Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,648

AgentLA

@Fafounet

Yes, I came in late but enjoyed the lunch time break from work! Letโ€™s keep these up, I really enjoy MK Mondays.

The mirror race was cool and we should do those more often.

Edited on by AgentLA

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Fafounet wrote:

NaviAndMii wrote:

Good day all!

Just thought I'd gather peoples' thoughts regarding this weeks Rocket League session!

As always, the invite is open to all (new faces are more than welcome!) - we'll be looking to play on either Wednesday or Thursday at around 8pm BST ..let me know when would be best for your (and roughly what time you'd be able to drop in) and we'll try and pick the date and time that best suits

As usual, we'll mostly just be playing private matches amongst ourselves and just generally having a fun, chilled evening together ..I was hoping to perhaps fit a 1v1 Tournament in there as well - I'll see when people might be available and try to arrange one at a time that works for everyone!

Let me know if and when you'd be interested and we'll go from there! Cheers!

Thursday evening looks definitely more promising for me too!

Fantastic! Nice little crowd building already

@Jbs-Dad No problem! Hopefully we'll be able to add a few more to the ol' highlights reel come Thursday!

Fafounet wrote:

@Lroy sorry for the zero score, I just happened to take the screen shot when you just joined!

Talking of zero scores...@SonOfVon didn't give us a chance on Shine Thief! Haha!

Untitled

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@NaviAndMii I should be able to play if it's Thursday. Tomorrow is doubtful. If we can fit in a 1v1 tournament that would be great.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

NaviAndMii

@OorWullie Great to have you on board! Looking forward to it!

I did a little bit of research regarding tournaments - apparently they still work if you don't have even numbers (eg. in a 7 player tournament - 1 player gets a 'bye' to the Semi's, while the other 6 compete for the 3 remaining Semi Final places) ..so I'll try and arrange one for a time where as many of us as possible will be on (ie. if most people will be on at around 9pm BST - I'll create one for, say, a 9:10 start) - and I'll share all the details on here in advance

I was also wondering about perhaps throwing a couple of rounds of Rumble (below) in when I host? (standard 'Soccar' rules, but with crazy Mario Kart-style weapons thrown in!)

I was thinking about having a 1v1 tournament - then some private matches (3v3...4v4 if we're lucky!) - and perhaps sprinkling a couple of Rumble matches in for a change of pace every once and a while? ..sound like a plan?

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Lroy

@Fafounet Ha! Ha! No worries mate. Probably not an inaccurate summary of the evening โ˜บ๏ธ

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

SonOfVon

@NaviAndMii yeah, that one gave me the win at the end. I suck sometimes, you on the other hand are very good constantly

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread ๏ปฟ Discord ๏ปฟ

Lroy

@NaviAndMii That all sounds ace to me. Thanks for putting this on for us all ๐Ÿ‘Œ

OorWullie

@NaviAndMii 1v1 Rumble on Badlands is superb. I play that with my mate a lot. Once you understand what each move does it can make for some intense matches. 1v1 hoops can be really good too. It's difficult to score though. Most of the time I've played it 1 goal (basket) is enough to win. Dropzone can also be fun but it takes some time to get the hang of.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

NaviAndMii

@OorWullie Yeah, having a couple of Rumble matches sprinkled in should be pretty fun! ..as it's not too different from the standard 'Soccar' mode, it's probably the easiest to pick up - a nice option for a change of pace!

I really like Hoops and Dropshot too - nice twists on the format - and they force you to play in a slightly different way (heavier emphasis on aerial play and precision shots) which gets you thinking 'outside the box' and helps to develop your all-round game Definitely up for throwing some of those in to the mix as well going forward!

Of course, we'll stick to the 'standard' modes for the most part - but mixing things up by playing some of the other modes every now and again should only add to the fun!

@SonOfVon Your Shine Thief victory was magnificent! ..and seeing that scoreboard pop up at the end made me chuckle! Haha!

I haven't managed to win a 'Battle Cup' yet - have a lot of fun trying though! ..always action-packed and highly competitive!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

NaviAndMii

@Mintendo Niiiice!

So, with @Lroy @Jbs-Dad @Fafounet @OorWullie and @me all also confirmed - that brings us to a grand total of 6 players for Rocket League Thursday! ..should be great!

I'll probably jump on just before 8pm BST tomorrow evening to get things kicked off - with @Lroy joining us a little later at around 8:30pm - and perhaps a 1v1 tournament arranged for, say, 8:40pm? (..or a little later if anyone can't make it for then?) ..then we can just kick around in a private lobby 'til our thumbs get sore/eyes go square/both!

Still a couple of spaces available for anyone else who might like to join us (@Knownaslethal perhaps?) - would be great to have a full compliment of 8 players for our 1v1 tournament and potentially some 4v4 craziness afterwards! The more the merrier, as always

Looking forward to it!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Lroy

@NaviAndMii I'll jump on as early as I can. So maybe before 8:30pm. We'll see, looking forward to it. Outside of Monday's MARIO KART 8 DELUXE games night, I haven't been able to tear myself away from my Manager Mode career in FIFA 18 or my high-score runs on SENGOKU 3 thus far this week. So ROCKET LEAGUE Thursday will offer a nice distraction, lol!

Knownaslethal

@NaviAndMii i can probably hop on around that time. Just FYI everyone if you want to kick it up a new level and start using voice chat for these games we can use discord and I have a server already setup for this group. Its really easy to use if you don't know what discord is here is a link to show how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDVqruRsYtA

Here is the link for this group discord server if interested. https://discord.gg/XMztDXd

Retro Gamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2901-5961-2122 | Switch Network ID: KnownLethl
Discord Channel for Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/etcnkf7
Team Site: guilded.gg/Nintendo-Adult-Gamers

Twitter:

Fafounet

@NaviAndMii I'll also be probably on around 8.30pm and will be able to stay on for 1h/1.5h. Looking forward to it now.

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

SuperJoon

NaviAndMii wrote:

@Mintendo Niiiice!

So, with @Lroy @Jbs-Dad @Fafounet @OorWullie and @me all also confirmed - that brings us to a grand total of 6 players for Rocket League Thursday! ..should be great!

I'll probably jump on just before 8pm BST tomorrow evening to get things kicked off - with @Lroy joining us a little later at around 8:30pm - and perhaps a 1v1 tournament arranged for, say, 8:40pm? (..or a little later if anyone can't make it for then?) ..then we can just kick around in a private lobby 'til our thumbs get sore/eyes go square/both!

Still a couple of spaces available for anyone else who might like to join us (@Knownaslethal perhaps?) - would be great to have a full compliment of 8 players for our 1v1 tournament and potentially some 4v4 craziness afterwards! The more the merrier, as always

Looking forward to it!

I would have joined in with you guys, however I have a date with Avengers Infinity War instead!

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Lroy @Jbs-Dad @Fafounet @OorWullie @Mintendo @Knownaslethal

Great stuff! I just quickly jumped on to get our Rocket League Thursday 1v1 Tournament set up - the details are as follows:

Tournament Name: NL Oldies Cup
Tournament Password: 1234
Tournament Start Time: 8:35pm BST

I went for an 8:35pm start just to give us 5mins leeway

As we discovered a couple of weeks ago, the game won't let you register for, or participate in, a 1v1 Tournament if you're in a Party - so, hopefully, if we all get registered beforehand and disband the Party just before it starts, it should all run smoothly!

You should be able to register anytime between now and then - any problems, let me know! ..and if you're going to be running slightly late for whatever reason, give me a shout and I'll push it back to a time that'd work better

...once the Tournament has been completed, we'll Party-up again - give warm applause to the Champion ๐Ÿ† - and just kick around in a Private lobby together for some 4v4's etc!

Looking forward to it!

(..still room for one more if anyone else wants in? - let me know! )

EDIT: Looks like registration for the Tournament isn't actually open quite yet, after all - it's possible to subscribe to it (so that it appears in your Tournaments list) but the game won't let you register until just before it's about to start (..apparently, once registered, you can't do any online matchmaking until the Tournament begins - which probably explains it)

So, feel free to subscribe to it - then perhaps drop in and register at around 8:25-8:30pm (and disband any Parties that are open) - ready for kick-off at 8:35pm!

@SuperJoon Haha! No worries! We usually get together once a week at around 8pm BST on a Wednesday or Thursday (whichever works best for people from week-to-week) - so there'll be plenty more opportunities in future if you'd fancy it ..enjoy your movie!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Lroy

@NaviAndMii Just booted-up ROCKET LEAGUE and subscribed to the NL Oldies Cup ๐Ÿ‘

NaviAndMii

@Lroy Great stuff!

Yeah, looks like we can't actually 'register' for the Tournament yet - only 'subscribe' to it (apparently because registering for a Tournament stops you from being able to do any online matchmaking until it starts) ..so we'll have to make sure that, at around 8:30ish, we all drop in and properly 'register' for the Tournament (and leave any Parties that we're in) ready for the 8:35 kick-off

EDIT: Just adding my original post below so that the instructions are easy to find

NaviAndMii wrote:

@Lroy @Jbs-Dad @Fafounet @OorWullie @Mintendo @Knownaslethal

Great stuff! I just quickly jumped on to get our Rocket League Thursday 1v1 Tournament set up - the details are as follows:

Tournament Name: NL Oldies Cup
Tournament Password: 1234
Tournament Start Time: 8:35pm BST

I went for an 8:35pm start just to give us 5mins leeway

As we discovered a couple of weeks ago, the game won't let you register for, or participate in, a 1v1 Tournament if you're in a Party - so, hopefully, if we all get registered beforehand and disband the Party just before it starts, it should all run smoothly!

You should be able to register anytime between now and then - any problems, let me know! ..and if you're going to be running slightly late for whatever reason, give me a shout and I'll push it back to a time that'd work better

...once the Tournament has been completed, we'll Party-up again - give warm applause to the Champion ๐Ÿ† - and just kick around in a Private lobby together for some 4v4's etc!

Looking forward to it!

(..still room for one more if anyone else wants in? - let me know! )

EDIT: Looks like registration for the Tournament isn't actually open quite yet, after all - it's possible to subscribe to it (so that it appears in your Tournaments list) but the game won't let you register until just before it's about to start (..apparently, once registered, you can't do any online matchmaking until the Tournament begins - which probably explains it)

So, feel free to subscribe to it - then perhaps drop in and register at around 8:25-8:30pm (and disband any Parties that are open) - ready for kick-off at 8:35pm!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Lroy

@NaviAndMii Yeah, bit of a fussy system isn't it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic