Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,648

electrolite77

That was tremendous fun. Sorry I had to disappear (and sorry for unintentionally disappearing at one point) but night shift called.

Some good players in the mix there. I need to figure out how to adapt my defensive, counter-attacking strategy in 1 vs 1 to the team game.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Knownaslethal

Good Games Everyone. I'm still trying to learn this game lol.

Retro Gamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2901-5961-2122 | Switch Network ID: KnownLethl
Discord Channel for Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/etcnkf7
Team Site: guilded.gg/Nintendo-Adult-Gamers

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Yeah excellent fun! Really enjoyed that!

Thanks to everyone who took part! Having 6 of us together for some 3v3 matches was the pinnacle of the evening - brilliant effort! ..so many close games as well - was awesome!

Book-ended the evening with some great 2v2 ranked matches as well...and finished off with a fantastic come-from-behind overtime win (teamed w/ @Jbs-Dad) - doesn't get any better than that!

p.s. ...and sorry we didn't get a tournament going! When you set one up, you have to set an exact time that the tournament will start - so I input that I wanted to start it in 5mins...but, unfortunately, I clearly overestimated how quickly I can type on the Switch - because, by the time I had messaged all of the instructions to you guys, the timer had pretty much elapsed, meaning that I'd have had to start the process all over again! **Doh!** (Kind of a pain that I couldn't just invite you all via the party! ..ah well, I'll just give myself a bit more time next time around - lesson learned!)

Fantastic night though all - thoroughly enjoyed it! Rocket League Wednesdays/Thursdays are a hit!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Lroy

@NaviAndMii Thanks again for steering the ship buddy. You put on a great ROCKET LEAGUE games night ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Fafounet

@NaviAndMii yes I'd like to echo this sentiment. Thanks a lot for organising. Had a great time yesterday, albeit my mixed successes with the game. Roll on to next week's game night!

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Fafounet

OorWullie wrote:

@Agent721 I missed your reply, sorry about that. I'm in the UK still at the moment but will be back in Thailand by the first week of May. I'll be sitting up for a while tonight and can play some Doom, it's just gone 12am here.

My Doom copy finally arrived today. Still getting to grips with the game, but would love to delve into the multiplayer with you guys at some point. Am on UK time zone however.

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

NaviAndMii

@Lroy @Fafounet No problem whatsoever! Was brilliant to have so many people taking part - really great evening!

I may not be able to commit to playing Rocket League on both Wednesday's and Thursday's going forward - I was thinking, as we seemed to get a slightly bigger crowd last night, I might make Thursday's my regular evening? ..but if Wednesday's would be generally more favourable for people, I could go with that instead

I also thought I'd put the feelers out to see if anyone would be interested if I hosted a regular Splatoon 2 session each week?

I was thinking, as the special 'Splatfest' events always take place at weekends, that Saturday's might be the ideal choice - that way, we could all pick the same side and team up together if a Splatfest is on, or just do some Salmon Run (co-op) or League Battles (team) if not - but I understand that people may have other commitments at weekends, so would be more than happy to change to another day if people would prefer? (..any day other than Friday is good with me, really)

I can't do this weekend - but perhaps, from next weekend onwards, we could have a 'Splatoon 2 Saturday' event? ..let me know if (and when) you'd be interested!

AgentLA

Fafounet wrote:

OorWullie wrote:

@Agent721 I missed your reply, sorry about that. I'm in the UK still at the moment but will be back in Thailand by the first week of May. I'll be sitting up for a while tonight and can play some Doom, it's just gone 12am here.

My Doom copy finally arrived today. Still getting to grips with the game, but would love to delve into the multiplayer with you guys at some point. Am on UK time zone however.

Cool! Iโ€™ll be on there this weekend. And im not sure how we can join each otherโ€™s games without playing a private match? Iโ€™ve only played public matches and I donโ€™t see how you join your friends, unless itโ€™s a private match. Hopefully we can get a group of a few going. I know a few of us on here have the game,

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

electrolite77

@NaviAndMii

Thanks for your organising efforts last night.

In terms of what night is best I'm a bit of a pest because of my shift pattern, which is 6 on, 4 off. Next Wednesday I'm on a 7am-2pm but Thursday 2pm-10pm. The week after I'm off Wednesday and Thursday. Basically go with the general consensus and I'll coordinate on a week by week basis ๐Ÿ˜

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

NaviAndMii

@electrolite77 That's cool! What might be best then, is if we just keep doing what we're doing with Rocket League - just seeing what'd work best for people on a week-to-week basis and adapting accordingly

I'll put the feelers out to see where people are at at the beginning of next week - potentially lock in a time and date for a 1v1 tournament, like @Lroy did the week before (so we can all get registered in advance, seems to work better that way) - but otherwise, just generally continuing to go with the flow...it's been working pretty well up to now

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Fafounet

@Agent721 ok sounds good. Let me know when/if it happens. Still messing with settings and new motion controls. Have not tried the multiplayer yet but will dabble into it tonight.

Praise the Switch!

Fafounet

@NaviAndMii Thursdays will always work better for me, but can't say for sure I'll be available every week. So case by case basis works for me too!

Praise the Switch!

Lroy

@NaviAndMii I'm cool with making ROCKET LEAGUE a weekly Thursday games night. If you're okay to host? Will step in if needed and think @Oorwullie also said he would help out in the future once he is back home.

Lroy

@NaviAndMii The wife and I play SPLATOON 2 (Salmon Run) most weekends if it's on, so definitely up for any SPLATOON Saturday/Sunday action.

Again, happy to help out with the hosting if needed but also be great if some more folks on here could step up and help us out ๐Ÿ‘

Edited on by Lroy

mauhlin12

@NaviAndMii I'd definitely be up for a Splatoon 2 day. @Lroy Where you planning on jumping on Salmon Run soon? I ask because God of War just came in the mail but I'll take a break from throwing my axe boomerang at Norse gods to splat some salmonids. Also there's a 6.5 gig day one patch for GoW.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

@mauhlin12 Can jump on tonight if you are about? It's 9:20pm for me now.

Otherwise Salmon Run is on tomorrow from 7pm UK time I believe?

Finally, could do a shift or two on Grizzo on Sunday?

Edited on by Lroy

mauhlin12

@Lroy I'm available now and Saturday and Sunday so yes I can jump on.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

@mauhlin12 Cool, let's do an hour now then? I'll create a room. The password will be 1234. The wife is already playing it and will join us.

So that leave's one space on our crew.

Anyone want to play Salmon Run for the next hour? Come join the room and let me know here.

@Meppi @Oorwullie @NaviandMii

Edited on by Lroy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic