Forums

Topic: 2019 will redeem 2018

Posts 121 to 128 of 128

LzWinky

Smash is coming out in 2018. That alone makes the year a good one

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

electrolite77

Why does 2018 need redeeming? To most eyes its had the Bayonetta games, a new Kirby, new Donkey Kong Country, a Zelda spin off, Sushi Strikers, Mario Tennis, a single-player Splatoon 2 expansion, a new Xenoblade, Octopath, improved third party support (Fortnite, Paladins, Crash, Mon Hun etc) and still has Mario Party, Pokemon and Smash to come.

Forum dwellers might be upset about Wii U ports but most people don't care.

Edited on by electrolite77

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

EvilLucario

@electrolite77 I don't think casual people even care all that much about a drought. Because they'd probably only buy like 3 games a year or something.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@ilikeike I’m in the minority it seems on this site, but I thought 2018 was disappointing compared to 2017. I get that it’s just due to my personal tastes — I haven’t really found a indie title I like besides Rocket League so none of the excellent indies appealed to me so far this year, and while I didn’t play every good Wii U game on my Wii U (and thus enjoyed DK Tropical Freeze when I got a few chances to rent it), it does feel like this year was lackluster. Bayonetta 1&2 and DK Tropical freeze are excellent games but are from the Wii U so they don’t have the same sort of wow factor, especially for a Wii U owner. Kirby I heard was decent but nothing amazing, likewise for Mario tennis, and anyway neither of those games interest me. I’m not a fan of RPGs so Octopath didn’t interest me, and I didn’t like Crash the more I watched of it. Captain Toad is another good Wii U game I didn’t play but regardless doesn’t have a wow factor especially in the eyes of a Wii U owner. Okami HD is definitely on my radar tho, it looks amazing and I never played it before.

That being said I got my Switch a few months ago and am replaying BotW and playing Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and Rocket League, so it’s not too bad. And I’m looking forward to Pokémon and Smash this year. But it’s hard to shake the feeling that this year was fairly unremarkable, with many of the Switch’s best games being ports from another system. Again, only my experience and others (the majority based on the number of people who shared their opinion on this site) may think 2018 was really good. But for me personally there isn’t anything remarkable besides Pokemon and Smash, and as others mentioned above Pokémon arguably shouldn’t be considered.

That being said it’s normal for a consoles first few years to be slow. PS4 and PS3 were like that. 3DS and Wii U were like that. By the time we get to Year 4 in a consoles lifespan they usually have a library of excellent titles, which the Switch seems on track to accomplish.

shadow-wolf

EvilLucario

@shadow-wolf To be fair, even though I defend 2018 a lot, it is definitely worse than 2017 for most people, I'd imagine. But 2017 was a fantastic first year no matter how you slice it. Lots of variety in the launch year with extremely great GotY games would do that and set the bar VERY high for future years to come.

For me 2018 has indeed been a bit slow, but considering I have so many obligations to take care of that's not an issue for me personally.

That said, 2019 might be even better for games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

StephenYap3

@ieatdragonz
I'm not gonna lie: I was pretty impressed when I saw its latest footage on the direct. It looked more closely to the Yoshi game I wanted and alongside Animal Crossing Switch and Luigi's Mansion 3, Yoshi's Crafted World might be a purchase for me (even though I have it on preorder).

Early on after the direct, I did state that I'm still on the fence for Crafted World, but thinking about it now...what the hey. I'm on board.

StephenYap3

shadow-wolf

@EvilLucario Yeah I hear you, that's how I feel too. Looks like 2019 is looking much better than 2018, so that's good to see! Unfortunately I will be much more busy in 2019 than I am in 2018, so I might not have the time to play what I want to play, but oh well.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

SwitchForce

I think since the start 2017 NSW has been doing just fine for all the whinny complaints. They have the long goal in mind and that is why they are still growing the NSW base and games. I find it bemusing how fast some judge NSW but fail to see the bigger picture and that is the larger their gaming fan base the better year after year. Nintendo has once again made their name a Family Home mainstay just by their innovations and thinking outside of the box they jump started their Name and propelled the NSW when there were alot of naysayers and downers. I highly doubt their investors are pulling back but now see the long term game.

SwitchForce

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.