@Meesh @Iamcardboard loads more gaming nights on the agenda!
@Lroy Just sent you few messages on Discord re fighting stick.
Good night all

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

mauhlin12

Oh man I missed out on Salmon Runs! Too busy finishing up Bloodstained: CotM. Awesome game. Took me a little over 2 hours to beat and now nightmare difficulty is unlocked. Easy recommendation to anyone who likes the 8/16 bit CastleVanias.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

AgentLA

@mauhlin12

Sweet! I was hoping it was good.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Fafounet

@mauhlin12 @Agent721 got Curse of the Moon yesterday, but got stuck at the second boss so need to go back to it. Such a great Castelvania 3 8bit vibe! Great game

Praise the Switch!

mauhlin12

@Fafounet I'm so happy with CotM. It's like they made a CastleVania 3-2 in 1991, just like everyone was saying when the game was revealed. I've seen references to CV 1-4, Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood, even a little Shovel Knight reference in there too. How's it doing sales wise in Europe? It's already up to #6 in the U.S. Eshop and it hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet! It should easily get up to #1. Makes me happy and hopefully Konami will take notice and let the CastleVania (and others) I.P. out of purgatory.

mauhlin12

Lroy

@mauhlin12 I'd love Konami or Capcom or Sega and others to revive their classic catalogues and make new games in the SHINOBI series or CASTLEVANIA or what not but if they persist in doing nothing with gaming Gold then at least it is nice that other developers are trying to honour and evolve that legacy.

Edited on by Lroy

mauhlin12

@Lroy Exactly! Pass these old series off to the indie devs if the I.P. holders are just going to do nothing with their properties. We've seen what Inti Creates did with Mega Man 9 and 10 and now a new CastleVania with a different name. Last year we saw fans make a better Sonic game than Sega ever did, and I really liked Sonic 1-3+K. People who grew up with these old games are now old enough to make games themselves and if given the opportunity they will treat the series with respect and create something wonderful. I want more!

mauhlin12

Fafounet

@Lroy @mauhlin12 well it is a trend that does not seem to fade away at the present time anyway. Sonic Mania is consistently in the top 15 of EU eshop, Curse of the Moon is now sitting at 14. The way I see it, the Switch gives a better opportunity for those indie developers to take a chance and resuscitate older IPs from the golden 8/16bits era as the targeted demographics are not only kids but also adults like us that thrive on gaming nostalgia!

Praise the Switch!

Lroy

In unrelated news, looks like a SNES Classic Mini may be incoming to my abode later today. Just ordered a couple of those Orzly(?) extension cables for the controllers. Also noticed an 8-Bit DO wireless controller for ยฃ20. Is that a good price and is that controller worth a punt?

Edited on by Lroy

Chris77

@Lroy great stuff. I don't use mine a lot but very glad I got one. Haven't tried the wireless controller so let us know if you take the plunge on one.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

Lroy

Anyone know what software I need to use out of Hakchi2 or Hakchi CE? Just want to add some more SNES games. Cheers.

meppi64

@Lroy Wow, the email notification for this arrived way too late, so I guess that's a no...

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Eagle9

I do not play Switch games online right now except MK8D, and maybe Worms, but that's it. I have so many fantastic single player games too and also 18 3DS games to beat and others enough tempting to replay. ^^

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

NaviAndMii

Hey all! Back from my break! Great to see that the newly introduced game rotation was a success! A huge thanks once again to @Fafounet for setting it all up - crackin' effort! ..and an equally big thanks to @Lroy for his part as host!

Really looking forward to jumping back in with you guys again soon! (..is it back to 'Week 1' - Mario Kart and Rocket League - next week??)

Cheers guys!

@Lroy I see that @ThanosReXXX has been giving you some sterling advice over on the main SNES Mini thread in the past week - just thought I'd let you know that I managed to successfully install an additional 38 games on mine

I found it to be a pretty straightforward process really - I may need to install retroarch for a couple of my ROMs (according to a list of 'problematic games' I found over on Reddit) ..but the others should all work fine without retroarch - and have been running beautifully up to now Very, very happy!

Let me know how you get on (you should be fine!) - look forward to comparing and contrasting our respective libraries!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Fafounet

@NaviAndMii Welcome back. Hope you had a lovely time/break and some nice weather too. Can't recognise the Irish weather at the moment, sunny and 22C! It is even distracting me from playing my switch! Yes roll on to Mario Kart and Rocket League!

Praise the Switch!

AgentLA

@Lroy

I have a bunch of 8 bit do controllers, and I think they work great. When we do SF gaming, Iโ€™ll be doing it on their SNES replica joystick sinked up to the Switch. Iโ€™ve used both their NES & SNES replicas and they work great on both the mini NES & SNES.. Iโ€™d highly recommend them, but donโ€™t forget to update their firmware when you get them via the 8 bit do site. Theyโ€™ve really reduced their lag and it makes a world of difference.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

JohnOnSwitch

Hi everyone! It's great to see a space for older Switch fans! True story: I was thinking about starting an online community for "Adult Switch Gamers" and when I searched Google for that phrase I found this thread so I thought I'd just sign up here instead.

I've been into video games for as long as I can remember, starting with arcade games like Tank! and Pong. I've owned pretty much everything from the Magnavox Odyssey 2 to the Xbox One but I somehow managed to miss out on the NES/SNES era so I'm going to get the mini systems.

My Switch has become my preferred console because I can easily take it with me to the office, on business trips, etc. It's also just a great system for kicking back and playing games while doing other things like listening to TV shows with my wife.

I bought my Switch several months after launch so I've been playing BOTW non-stop. I'm also looking forward to playing ARMS, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis Aces when that comes out. My latest addiction is 'Sky Force Reloaded' which is so great! I really like how the Switch feels like a portable, retro arcade machine. I can't wait to eventually play some of my old Sega favorites as well.

I'm looking forward to following along and chatting here!

JohnOnSwitch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic