Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,648

Bunkerneath

@Ralek85 Nope, Guernsey (little island in between England and France)
Only really check this site when at work about once an hour

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Old_Goat_Ninja

GrailUK wrote:

You have no idea how creepy getting a random invite from 'Getinmyvan' was! Ok, I'll add ya.

Hahahaha.

I give up, I'll never remember to check this at home, so writing all your FC's down on a piece of paper and will add when I get home. I only check the site from work. On breaks only of course

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

FelixFelicis77

@GrailUK
Haha it was meant to be GetInTheVan if not for the 10 character limit lol. Probably not any less creepy to anyone not in on the joke

3DS Friend Code - 5370-0392-0243
Gamertag/PSN ID - FelixFelicis77

Windy

adam9431 wrote:

@Windy you need to make a chocolate peanut butter and banana smoothie .... rough measurements: 1 banana, 1 cup ice, 1/2 cup milk or substitute, 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp chia seeds and blend it up

I will try that sometime.

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

maruse

@Ralek85 Thank you! I've been in vacation and came back home just today, so it took awhile to add you.

If you've got a 3DS too add me there too!

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

maruse

@FelixFelicis77 added you back! I also added you to my 3DS friend list so, please add me back there too!

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

adam9431

I don't know why i feel the need to do this but if anyone is looking for a switch they are in stock exclusively for Amazon prime members .... is this thing still hard to find?

I want a second one, but am waiting for a limited edition

adam9431

Wozzie

4169-9646-4689
Add me peeps I'm 32 so guess I'm old these day 😂

Wozzie

erv

Late to the thread but 33 years old and kids and all that.

Send me a request so you can pay my mortgage

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Windy

I have found as I have got Older that I'm getting very picky with what I play. Pretty much playing RPG's all the time and rarely break off for anything else. I have had an itch to play PES Soccer on Wii so I may fire that up soon. Anyone else getting picky in their old age?

I've actually pretty much dumped Mario, Sonic games they just don't interest me anymore.

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

Ralek85

@Windy Well, I'm not that old ^^ and I never card much for platformers anyway, in fact I never really played a single Sonic game on a home console, but yeah, I definitely get where you're coming from. It's a mixed bag with me though, on the one hand, I've become very critical and deliberate in what I actually pick-up and play (less in what I end up buying though ... sadly ^^), on the other hand, I've also become let's say less stuck in my ways. Since I've become more "picky" (as I say more critical and deliberate), I've also become more open to games or entire genres, I would previously not even have bothered with considering.

Case in point, I've actually really enjoyed Forza Horizon and even mainseries Forza games for the last 2 or 3 years now. That's pretty much the first time, I really bothered with a racing-sim'esque game in, well, like ever. Hell ... I used to think that those where the most boring things ever, and now I spend more on a racing wheel, pedal set and shifter than an entire console!

I think I managed to become more critical of my own 'tastes' and really, my own preconceived notions about stuff. It's not just games either, same goes for every other form of entertainment as well. Worst of all are movies though. I find it harder these days to 'turn my brain off' and ignore e.g. flawed camera work or edition and certainly dialogue in order to 'enjoy mindless fun'. For instance, I never liked Michael Bay movies (though some of his earlier work, like The Rock were certainly watchable), but now, I can't sit through an entire showing of one of those crappy Transformer movies without getting half a headache. I can't stop seeing the same repetitive parallax-shot over and over again, followed by the same repetitive overly aggressive cuts over and over again ... it's just really incredibly, horribly bad, and I find myself looking at the people around me, wondering if ... if it is just me being horrified and annoyed but this kind of "film making". It's not really film making, it's just an annoying style of making fast-paced music videos, stretched out over 2.5 or so hours.

Christ, I'm ranting, ain't I?

Anyways, all-in-all, and if this is really part of getting older and more 'mature', then I guess I have to live with it! ^^^

@Woozie @erv I'll send you an invite right away!

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Old_Goat_Ninja

Windy wrote:

I have found as I have got Older that I'm getting very picky with what I play. Pretty much playing RPG's all the time and rarely break off for anything else. I have had an itch to play PES Soccer on Wii so I may fire that up soon. Anyone else getting picky in their old age?

I've actually pretty much dumped Mario, Sonic games they just don't interest me anymore.

As I get older, I still enjoy games a lot, but yes, my gaming has changed. I don't play online nearly as much, I prefer solo RPG's as well, and it's the main reason I got a Switch, for BOTW. I'll grab Mario Odyssey, but I'm not nearly as excited for that as I was for BOTW. I'm a Zelda fan, and it's open world, yes please!

I used to buy A LOT of games on a single console. Now I have a lot consoles, each with just a few games haha. All my favorite games are open world world RPG's. Skyrim, BOTW, Watchdogs 2, GTA V, Witcher III, etc., are the only games I really get into now days. I do like racing games, but I'm picky about those too. I like Forza Horizon 3, but not Forza Motorsports 6. I do like Need for Speed games, but not all of them. It's hit or miss with NFS.

JarJarBlacks

I'm 35 and I am glad that Nintendo is back. I don't care for bloody, realistic games, just "fun" games, no matter the power of a counsel.

Most of my time is spent on MK8D, Splatoon 2, BOTW, mixed in with Overcooked and Snipperclips for good couch fun.

Sip my scotch, and have fun with friends! lol

JarJarBlacks

Windy

@Ralek85 @Old_Goat_Ninja I can't wait for this Racing game coming out for Switch called Gear.Club it's really just an Android racing game already out. If the Price is Right I will pick that up. Other than MarioKart we don't really get any other good racing games on Nintendo platforms. My issue is all I play with are Switch, 3ds and Wii. Being such a fan of RPG's I should have a PS4 too but I've been playing nothing but Nintendo since the Wii. Back in the day I was a huge fan of Sega and also had a TurboDuo which I sold off a few years ago. I am interested in this new system by Atari. Once they actually tell us what it's going to be I may or may not get it but I'm following the news on it. 3DS is my favorite system of all time and not for gaming on the go which I hardly ever do. It just has a great line up of games and tons of RPG's.

Old_Goat_Ninja

@Windy Gear Club. I'll have to do some searching on that one. Never heard of it, but I'll check it out.

The Atari, yeah, they're really hush hush. I think it'll be like Nintendo, kind of it's own platform not really competing with anyone. Have it's own line up of games, etc.

If you're half the RPG fan I am, you want a PS4, or XBox, although with Horizon Zero Dawn, I'd lean towards PS4, because that was a very well made open world RPG. Instantly became one of my all time favorite. I usually prefer XBox over PS4, but on the current generations, PS4 is my favorite of the two and is my go to console on any game available for both systems.

Ralek85

@Windy If you like fun racing games, but want something besides MK, a little less arcade'y maybe, do yourself a favour and pick-up a cheap 'original' Xbox One. I know, I know, and believe me, I'm not an Xbox fun, but the three (!) Forza Horizon games, plus their excellent themed addon, you can play on that system, are absoutely worth the money all by themselves. They are that good, easily my favourite non-fullblown-arcade racing games - meaning besides Mario Kart and Burnout. On top of that, you get access to one of the best jRPGs of all time, Lost Odssey (featuring easily the best side stories in any videogame to date btw - "A Thousand Years of Dreams"), plus a few other good games of course.

I hope Gear Club will be worthwhile, but for me personally, it has to be able to at least compete against FH. Not necessarily in terms of presentation, or wealth of content, or customization of cars and all that, but really, in terms of the pure joy of driving. I doubt it will even get close though, in my view, not even Drive Club or GT can get close to that insanely fine-tuned sensation FH manages to invoke. It's pitch-perfect, and as such, it makes everything else seem horrible out of tune =(

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

NaviAndMii

Personally, I think that the Switch is going to have most bases covered for me - I already have an awesome single-player adventure (Zelda), a couple of ultra-replayable online games (MK8D & Splatoon 2) and a couple of couch co-op options too (Overcooked & Death Squared) - and I'll likely add Skyrim, Rocket League and FIFA to my collection as well, which'll probably leave me with little time for anything else!

..but there are still certain genres of game that I think will be better represented on PS4/X1 - realistic racing sims being one of them - I hope that Gear.Club provides a decent option for those who want to do all of their gaming on their Switch - but for me, personally, the likes of Gran Turismo/Project CARS/Need For Speed represent good reasons to keep my (very dusty) PS4 alive!

If the last few months are anything to go by, my Switch is going to be, by far, my main console - but I'll pick up the odd racing sim & unmissable AAA game for my PS4 here-and-there to keep the thing ticking over!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Old_Goat_Ninja

@Ralek85 Forza Horizon 3 was excellent. I absolutely loved that one. It'd be hard to top, or just equal. I think if Gear Club just comes close, I'll be pretty happy to have a game of that caliber on Switch. Agreed, I don't care if it's as pretty or customizable, I just want it fun to drive.

Also agree on Drive Club. I actually lost interest in Drive Club within just a few hours of game play. Stunningly beautiful game, but the replay factor just isn't there. I didn't play that game long at all and was bummed I spent so much money on it.

@NaviAndMii Skyrim.... still undecided on that one. It's just so well made for the PS4, not sure if I want it again for the Switch. I might when it's been out awhile and goes on sale. We'll see. I'm a huge Skyrim fan, just not sure I want it on the Switch yet.

NaviAndMii

@Old_Goat_Ninja Yeah, I've already owned it twice (X360 & PS4) - so I wasn't initially sold on buying it a third time (!) - it was only really after playing Breath of the Wild that I started to lean towards getting it...

I just loved the way that the flexibility of the Switch allowed me to play BotW - I could spend 10mins over morning coffee just cooking a few meals up, or spend an hour-or-so in the afternoon having a meatier session - and I found myself wishing I could've approached Skyrim in a similar way! 10mins spare? Tackle a Bandit Camp! A whole hour-or-two? Go on an epic adventure! ..I just think that the hybrid nature of the console alone would add so much to the way I play the game (plus my X360 save bugged out - and I didn't play too much of the PS4 version because the Switch kind of took over - so I've never really had the 'full' Skyrim experience! ..I could just crank up my PS4 again I guess, but I always say that and never do!)

Depending on how my finances are looking (and the price of the game) I might, as you say, wait until I can perhaps get it on sale or pre-owned or something - but I'm totally on board with getting it at some point!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic